Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 10:48 am 

https://nuclearwarnowproductions.bandca ... estruction

Apparently this is out today, though the bandcamp hasn't been updated yet. First song on here sounds cool though basically like anything they've ever done. Eager to hear more though. Love their uncompromising, heavy and yet smart metal music. Just kick ass riffs all the way.

Tiam Kara
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 1:27 pm 

Ooh, didn’t this band break up like ten years ago? I recognize this name and will check out the release.

E: I think I’m confusing them with Bolt Thrower, my bad.

They're coming closer just to kill us
Don't cry, don't cry on me now
No, they ain't ever gonna help us
Close to his grave we'll build our home.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 1:46 pm 

Keller/Miller are really good at crafting this sort of epic and empowering yet still blasphemous death/thrash. Kinda wish they kept using standard tuning though.

doomicus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 7:37 pm 

Pretty psyched to hear that this one is going to have more in common with Vulpecula, which is a criminally overlooked and unknown project. Love the production of the already released track. This just might end up being my favorite Ares Kingdom release yet.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:02 am 

looking forward to it, hope they will tour europe again soon.

MaleficDevilry
Anointer of the Sick

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 2:42 pm 

This will be good. Pretty flawless discography between Ares Kingdom, Order From Chaos and Vulpecula.

doomicus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:14 pm 

CD version hit the NWN shop today. Digital version can be purchased and previewed at Ares Kingdom's bandcamp page.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:47 am 

On first listen, it's cool but seems to be the first album where they didn't change much from the previous one. The first track is the most different one with cleaner vocals and a more punky, urgent sort of sound - everything else is just more super-solid Ares Kingdom stuff. They're good writers though. Maybe it'll reveal more as I listen again.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:28 am 

Their most primitive sounding record yet, but probably the most savage! The vocals are BEASTLY, and of course the guitars sound absolutely crushing. I can't wait to see some of these songs performed live when I see them at Metal Threat in July. Another winner from Ares Kingdom!

orphy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:17 pm 

Just ordered it! Gave it a stream last night and this morning, exactly what I want to hear out of Ares Kingdom.

MacMoney
Man of the Cloth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:05 am 

I got the album early last week and have been listening to it fairly non-stop since then and I have to say that I am liking it very much. While I really enjoyed the Order From Chaos albums and I definitely appreciated what Keller & al. were doing with the first two full-lengths, I always felt that they were a bit too thrashy and not that honed out (Return to Dust and Incendiary). I am much more fond of death than thrash though so the more profound death metal and Order From Chaos (as well as Vulpecula) influence on this latest is very welcome.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:33 am 

my least fave ares kingdom actually was the last one because it had more thrash and a bit less trad metal compared with the 2 before it. I am not sure about the new one yet but for some reason i need quite a bit of time with ares kingdom records before i truly know what i feel about em.

Steve Nebraska
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:17 am 

I just don’t see the fascination with these guys. What are they doing so great that’s everyone thinks they are the big second coming? Don’t get me wrong they are an ok band but what am I missing here that’s just leaves you with a cliffhanger each time? I remember someone once said on nwn that of you don’t like ares kingdom, you don’t deserve to listen to music. I just found that be way too bold of a statement.

So I check out some of the new album and wow the production is so hollow. The drums you can barely hear at all. I hope it gets remaster one day.

MacMoney
Man of the Cloth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:48 am 

Steve Nebraska wrote:
I just don’t see the fascination with these guys. What are they doing so great that’s everyone thinks they are the big second coming? Don’t get me wrong they are an ok band but what am I missing here that’s just leaves you with a cliffhanger each time? I remember someone once said on nwn that of you don’t like ares kingdom, you don’t deserve to listen to music. I just found that be way too bold of a statement.

So I check out some of the new album and wow the production is so hollow. The drums you can barely hear at all. I hope it gets remaster one day.

I think the fact that this thread has a response number barely above single digits and that it falls really fast out of front page, tells you that not everyone thinks that it's the second coming of Jesus... Or another messianic entity of your choosing. Or that they are really popular at all. And naturally, a statement such as that is totally out of proportion. People like what they will.

It's more the fact that bands that combine styles out of traditional, thrash and death as well as black metal tend to have a wide touching board for people to latch on to. Deströyer 666 is another example of this, managing to capture the catchiness of the former two and combine it with the more extreme stylings of the latter two. Why it doesn't have a draw for you? Without knowing you better, I cannot say. Personally, like I stated before, the first two full-lengths had rather abrasive productions, being too sharp and loud, but judging by your reaction to the sound on the new album, it might be better suited for you. The songwriting also felt slightly unhoned at times, different parts of songs not always flowing as well into each other, as with the latest.

The latest album having hollow production or not being able to hear the drums at all, I'm not sure what to tell you. Personally, I find it absolutely enjoyable, somewhat muffled, sure, but reminiscent of Order From Chaos, the guitars being crushing, not too loud and all drums having a good sound and mixed well together.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:19 am 

Yeah I dunno about 'second coming of Jesus,' but they're an enjoyable band and have been dependable quality on all their albums so far. The riffs and songs have a clear identity and a cool underground feel to all of it - they're just a good fucking band is all, nobody is trying to say they're the be all, end all.

Reply to topic