Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:58 am 

Almost ended my final DS3 run at NG+7, only Soul of Cinder missing...

Gael was just insanely difficult. Not only it's a long fight with multiple movesets to memorize, but It felt like a SL1 Run because of the out of scale damage: the cape trail alone does almost half health.

I tried with rapier, curved sword, twinswords and finally settled for Hollowslayer GS and lightweight armor. After 15 estus, a blessing, an ember, two tears of denial and a two digit number of tries i did it

I'm glad they ended the series with the most badass fight ever :)

Side note: the boogieman Ng+7 Friede is a joke with backstabs and a heavy weapon (i used a Dark infused Claymore) and Dragonslayer Armor eats 90% of your health with the axe attacks 0_0

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:33 am 

henkkjelle wrote:
twistedknife wrote:
Anyone play MK 11 yet? I was considering buying it, and it has been getting great reviews by critics. But it's being review-bombed on Metacritic right now. People are apparently complaining about micro-transactions and "SJW propaganda".

One of the characters goes back in time and ends slavery. Apparently that's SJW propaganda and anti-white rhetoric. Or so the internet is telling me. :ugh: Oh yeah and they redesigned some female characters (less tit-ninja) and that's..... bad.... because reasons... I guess...

The micro-transaction situation is shitty though. You can unlock everything in game by just playing the game and not buying anything in the store, but it will take unholy amounts of time to do so. Apparently lots of rng as well.

The people who use "sjw" as a slur or can't handle fictional storylines like this are the weakest and most insecure sacks of shit on the planet. Their complaints are completely meaningless, just like their lives. So they cluster in droves on the internet to feel like they matter and talk about the anti-man conspiracy theories they all decided are real.

I haven't yet encountered or dealt with the microtransactions, but the Koins have been in a lot of MK games for a long time. Though they seem to be earned a bit slowly this time around, or the Krypt prices are a bit too high. There's a lot of extra things in this one that I'm still getting into, but haven't paid for any microtransaction stuff. I won't, for that matter. A lot of the microtransaction stuff seems to be completely optional and unnecessary. Tokens for easy fatalities and the like.

As for the game itself, I'll get into it more tonight after my son and I get home and we can dive into it. So far, I haven't even started the story mode yet, just done some towers to give my favorites a try: Kitana, Kabal, and Noob.

MaleficDevilry
Anointer of the Sick

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:49 pm 

Morn Of Solace wrote:
Almost ended my final DS3 run at NG+7, only Soul of Cinder missing...

Gael was just insanely difficult. Not only it's a long fight with multiple movesets to memorize, but It felt like a SL1 Run because of the out of scale damage: the cape trail alone does almost half health.

I tried with rapier, curved sword, twinswords and finally settled for Hollowslayer GS and lightweight armor. After 15 estus, a blessing, an ember, two tears of denial and a two digit number of tries i did it

I'm glad they ended the series with the most badass fight ever :)

Side note: the boogieman Ng+7 Friede is a joke with backstabs and a heavy weapon (i used a Dark infused Claymore) and Dragonslayer Armor eats 90% of your health with the axe attacks 0_0

Jesus. Do you have the Platinum? I'm working on DS3, NG+4. I've been sidetracked by Sekiro. I'm on NG+2 now.

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:57 am 

Still no... it requires more farming and online reading than i'm willing to do right now, i'm happy to just trying different setups with my overleveled character :)

Sekiro is my next "big" game, i'm waiting to pick up a cheap used copy and avoiding spoilers with little success

Next "small" game will be ZeroRanger, i don't think i will ever be able to finish it, but it looks and sounds beautiful. The sprite work is great

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 1:00 am 

I got the AssCreed Origins DLC at a massive discount the other day.

And I hate to be "that guy" but... Sekiro has ruined games for me. Playing Bayek feels like I'm always moving in molasses. I used to think the combat/gameplay was fine but now, so soon after Sekiro, I kinda hate it :lol:

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 6:05 am 

^
Comparisons between From and Ubisoft are bound to end in that way :lol:

MaleficDevilry
Anointer of the Sick

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 1:15 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
I got the AssCreed Origins DLC at a massive discount the other day.

And I hate to be "that guy" but... Sekiro has ruined games for me. Playing Bayek feels like I'm always moving in molasses. I used to think the combat/gameplay was fine but now, so soon after Sekiro, I kinda hate it :lol:

Once I Platinum Sekiro, I'm afraid my next few games will feel dull. I plan on starting Nioh or NieR: Automata. I could start DS1 or DS2, which I've never played either...

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 3:11 pm 

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night no longer looks like an Xbox Live Arcade title from 2009.

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 9:58 pm 

Some news on Bannerlord.

Spoiler: show
Greetings warriors of Calradia!

In this week’s blog, we want to take a small step back from the game to tell you about our plans for this summer’s Gamescom, something that we’ve been asked about many times in the past few weeks. Yes, we will be attending Gamescom in Cologne, Germany this August (no surprise there, eh!).

However, there is one key difference in our attendance this year. For the first time ever, we will be making the game available for people to play in the public area of the show. This means that anyone with a ticket will be able to visit our booth and experience Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord for themselves!

As you can imagine, this is quite a huge deal for both us and (hopefully) our community. We want to be fully prepared for this momentous occasion and ensure that players get to enjoy the game in all its glory. That’s why we’ll be showing one of Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord’s exciting multiplayer modes in our public booth.

For obvious reasons, play sessions in these events need to be time-limited in order to accommodate as many people as possible – and because of that, and because of the huge scope of the single-player mode, it would be impossible for visitors to experience even a glimpse of what the sandbox has to offer. However, multiplayer modes are more intense and concentrated, and allow you to experience first-hand the very core of the game: the combat system.

With that being said, we will still be taking along the singleplayer sandbox campaign which we will be showcasing in the business area of the show, so you can expect to see a wide range of screenshots and videos covering most aspects of the game around that time.

This is clearly a massive undertaking for us, so we are devoting most of our time and effort into ensuring that things go as smoothly as possible at Gamescom. Thankfully, all of the work being done on this front brings us ever closer to the release of the game, so it is time well spent! To prepare for this, we are currently running daily meetings. The purpose of these meetings is to discuss the key features of the game which will be showcased at the event and in the multiplayer beta while providing our team with a clear and efficient way to communicate with each other and provide live feedback on the current state of the game.

But, why are we announcing this to you so early? Well, we have received quite a few messages from community members asking us if they would get to play the game if they were to attend this year. We are well aware that it can be quite difficult to make arrangements to come to an event like this, both in terms of time and money, so we wanted to give you all a heads up well in advance so that you can make an informed decision about whether or not to attend.

We will talk a little more about what to expect from us at Gamescom in a future blog, as well as, discussing our plans for the upcoming beta. But for now, thanks for taking the time to read this short update!

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 4:58 am 

Well it's official. Sekiro has me playing to the point where I have to walk away before it costs me a controller and come try another day.

Up to Genichiro, and just getting rekt repeatedly is driving me insane.

My collection

MaleficDevilry
Anointer of the Sick

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 7:20 pm 

CrushedRevelation wrote:
Well it's official. Sekiro has me playing to the point where I have to walk away before it costs me a controller and come try another day.

He's the "break your Dark Souls muscle memory" boss. One of my favorite boss fights now.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 5:23 pm 

Just bought Sekiro and am about to start. How much of a controller throwing, red faced, ASS beating an I in for?
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 5:24 pm 

CrushedRevelation wrote:

Just read this after my post. Great. I can already feel the rage boiling up and I haven’t started.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

KrigareTjovane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 5:54 pm 

I'll never understand people who break shit because of a video game lol

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 6:26 pm 

OK, I’ve never literally broken a controller, but there is a rage that I get playing video games that I don’t get with anything else.

MaleficDevilry
Anointer of the Sick

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:14 pm 

I got my Platinum trophy for Sekiro. Jesus. I'll probably never play it again, but 10/10 would recommend.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 9:24 am 

MaleficDevilry wrote:
I got my Platinum trophy for Sekiro. Jesus. I'll probably never play it again, but 10/10 would recommend.

I’m extremely impressed. I’m absolutely terrible at this game. Out of sheer luck I finally beat the first spear mini boss I’ve seen after wondering if I should even be playing this game. I think I’m slowly “learning” that I’m not supposed to dodge, but keep relentlessly attacking and deflecting, but breaking that dodging habit isn’t even fathomable right now.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 1:12 pm 

CoconutBackwards wrote:
I think I’m slowly “learning” that I’m not supposed to dodge, but keep relentlessly attacking and deflecting, but breaking that dodging habit isn’t even fathomable right now.

This cannot be repeated enough.

Sekiro is not a Souls game and you should not play it like one.

You will get destroyed and experience frustration if you insist on playing it that way.

Relentlessly attacking and deflecting, with the occasional dodge or jump (or Mikiri counter of course) is how you should play.

I would also suggest re-binding the controls. I put item usage on Square (now that Souls muscle memory is hard to shake off), prosthetic-swap on D-pad up, and interact/examine on Triangle.

And remember... Hesitation is defeat.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 1:56 pm 

Sekiro actively encourages you to be a dishonorable shinobi piece of shit. If you find a way to make the fight much easier, whether it's with a few clean backstabs, something handy in your pocket, or something literally right up your sleeve, by all means go ahead. ;)

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 2:56 pm 

No Stamina bar + focus on parrying and timing and using every one of an encyclopedia of tools = Sekiro is secretly a Platinum game. ;3

(I still wish I had a PS4 to play it on...)

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:06 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:
No Stamina bar + focus on parrying and timing and using every one of an encyclopedia of tools = Sekiro is secretly a Platinum game. ;3

Nah not even close. It's not button mashy, it has beautiful art and good music and it's not full of cringey tropes, sexist stereotypes and stupid dialogue :3

---

Speaking of FromSoft, here's some hype-building for all of you who enjoy their games; an insider on ResetEra (reliable source) has been dropping juicy hints about their future projects:

- It's the most "exciting gigaton" yet, according to this insider (in Discord he called it a "magnum opus" by FromSoft and that we "are not prepared");
- It will be presented at E3 this year;
- Multiplat;
- There will be "tears of all types". This is interpreted to mean that there will be tears of joy, but also saltiness from some people (presumably those who are butthurt it won't be Bloodborne 2, lol... but, that's just how people interpreted the comment, no one knows for sure yet);
- Souls fans and "recently lapsed fans" (e.g. those who loved Souls but not Sekiro, those poor folks) should be happy;
- It's not Kuon.

A few of his posts
insider wrote:
So if you trust me, trust me when I say that if you've stuck with and been a fan of Fromsoft's overall output over the past decade I think you will find a lot here to be really pleased with.

But like I said, Im expecting tears of all varieties.

Quote:
There can be overwhelming happiness tears, excitement tears, tears of dissapointment, and salt tears.

And im sure there will be a decent helping of all to go around.

I can say I'm definitely in the former two categories myself and I think some reccently lapsed fans might find themselves in those categories too.

Quote:
This years E3 thread is gunna be a GOOD one

Thread here if anyone wants to check the posts.

Note: no new information about the GRRM rumour that had been circulating recently, but we do know that Ty Franck (author of The Expanse novels, and GRRM's longtime friend and assistant) was involved, in the past, with collaborating on an unknown FromSoft project. (think emoji)

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

KrigareTjovane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 5:07 pm 

You can bet your bottom dollar the From E3 announcement is going to be Game of Thrones related.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 12:21 am 

@Razakel You wanna come hang out? My girl is really not into hearing anymore about how amazing The Messenger is. Finally opened the "hub world" and what I assume is the second half of the game.

Never played anything with such genuinely funny writing. Becoming the Western Hero and trying to foist the scroll on The Soldier actually made me laugh out loud. Not to mention the following scenes with the Shopkeeper.

Haven't delved into the second half yet though, just sat down for a quick sesh to slap around the Demon King or whatever his name was.

Oh and uh...apropos of nothing: Celeste still has my head in the clouds (puns never ever intended). It's everything I loved about Super Meatboy minus all the frustration that made me quit. Perfect platforming with a reflective, calming, introspective vibe.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 12:56 am 

Awww yeah man! You've got some of the best moments of the game ahead of you! Keep it up!

Man, there are a bunch of indie games I still need to get around to. Celeste looks amazing, still haven't played Undertale, still haven't even fucking played Hollow Knight! And now Cuphead's on Switch... and Bloodstained has a release date. Ugh. By the way, you should play Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, Jonpo (and everyone else). It's like 2 hours long but it's a blast and has tons of replay value - 4 different characters, secret endings, etc. I'm hella damn stoked for Ritual of the Night. Looks like these delays have paid off. Fingers crossed, anyway.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 2:05 am 

KrigareTjovane wrote:
You can bet your bottom dollar the From E3 announcement is going to be Game of Thrones related.

I don't really believe the GRRM rumour, but if it's some sort of Dark Souls game set in the Doom of Valyria or the Long Night or the Shadowlands I would seriously lose my shit. :lol:

It's like... my two favourite things combined :love:

It won't be that

It'll be Dark Souls 4

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 2:28 am 

I know that Miyazaki has said that ASoIaF has been a big influence on his games, but I have a hard time wrapping my head around From actually setting one of their games in that universe, even though, yeah, the mere thought makes my eyes sparkle and my mouth drool.

Unfortunately it's easier for me to imagine some bigger developer like EA/nowadays Bioware making some haphazard big online open world game set in the Seven Kingdoms that would be massively popular even though all you hear about it is how shitty it is.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 5:49 am 

Morrigan wrote:
It'll be Dark Souls 4

Please don't tease me. I will be in some head spinning delirium of awesomness if this is true :o :hyper: :nods:

My collection

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:21 am 

Morrigan wrote:
CoconutBackwards wrote:
I think I’m slowly “learning” that I’m not supposed to dodge, but keep relentlessly attacking and deflecting, but breaking that dodging habit isn’t even fathomable right now.

This cannot be repeated enough.

Sekiro is not a Souls game and you should not play it like one.

You will get destroyed and experience frustration if you insist on playing it that way.

Relentlessly attacking and deflecting, with the occasional dodge or jump (or Mikiri counter of course) is how you should play.

I would also suggest re-binding the controls. I put item usage on Square (now that Souls muscle memory is hard to shake off), prosthetic-swap on D-pad up, and interact/examine on Triangle.

And remember... Hesitation is defeat.

After reading this I fought him for the tenth time and finally beat him. I had to literally keep telling myself mentally to attack relentlessly. The satisfaction of finally beating a boss is there like the rest of the Dark Souls games.

Have you already beaten the game?

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:26 am 

Jonpo wrote:
I swear to GOD I'm going to make some kind of progress on Sekiro tonight. I haven't really had much isolated time with the game. I've been beating my head against Juzou for days, but only 1 or 2 attempts before giving up. I may refocus on the main missions and double back. Mostly I just need to retrain myself not to FUCKING dodge so much! Gotta block, gotta deflect.

I ran into Juzou before finding the chained ogre and I had to leave him before a blood vessel on my forehead burst.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 12:34 pm 

CoconutBackwards wrote:
Jonpo wrote:
I swear to GOD I'm going to make some kind of progress on Sekiro tonight. I haven't really had much isolated time with the game. I've been beating my head against Juzou for days, but only 1 or 2 attempts before giving up. I may refocus on the main missions and double back. Mostly I just need to retrain myself not to FUCKING dodge so much! Gotta block, gotta deflect.

I ran into Juzou before finding the chained ogre and I had to leave him before a blood vessel on my forehead burst.

I took the same path! The Chained Ogre was actually super easy by comparison. Juzou is super duper easy if you allow him to be. I was banging my head against a wall instead of playing things like a ninja. I can't emphasize enough how important stealth is in this game.

With that said I'm currently "stuck" on Lady Butterfly, the fucking Lone Shadow Long Swordsman, and Seven Spears Ashina. YES, I'm fully aware all of them are optional and YES I'm aware that I'm basically still at the beginning of the game despite owning it since the release day. I love the game to death but after work I often would prefer something "casual" like Brawlhalla, Celeste, The Messenger, Westerado, Retro City Rampage, Pixel Shinobi: Nine demons of Mamoru....and on and on.

Lady Butterfly's first phase is so easy. But I always end up getting picked apart by her second phase. Those fucking white projectiles. If I put some real time into beating her I know I can. And with Seven Spears he's literally just Mikiri training so I'm going to practice the fuck out of that, hopefully some point this weekend. Sekiro, in general, has started to reveal it's mysteries to me. All the different open paths from Ashina Castle are super fun. And I'm finally aware that deflecting is all that matters in life. Playing Toro! Toro! with the Blazing Bull was THE MOST FUN.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 9:48 am 

Jonpo wrote:
And I'm finally aware that deflecting is all that matters in life. Playing Toro! Toro! with the Blazing Bull was THE MOST FUN.

Except when against the Guardian Ape, who is a giant cunt.

My collection

MaleficDevilry
Anointer of the Sick

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:02 pm 

I've tried a handful of games since Sekiro, and what has held my attention is HOLLOW KNIGHT. The rest, I've been completely underwhelmed with.

Berserk and the Band of the Hawk
Lords of the Fallen
NieR: Automata
Nioh

Big MEH for all of these.

I bought Salt & Sanctuary and The Messenger. I'm excited to try those.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:24 pm 

Berserk and the Band of the Hawk was super fun for the first few hours but then you realize pretty quick just how shallow it is. On one hand it's cool to have a really gory musou game for a change, and all the big horrifying monsters you need to fight are just super rad. On the other hand as an actual game it hamstrings itself by following the manga so closely. As a result you get a compelling story but you're forced to play as Guts and nobody else for like 95% of the stages and it gets old fast. I was about, I dunno, 30 stages in when I finally gave up and there were a whopping four or five where I had the opportunity to play as Griffith, Casca, or Judeau, and they were usually the shortest stages at that. Then it's just fuckin' 20 in a row with the same moveset and I just lost interest. I didn't even get far enough for Serpico and Schierke to be introduced.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:54 pm 

MaleficDevilry wrote:
I've tried a handful of games since Sekiro, and what has held my attention is HOLLOW KNIGHT. The rest, I've been completely underwhelmed with.

Berserk and the Band of the Hawk
Lords of the Fallen
NieR: Automata
Nioh

Big MEH for all of these.

I bought Salt & Sanctuary and The Messenger. I'm excited to try those.

I spent a lot of hours on S&S although I never beat it. The art style and character customization kept me in it. The platforming elements are basically dogshit compared to HK, which I would put in the same "perfection" category as something like Hyper Light Drifter or Specter Knight.

The Messenger is just plain fun, full stop.

@Razakel Bloodstained mini has been on my to-play list basically since it was released. I never got to play Symphony of the Night so I'm not exactly the target audience but everything about it speaks to me. I just kept hearing it was an ULTRA short play through so I've been hoping for a nice little discounted copy.

In other Castlevania-worship news I've been messing around with Odallus The Dark Call. The aesthetics and general vibe are the main draw. It pairs nicely with a curated heavy metal soundtrack. I like playing it to Smoulder or Liege Lord's debut. The combat is pretty shallow, total love letter to the NES days. Hollow Knight really spoiled me in this regard, forever. Why can't I swing my sword in all directions?

Edit: Odallus and the second Angus album is a match made in heaven.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:34 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
Berserk and the Band of the Hawk was super fun for the first few hours but then you realize pretty quick just how shallow it is. On one hand it's cool to have a really gory musou game for a change, and all the big horrifying monsters you need to fight are just super rad. On the other hand as an actual game it hamstrings itself by following the manga so closely. As a result you get a compelling story but you're forced to play as Guts and nobody else for like 95% of the stages and it gets old fast. I was about, I dunno, 30 stages in when I finally gave up and there were a whopping four or five where I had the opportunity to play as Griffith, Casca, or Judeau, and they were usually the shortest stages at that. Then it's just fuckin' 20 in a row with the same moveset and I just lost interest. I didn't even get far enough for Serpico and Schierke to be introduced.

Sounds lame. I want to break the canon and just play Judeau and Caska and Schierke forever and ever.

at the gaytes
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:34 pm 

Jonpo wrote:
Odallus The Dark Call.

Great game, but one boss on the underwater levels made me ragequit and never finish it (the one that pops out of the walls and throw spikes and fireballs at you)

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:38 pm 

I need a new FPS to sink my teeth into.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 11:13 pm 

Finally unlocked all the B-Sides and Crystal Hearts in Celeste. Started the core and it's kicking my ass. It's crazy how simple yet insanely satisfying this game is. I think it's leagues ahead of something like Super Meat Boy (which I still dig quite a bit, mind you).

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:52 am 

Razakel wrote:
I know that Miyazaki has said that ASoIaF has been a big influence on his games

I never heard of this. Source?

CoconutBackwards wrote:
After reading this I fought him for the tenth time and finally beat him. I had to literally keep telling myself mentally to attack relentlessly. The satisfaction of finally beating a boss is there like the rest of the Dark Souls games.

Good job!

Quote:
Have you already beaten the game?

Yeah of course. 4 times haha. Got all the endings and everything.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:44 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
Razakel wrote:
I know that Miyazaki has said that ASoIaF has been a big influence on his games

I never heard of this. Source?

It was from an interview around when Dark Souls 3 came out: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/hidetaka ... w.1289549/

Quote:
You tell me you're a bookworm. What kind of books would I find on your shelf if I were to look right now?

First, you'd spot the manga shelf, with Devilman and Berserk lining the top. The neighboring bookshelf is packed with tabletop role-playing game rulebooks, with RuneQuest prominently displayed, alongside the board game Dragon Pass. A shelf is packed with novels – old classics of fantasy and science fiction, alongside George R. R. Martin's A Song of Fire and Ice and Fevre Dream. A small library of game books shares the same shelf. At the top is Sorcery! and accompanying guides Titan and Out of the Pit. Finally, you'd find various art and reference books, including work by Umberto Eco and McNeill, and Colin Wilson's The Occult.

So it wasn't exactly as I remembered. I thought he specifically said Martin's worldbuilding was an influence, but he merely said he was a fan of the books. Also, Fevre Dream is totally fucking awesome. Definitely my favorite vampire novel.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 869, 870, 871, 872, 873, 874, 875 ... 940  Next