Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:52 pm 

Yessss, yessssss!!!

It's so great in that way. The instant reloads and lack of any real penalty leaves you without that frustrated feeling when you die over and over. It's all just experimentation. I think I'm near the end-game but there's a TON of secrets I haven't found yet. My favorite thing is that I can pick the game up and just play for 10-15 minutes and still get that thrill of victory if I clear a few new screens.

You get a couple "upgrades" as you go that makes it even more fun. They're very obvious/simple but it adds a lot.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:44 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:
Cuphead is one of those games where you just suck, suck, suck...until that magical moment of epiphany where it all comes together in your brain, and you proceed to disassemble the boss like it was your calling from birth.

Nope. This was Sekiro for me, but not this. Almost every win I've had was some close call.

But I mean, I still haven't beaten the boxing duo, the flower, or the treetop run-and-gun. Yeah...

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:09 am 

Anyone else gonna download Bloodlines tonight to play tomorrow?
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:16 am 

Played Bloodstained for a couple hours last night. It was worth the wait :love:

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:22 pm 

It looks so cool, but I'm unemployed right now. I've got a decent chunk of money saved up for just such an occasion, but that's for bill-paying and I need to watch my leisure expenses.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:11 pm 

I'm also priced out of Bloodstained for the moment. Had to drop a few hundred unexpectedly on new tires today.

I've never played a Castlevania game. Seems like the collection with SoTN would be a better starting place. Bloodstained is definitely a sale-purchase for me.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:18 pm 

So apparently I got carried away and just beat Celeste :lol: Wow, such a good game. I can totally understand all the perfect review scores I've seen all over the place. I didn't get a whole lot of strawberries and didn't get any crystal hearts, so there's still plenty to do.

A friend came over last night and I played a bit of Cuphead on his Switch. It does seem really hard, but I can see how it's doable. I beat the first couple levels and the first boss (after a shit ton of tries).

Jonpo wrote:
I've never played a Castlevania game. Seems like the collection with SoTN would be a better starting place. Bloodstained is definitely a sale-purchase for me.

Whaaaaat? Man, you've got a lot to go through. But yeah, I'm definitely more into the series from SotN onwards, though Castlevania 3 and Super Castlevania 4 are also classics. The GBA and DS games are great, especially Order of Ecclesia.

Great to hear that Bloodstained is awesome! I've bought it already but it doesn't come out for Switch till the 25th. Can't wait.

MaleficDevilry
Anointer of the Sick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:17 pm 

Razakel wrote:
Jonpo wrote:

Whaaaaat? Man, you've got a lot to go through. But yeah, I'm definitely more into the series from SotN onwards, though Castlevania 3 and Super Castlevania 4 are also classics. The GBA and DS games are great, especially Order of Ecclesia.

Great to hear that Bloodstained is awesome! I've bought it already but it doesn't come out for Switch till the 25th. Can't wait.

A friend who loves the series said the version of SotN on PS4 is garbage. So I didn't get it.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:33 pm 

I heard some negative things but most of it was related to dialogue translations being cleaned up and maybe soundtrack changes? Essentially I think it's a lot of stuff that won't bother me since I haven't played the original.

That collection needs to go on sale too! Real talk: I'm 100% sure I'll enjoy Curse of the Moon more than any of them.

MaleficDevilry
Anointer of the Sick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:10 pm 

Ahh. I might grab it then. I'm currently juggling Dark Souls Remastered and Sundered. Sundered is not really holding my attention.

I'll probably try Celeste or Jotun next. I'm not ready to go back to Hollow Knight and the Pantheons...yet. :lol:

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:30 pm 

Symphony of the Night is probably the best metroidvania game ever, one of the best platformers ever!
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:16 am 

My dumbass meant “Bloodstained” earlier. I played for a couple hours earlier and have enjoyed it so far. It feels like a lot of other Metroidvania games which it obviously is, but I’m curious what new things they’ll try out if any. I like the leveling system so far and I especially like the shard leveling system and how they get stronger with each you acquire through killing enemies.

Btw I just wanted to tell whoever bothers to read this (I have more in common with video games with this group than anywhere else on the planet), I gave up on Sekiro. I am terrible at the game. I feel like I was able to make headway in Dark Souls and Nioh, because the character levels up. So, even if I never got real good at the mechanics, I was able to army my big, stupid head through the games. I just don’t see it happening with Sekiro and my desire to fight every boss 30+ times is just not there. /end rant.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:50 am 

^
While i didn't ever tought of giving up, it took me a while to "get" the game. Every boss was a daunting task: i needed several consumables and i used a lot of hit and run tactics (wich was long, risky and reallly frustrating)

It was only after discovering the power of the held l1 that my enjoyment grew drastically :)

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:08 am 

Morn Of Solace wrote:
^
While i didn't ever tought of giving up, it took me a while to "get" the game. Every boss was a daunting task: i needed several consumables and i used a lot of hit and run tactics (wich was long, risky and reallly frustrating)

It was only after discovering the power of the held l1 that my enjoyment grew drastically :)

The secret sauce was inside you all along!

Right there! In your testicles!

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:21 am 

No shame in giving up on Sekiro, but I hope it's only temporary. I got frustrated with the game REALLY early on, took some time off, and when I came back everything just seemed to click. The entire game is just learning how to deflect. Once you get your perfect deflect timing down you look FORWARD to boss fights. You get to straight embarrass those fools! Let someone come at me with a thrust attack! Getting your damn blade stomped on so quick...all the extra gadgets, items, prosthetics, that stuff is fun to play around with and befuddle certain enemies but you don't need ANY of it for the bosses. And if you're applying hit and run tactics you might eventually win, but you haven't grasped yet that the posture bar is infinitely more important than their Vitality bar.

I still haven't beat the final boss but I'm getting to his 2nd phase pretty consistently. From what I've seen of the 3rd phase it's a joke thanks to Lightning Reversal. I'm starting to feel it, the end approaching. Truthfully I can't wait to start over again. But it turns out Ashina Castle is FLOODED with mini-bosses I haven't killed yet so I might double-back and get a few more prayer beads just for funsies.

@Razakel: You are a platforming animal! Can't believe you cruised through Celeste so fast. I know I'm extraordinarily slow but daaaamn. You gotta get the strawberries though! Bragging rights! I think I have like...63 of them? I'm sure I've missed so many. And I only have ONE B-side tape. Oh also there's a "secret room" with a computer that unlocks a mini-game version of Celeste. Basically like Atari graphics but with the same pixel-precise controls. It's stupid fun.

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:46 am 

Symphony of the Night is an all-time classic.
Spoiler: show
Especially when you access the inverted castle after thinking you had beat the game, only to realize you were only HALFWAY through HOLY FUCK.

Obligatory Last FM Link

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:53 pm 

GuntherTheUndying wrote:
Especially when you access the inverted castle after thinking you had beat the game, only to realize you were only HALFWAY through HOLY FUCK.

Halfway through in a distance measurement, maybe, but about 3/4 of the way through in terms of total time spent. Second time around, you don't need to faff about looking for all the necessary items and powers to progress. :V

GuntherTheUndying

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:02 pm 

Oh you know what I mean!

Obligatory Last FM Link

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:53 am 

So Demon of Hatred...fuck? It's definitely like a Bloodborne boss dropped into the Sekiro world. If I understand the storyline I kind of don't even WANT to kill him. Which is good because I can't, lol.

The size of him really fucks with me. Like I can deflect bullets and reverse lightning but a mountainous fist of fire coming at me? Fuck all the way off!

..I still wanna though.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:47 pm 

If you understand the storyline you should want to kill him ^^

He's a bit more Souls-y than most bosses in the game, but not quite, IMO. I used deflection more than dodging still, and the fire-upgraded (max upgrade) umbrella is a godsend.

The Malcontent whistle also stuns him for several seconds. And divine confetti helps whittle down his health bar faster.

Don't give up, skeleton!

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

GuntherTheUndying

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:41 pm 

He's ultra-hard the first five times you fight him, but once you get over the hump he can be beaten easily. I beat him three straight times after dropping maybe five or six in a row. As Morri said, Malcontent and other gadget tomfoolery helps.

Obligatory Last FM Link

at the gaytes
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:58 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:
GuntherTheUndying wrote:

Halfway through in a distance measurement, maybe, but about 3/4 of the way through in terms of total time spent. Second time around, you don't need to faff about looking for all the necessary items and powers to progress. :V

I think Galamoth and Belzebub combined took 1/6 of the time of my first playthrough

GuntherTheUndying

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:32 pm 

I literally save all the crazy items to use on Galamoth.

Obligatory Last FM Link

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:01 pm 

I didn't have Malcontent, but I do now so that may help. Mostly I just felt lost on the timing of deflects. Just ran around swiping at his legs until I died. I'm sure with enough attempts I can do it. I'm stalling the ending and I have no shame. Dashing about and slaughtering mini bosses is fun.

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:28 am 

I was talking about Mortal Kombat characters to one of my friends, and noted how much I liked character designs in MK11. For comparison, I looked up designs of Kitana from older games to MK11 and goddamn has there been a lot of improvement. MK11 Kitana is by far the best design she's ever had, and the growth in her overall style just since MK9 is incredible. Hard to believe so much could have changed in just two games. Then again, it has been 8 years. Still, replacing fantasy stripper Kitana with human adult female Kitana is still crazy impressive.

I'm still peeved hearing about the working conditions at Netherrealm, but at least they still managed to create something great. This is probably my favorite MK game since MKII, which may say a lot because I loved 9 and X. Yes, even with all the in-game currency woes (which I've largely started conquering with crafty game play). The customizable characters are giving my son and I an unending wealth of content to tinker with. I just wish some things unlocked a bit faster.

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:56 pm 

I'm currently obsessed with Division 2. You know you're addicted to a game when you just never get tired of it despite realizing how repetitive it is.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:40 pm 

Resident_Hazard wrote:
I was talking about Mortal Kombat characters to one of my friends, and noted how much I liked character designs in MK11. For comparison, I looked up designs of Kitana from older games to MK11 and goddamn has there been a lot of improvement. MK11 Kitana is by far the best design she's ever had, and the growth in her overall style just since MK9 is incredible. Hard to believe so much could have changed in just two games. Then again, it has been 8 years. Still, replacing fantasy stripper Kitana with human adult female Kitana is still crazy impressive.

I'm still peeved hearing about the working conditions at Netherrealm, but at least they still managed to create something great. This is probably my favorite MK game since MKII, which may say a lot because I loved 9 and X. Yes, even with all the in-game currency woes (which I've largely started conquering with crafty game play). The customizable characters are giving my son and I an unending wealth of content to tinker with. I just wish some things unlocked a bit faster.

That's great to hear. I'll definitely get it eventually as I loved the last two, just got a couple other games to get to before then. It's awesome that MK9 rebooted the series in the best way. I felt like MK sort of sucked for like 6 or 7 years before then, or became something of a parody of itself. Then MK9 came along and suddenly we had a real top-tier fighting game that was just the right amount of goofy, and that I became obsessed with for a short period of time, and MKX was a great follow-up. Stoked to hear 11 seems to follow that trend.

Can people who are playing Bloodstained give me updates on their impressions? I'm giddy to start playing it on the 25th.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:09 pm 

HOT TAKE: Mortal Kombat peaked with Deception. That PS2 era is wildly underrated and I deeply, deeply miss the Konquest mode. Without a doubt MK:D had the best extra content, and Konquest mode was the pinnacle of the series as far as I'm concerned, and it's the closest I'm ever going to get of my dream of an epic RPG with a combat system that's just a fighting game. I also miss how creative they were and unafraid to try weird new things during this era, with minigames as bizarre as Puzzle Kombat, Kart Kombat, and Chess Kombat. I loved that shit, there were so many fun ways to keep playing beyond the simple story and survival modes that is the only damn thing the series offers nowadays. I also loved the more open environments with deathtraps and weapons scattered around, and the different fighting styles gave the characters a lot of, well, character and made it seem like they were all real fighters, and man very little was more satisfying than stringing together 15 hit combos across three stances. Even from a story standpoint it was more interesting since Onaga was finally a big bad that wasn't Shang Tsung or Shao Kahn, and the Konquest mode with Shujinko gave us a great story that made us stick with a character for like 45 in-game years only to pull the rug out from under us and show that everything bad that ever happened in the world was thanks to him being a naive dork.

MK9 was good in some ways, it was neat to just totally reboot the story but it was done in a really fucking stupid way from a narrative standpoint, and the reboot aspect seemed like a really lazy way to avoid coming up with any new characters (double gut punch because the only character that survived from the PS2 era that I love so much was Kenshi (though in fairness he was the coolest one besides Havik)). I liked how story mode was essentially just a two hour movie broken up with fight sequences but the Shao Kahn fights were abominable because you just had to play the game the exact opposite way you would ever play a Mortal Kombat game, abandoning all of the strategies and movesets you've spent the game mastering to just revert to playing keepaway and taking little chip shots when you can.

Ever since then the games have been super formulaic and seemingly pumped out on an assembly line, and this includes the Injustice series. Story mode is a long cutscene with fights every once in a while, every single breaker move and fatality is some ridiculously cinematic showcase that happens in beats of three every single time, dumb and annoying pre-fight banter that also always happens in beats of three for some reason, half of the new characters in MKX were just the children of the original cast plus Master Blaster from Mad Max, fun side modes are all completely gone to make sure we can maximize frustration in the challenge towers to entice you into buying the in-game currency since we've also nerfed the fuck out of how much you earn in comparison to the prices of Krypt unlockables, etc. It's just the same thing every time and I'm really tired of it. I'm sure I'll play MK11 at some point just because I'm a big fan of the series and I've played them all countless times, but the PS2 era was massively underrated and I blame that mostly on people who saw fully 3D stages and stance switching and nope'd out because change is scary.

Best things I can see from the outside on MK11 are that the redesigns of most of the characters are a thousand times better than the last two games where every woman was an impossibly jiggly J-cup nightmare and the fact that Jade is back (<3). Otherwise ehhhhhh I'm gonna wait for the inevitable "Komplete" edition to bother with it.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:16 pm 

They didn't skip out because "change is scary," they bailed because the 3D combat was subpar when there were some of the best Tekken and Virtua Fighter releases around the same time. Fighters were cooling off in general, too, with FPS games pushing ahead on the consoles. Mortal Kombat, like Street Fighter and the various SNK entries, just works better on a 2D plane.

I think that's actually more of a warm take than hot, too. I've heard a lot of praise for Deception and the 3D era in general, so it seems more of a Roth/Hagar deal to me.

darkeningday wrote:
I haven't saw any of the Seen movies.

GuntherTheUndying

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:57 pm 

MK11 is great. It's probably on par, maybe a little better than MK9. The redesigns, as Bastardhead mentioned, are fantastic. Not sure why there was ever a fuss to begin with about redesigning the characters from freakshows to normal people. I'm hoping they add more MK characters as additional content instead of guest characters, which is the stupidest fucking thing in the world. So many great MK characters have been overlooked and passed on for Jason and an Alien and other dumb shit. It's fucking dumb, really the only thing about the game that miffs me.

The DLC characters they've announced are kinda meh, and the leaks only suggest it's mostly guest characters (lame) and a few run-of-the-mill others (Nightwolf, Sindel, Sheeva, Shang Tsung) which are fine, but there are many other fantastic options from which to choose. Fujin is the only one that is legitimately exciting. At least in the last few games they had things going smoothly reintroducing Rain, Tremor, Tanya, and Bo Rai Cho. Otherwise they wasted several slots on bullshit. The Triborg thing was lazy as fuck. Adding the Predator, Leatherface, an Alien with Baraka powers (seriously, so fucking stupid and cringy it isn't even funny), and Jason was just nonsense. At least in MK9 they had the right idea with Skarlet (who was awesome as a first-timer), Kenshi, and especially Rain, but of course they screwed the pooch by throwing in Freddy fucking Krueger.

The potential of DLC to expand and enrich the MK games is ruined by feebs who want to see comic book characters and things they saw in movies added to the game where they beated up people and made blood, just because.

Obligatory Last FM Link

at the gaytes
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:40 pm 

BastardHead wrote:

MK9 was good in some ways, it was neat to just totally reboot the story but it was done in a really fucking stupid way from a narrative standpoint, and the reboot aspect seemed like a really lazy way to avoid coming up with any new characters (double gut punch because the only character that survived from the PS2 era that I love so much was Kenshi (though in fairness he was the coolest one besides Havik)).

They certainly made the right decision by ditching new characters on MK9, because frankly, since MK3 they introduced only 5 or 6 great characters. The rest are clones of the classics, completely random or just terrible (fucking Hsu Hao). My personal favorite, Sareena, is sadly underused since MK Mythologies

GuntherTheUndying wrote:
MK11 is great. It's probably on par, maybe a little better than MK9. The redesigns, as Bastardhead mentioned, are fantastic. Not sure why there was ever a fuss to begin with about redesigning the characters from freakshows to normal people. I'm hoping they add more MK characters as additional content instead of guest characters, which is the stupidest fucking thing in the world. So many great MK characters have been overlooked and passed on for Jason and an Alien and other dumb shit. It's fucking dumb, really the only thing about the game that miffs me.

The DLC characters they've announced are kinda meh, and the leaks only suggest it's mostly guest characters (lame) and a few run-of-the-mill others (Nightwolf, Sindel, Sheeva, Shang Tsung) which are fine, but there are many other fantastic options from which to choose. Fujin is the only one that is legitimately exciting. At least in the last few games they had things going smoothly reintroducing Rain, Tremor, Tanya, and Bo Rai Cho. Otherwise they wasted several slots on bullshit. The Triborg thing was lazy as fuck. Adding the Predator, Leatherface, an Alien with Baraka powers (seriously, so fucking stupid and cringy it isn't even funny), and Jason was just nonsense. At least in MK9 they had the right idea with Skarlet (who was awesome as a first-timer), Kenshi, and especially Rain, but of course they screwed the pooch by throwing in Freddy fucking Krueger.

The potential of DLC to expand and enrich the MK games is ruined by feebs who want to see comic book characters and things they saw in movies added to the game where they beated up people and made blood, just because.

I think you are confusing Sheeva with Spawn

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:50 pm 

Yeah I didn't address the guest characters because my post was already getting long but that bugs me too. Triborg was indeed super lame, and I didn't want Alien or Jason in MKX, I'd much rather have some characters from 4 onwards (Fujin like you said would be super cool, and I think Reiko had a lot of potential storywise but just kinda got shuffled off to the side, and I maintain that Havik would be awesome but they'd have to rewrite him as being from Outworld or something since I'm pretty sure Chaosrealm got retconned out). I'm glad I got Jade back but she's still from the classic era. You all know Havik would rule dammit! We don't want Frost! HAVIK!

ATG is right though that some of those characters were super pointless. Hso Hao, Kobra, Darius, Dairou, and that one vampire woman from Deadly Alliance whose name I can't even remember were all totally worthless. I think I remember liking Li Mei though? Either way, point is that era shouldn't be totally wiped out like it seemed they intended to do on MK9.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

GuntherTheUndying

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:24 pm 

at the gaytes wrote:

Not confused, dude. Sheeva will be a DLC character for MK11, like Spawn.

BastardHead wrote:
You all know Havik would rule dammit! We don't want Frost! HAVIK!

If you gave me a list of 5 characters to pick that would be included in MK11, Havik is easily there. Havik rules eternal.

BastardHead wrote:
ATG is right though that some of those characters were super pointless. Hso Hao, Kobra, Darius, Dairou, and that one vampire woman from Deadly Alliance whose name I can't even remember were all totally worthless. I think I remember liking Li Mei though? Either way, point is that era shouldn't be totally wiped out like it seemed they intended to do on MK9.

While some of them are superbly lame, that era had some characters that are awesome as fuck. The weird thing is Sareena, Li Mei, and a few others were used in MKX's story, but that doesn't matter too much. All least it's cool Quan Chi and Shinnock survived the retcon - both were my mains in MK9 and MKX, respectively.

Obligatory Last FM Link

MaleficDevilry
Anointer of the Sick

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:29 pm 

Man. My next stop is the infamous O&S boss fight, and I can safely say this game is a masterpiece. I'm trying not to rush through the experience, but it's SO GOOD.

MammothRider
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:47 am 

MaleficDevilry wrote:
Man. My next stop is the infamous O&S boss fight, and I can safely say this game is a masterpiece. I'm trying not to rush through the experience, but it's SO GOOD.

Good luck! O&S were easy for me on my first play through, but I was over leveled and had the BK halberd, so that definitely eased the experience. The whole game is so fantastic though!

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:38 pm 

Proud to say I did beat my first playthrough of Sekiro. No, I didn't hear the Demon of Hatred. I'll eventually kill everybody but I was excited for it to be over. First From Soft game I've ever completed and I'm proud of myself. Still feels infinitely easier to me than DS3 or Bloodborne.

Starting NG+ and gave up Kuros charm. Curious to see how bad it can get. I think I'm gonna ring the bell this time too.

Edit: Okay. Wow. Definitely a noticeable difference without the charm.

at the gaytes
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:42 pm 

GuntherTheUndying wrote:
at the gaytes wrote:

Not confused, dude. Sheeva will be a DLC character for MK11, like Spawn.

Really? I didn't know that, my bad

Jonpo wrote:
Still feels infinitely easier to me than DS3

wat

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:12 pm 

Pretty plain statement I think! I reached a point very early in DS3 where I got stuck in an environmental sense. Literally just couldn't figure out where to go. Sekiro having far more linear level design fixed all that.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:28 pm 

Jonpo wrote:
I think! I reached a point very early in DS3 where I got stuck in an environmental sense. Literally just couldn't figure out where to go. Sekiro having far more linear level design fixed all that.

Heh? Obviously Dark Souls is notoriously hard, but I've never heard of someone getting stuck because they didn't know where to go. I always found the environments really straightforward to progress though. I don't even think that's supposed to be a hard part of the games. Where the hell were you?

GuntherTheUndying

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:45 pm 

Nah I can totally see how that would happen. The games are massive and convoluted; it's really easy to get lost and not know where to go 'next,' as much as that can be applied to a Souls game.

My first run through of the first Souls game I accessed the bottom of Blighttown first, and climbed my way up, thinking that was the way to go, and it took me forever to realize I was moving in the opposite direction. Same with DS2 and not knowing where to go when you get the Ashen Mist Heart.

Obligatory Last FM Link

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 872, 873, 874, 875, 876, 877, 878 ... 940  Next