Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 318854
Rare Earth Metal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:36 pm 

I suggest a re-valuation and whitelisted based on their new EP 2019, sounds like more progressive metal than core and better than the previous stuff :

https://jinjer-jinjer.bandcamp.com/album/micro

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:08 pm 

Ehhh... still sounds pretty djenty and chuggy. Not yet consistently based in metal riffs as the website defines them.

~Guest 318854
Rare Earth Metal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:44 pm 

No problem, it would be for another occasion. Thanks bro <3 !

CrimsonKnight
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:16 am 

Hello,

I have been recently made aware of this band through some "best metal albums 2019" lists. I never payed them any attention in the past and I didn't have any preconceived notions about their genre. I just listened to and got to enjoy their latest release Macro (after Micro, very creative right?).

I came looking for info on them and was surprised to find there wasn't an entry for them. I was compelled enough to submit them but before doing that, I read (mostly) the submission rules and found this thread. I believe their sound is evolving quite a lot and they have produced a very Metal album. As a musician myself Im sure they deserve to be acknowledged in this prestigious compendium.

https://jinjer-jinjer.bandcamp.com/album/macro

~Guest 372617
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:52 pm 

New album, Macro, on YouTube (Bandcamp doesn't contain the full album) for mod reconsideration. I'm def not a mod, but to me it sounds quite riffy compared to bands with riffless one-note Djent chugging. So hopefully it can be worth thorough reconsideration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLHNIM- ... Hg&index=1

~Guest 318854
Rare Earth Metal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:56 pm 

Hi guys, the full album is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm31PTRZqU8

Postdata: I had to put another link, because every time I click on the link of Person, I get this:

https://i.paste.pics/7SNQY.png

Postdata 2: And the Bandcamp link has incomplete streaming.

~Guest 318854
Rare Earth Metal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:05 am 

ThStealthP wrote:
Hi guys, the full album is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm31PTRZqU8

Postdata: I had to put another link, because every time I click on the link of Person, I get this:

https://i.paste.pics/7SNQY.png

Postdata 2: And the Bandcamp link has incomplete streaming.

Bumping this.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:46 am 

Sounds too djenty, I think.

MitchVortex
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:13 pm 

I know they're metalcore, but some of their heavy parts are so damn heavy it's pretty much unbelievable they're not listed here.

Jinjer is a hybrid, but pretty damn metal if you ask me

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:34 pm 

Being heavy doesn't equal being metal.
If there's not enough riffs due to the djenting around, then there's not enough riffs.

CrimsonKnight
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:25 am 

MitchVortex wrote:
I know they're metalcore, but some of their heavy parts are so damn heavy it's pretty much unbelievable they're not listed here.

Jinjer is a hybrid, but pretty damn metal if you ask me

You got that right. Metal doesn’t have to be a set thing. We’re supposed to be an ever evolving genre. I really don’t want to think we’ll be blind to a music style that’s equally (if not more) brutal, technically awesome, with deep lyrics just because it “seems” djenty.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:38 am 

Well, our database "identifies" metal based on metal riffing, because we think this is the most consistent criteria for what metal is. It sure isn't 100% perfect and people might (and will) disagree with us on that (there even is some disagreement between mods), but it worked very well for us over the past almost 2 decades and we think it still works.

There sure will be some borderline bands, crossover styles and bands with a huge catalogue of influences left behind, but that's a price we're willing to pay to keep the site centered around metal bands and not "bands loosely influenced by metal".

Hence we won't add this band until they release an album that meets our rules.

CrimsonKnight
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:46 am 

PaganiusI wrote:
Well, our database "identifies" metal based on metal riffing, because we think this is the most consistent criteria for what metal is. It sure isn't 100% perfect and people might (and will) disagree with us on that (there even is some disagreement between mods), but it worked very well for us over the past almost 2 decades and we think it still works.

There sure will be some borderline bands, crossover styles and bands with a huge catalogue of influences left behind, but that's a price we're willing to pay to keep the site centered around metal bands and not "bands loosely influenced by metal".

Hence we won't add this band until they release an album that meets our rules.

Thank you for your response! I can get behind that criteria, don’t get me wrong.
Still, I am a metal guitarist (listed on this same database) and am utterly impressed by Jinjer's guitar composition, specially on their latest album. Not to mention their complex percussion structures, bass and (impressive) vocals.

I’m eagerly awaiting their upcoming fourth album, which they claim to be even more brutal and I know that, regardless of they being included here or not, they’re a force to be reckoned with.

MitchVortex
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:19 am 

Hey man it's all good. I'm not one of these people who is going to bitch about how people want to run their own site!

thank you for the explanation

MitchVortex
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:26 am 

Quote:
Still, I am a metal guitarist (listed on this same database) and am utterly impressed by Jinjer's guitar composition, specially on their latest album. Not to mention their complex percussion structures, bass and (impressive) vocals.

I’m eagerly awaiting their upcoming fourth album, which they claim to be even more brutal and I know that, regardless of they being included here or not, they’re a force to be reckoned with.

I too am a hard rock/metal guitarist for over 35 years, and I am so very impressed by this band. rhythmically they are insane. the guitarist is an absolute machine and then the vocals on top are excellent. I'm very excited to see where they go musically in the future. I'm also intrigued by the lyrical content. knowing their background from Ukraine they've seen a lot of bad shit in their lives, and the some of the lyrics really reflect a disillusionment from existence itself. very trippy sometimes.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:20 pm 

Please use the "Metal Discussion" forum to chat about bands. This forum is only for direct questions regarding a rejection/blacklisting.

Voice_Of_Steel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:40 pm 

Hi again,

This band just dropped a new album and I thought it might have potential. It didn't sound quite as djenty as their other stuff to me, but I don't normally listen to this kind of stuff so I could be wrong.

https://open.spotify.com/album/0nIIP6ix ... l_branch=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L22uGfo_NA4

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:57 pm 

Still more on the core side of things.

Reply to topic