Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
OFFICIAL_AWOKENINLIMBO
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 5:50 pm 

Hi, I am one of THOSE people who submit bands knowing they will get blacklisted so that no one in the future makes an attempt to pass them as such. Am I at risk of being banned?

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:07 pm 

Jesus fucking christ. Stop. Immediately.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

OFFICIAL_AWOKENINLIMBO
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:16 pm 

I rarely do it now :/, I was simply curious, about HALF of the bands that I have submitted have usually been rejected for releases not being of optimal quality or length, but the genre is acceptable, chill.

Zodijackyl
Definitely Proportionate

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:25 pm 

Strive to be a better contributor, rather than worse. It would be great if your submissions could more consistently be acceptable, so please try to improve that, since you seem to understand why some are rejected.

OFFICIAL_AWOKENINLIMBO
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:33 pm 

I know Zod, I actually having around like 7 (who knows) bands submitted that I am 100% sure are musically acceptable.

OFFICIAL_AWOKENINLIMBO
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:38 pm 

I usually just try to submit bands that I know will get rejected (example: Wings Of Existence) so that the mods are made aware of them.

Zodijackyl
Definitely Proportionate

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:42 pm 

Could you please think a bit more before you post or submit bands? We don't need to be aware of bands that aren't acceptable. You're wasting our time, and we will ban people who habitually waste our time.

Could you PM me a list of your current pending submissions which you don't think are acceptable, so we can reject them and not waste time on them? If there's any you're uncertain of, I can provide some feedback.

Bottom line, yes, you're at risk of being banned since you don't seem to understand that the point of submitting bands to have them accepted and build the database.

OFFICIAL_AWOKENINLIMBO
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:44 pm 

You could have just said that in the first place, thank you for your answer. I will DM you bands I have submitted in the queue that may not be acceptable due to quality, and I will no longer waste your time.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:51 pm 

This is not acceptable behaviour whatsoever, and you are lucky other mods stepped in before I did or I would have permanently banned you for trolling. Because let's face it, submitting content you actually know isn't acceptable is pretty much the definition of trolling. If not deliberately malicious, then I would call it pure stupidity.

Don't waste the moderators' time with your bullshit. Moderating the band queue is not just time-consuming, it's often grueling. Staff has to evaluate bands one by one, often by sampling music that is, let's face it, often really bad. And they're all volunteers doing that to make sure of the site's quality.

Making us "aware" of non-metal bands? Like, why, what the fuck? :durr:

Your points have been docked. The moment we detect a whiff of non-metal in your future submissions, you're out. Let this be your final warning.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.