Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:06 pm 

Quote:

Arizona thrash metal veterans SACRED REICH have signed with Metal Blade Records. They are writing material for what will be their sixth album and first since 1996's "Heal" for a tentative early 2019 release.

Since its 1985 inception, SACRED REICH has become one of the most revered thrash bands and has continued to carry the torch with European tours, festival appearances, its first U.S. tour in over 20 years, plus its 2012 "Live At Wacken" album. Given SACRED REICH's politically conscious material, today's divisive climate means the band's views are more relevant and vital than ever.

SACRED REICH vocalist and bassist Phil Rind comments: "We are very happy to announce that SACRED REICH have signed with Metal Blade Records and we are writing songs for a new album. Our plan is to go into the studio this summer and have a new record out early next year. We are super excited and can't wait to share some new music with you!"

SACRED REICH recently parted ways with drummer Greg Hall. A replacement drummer has not yet been announced.

One of the founding members of SACRED REICH, Hall was in the band from its formation in 1985 until his initial exit in 1991. He was replaced by drummer Dave McClain for the last two SACRED REICH studio albums, 1993's "Independent" and the aforementioned "Heal", before Greg rejoined the band for 1997's live album "Still Ignorant".

SACRED REICH broke up in 2000 and remained inactive until 2006 when they received offers to perform at European festivals. The have been playing sporadic shows ever since.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sacred ... next-year/

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:36 am 

Dave McClain re-joins as their drummer, and they will record the album in February, and plan to release it during the Summer.

http://metalstorm.net/events/news_comme ... s_id=34868

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:06 pm 

wow, I haven't heard about this band in years... I'd kind of forgotten about them. I don't know what kind of album we can expect from them 20 years after the fact but I don't just want to write it off without at least hearing it.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:53 am 

Curiously enough, I prefer their work before he initially joined much more than after. If a new Sacred Reich album is closer to that vein, it'll be refreshing to hear Dave really let loose in a way he didn't get to as often in Machine Head.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:51 am 

I really liked McClain's drumming in SR but never found him interesting in MH.

Sadly, Greg Hall was AMAZING on "Ignorance" but nowadays doesn't sound good at all so I see why they had to part ways.

I'm surprised DM wants to come back to this band. Isn't there a FFDP rip off band around that could pay him more?

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:04 pm 

that's exactly why I am skeptical of a new Sacred Reich- I fear they may be one of those former thrash bands who will turn into a "Five Finger Death punch rip off band" on this new album (and they wouldn't be the first such band to do this either.)

thrashinbatman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:23 am 

Oxenkiller wrote:
that's exactly why I am skeptical of a new Sacred Reich- I fear they may be one of those former thrash bands who will turn into a "Five Finger Death punch rip off band" on this new album (and they wouldn't be the first such band to do this either.)

Hopefully SR has learned the lessons of Death Angel and Overkill; people will be lukewarm if you put out some groove metal or butt rock nonsense, but welcome you with open arms if you put out a ripping thrash record.

fourrobert13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:44 am 

Sacred Reich isn't exactly known for putting out stellar albums. Ignorance was good, but they all went downhill after that. My guess is they'll try to land somewhere between American Way and Independent.

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:46 pm 

I don't think SR will go the FFDP route, thankfully. I doubt Phil even listens to that kind of music at all.

They had some samples of the new album posted online when they had another drummer playing with them and it sounded good to me. Not "modern" in style, but only production values. Sounded like late 80s Sacred Reich to my ears and I didn't detect any cringy lyrics which are sometimes an issue with this band. From what I heard before, I will definitely pick up the new album.

I kind of wish they were still playing with the drummer for Triphammer, who was the initial replacement when McClain left IIRC. That guy was awesome.

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:14 pm 

Can't wait for 31 Flavors Pt. 2 featuring Snoop Doggy Dogg

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:08 am 

The album title is Awakening, and it will be released in the Summer. It's produced by Arthur Rizk, who also have worked with Power Trip, Cavalera Conspiracy, among others.

CannibalCorpse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:51 am 

Create a song like "Surf Nicaragua" or "One Nation" again and I'll listen.

But this band was incredibly hit-and-miss, can't expect too much.

Adder's Fork - These Mountains Cast Great Shadows - NEW!
Adder's Fork + Dea Artio/In Dornen/Winter's Breath - A Gathering of Four - Split - NEW!
Adder's Fork - Website
Reviewer for Antichrist Magazine

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:29 pm 

Hoping for the best, expecting the worst.

fourrobert13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:33 pm 

Can't be any worse than what these guys put out...

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ex-exo ... on-ritual/

Quote:
Former EXODUS singer Rob Dukes and ex-SACRED REICH drummer Greg Hall have teamed up with DARK ANGEL guitarist Eric Meyer and bassist Michael Gonzalez to form a new band called BLOODMOON RITUAL. Rounding out the group is guitarist Chris Cannella, currently fronting AUTUMN'S END.

These men have performed on the biggest stages of Europe and the U.S. and delivered records that have become true milestones in the metal world.

With a pedigree like this, BLOODMOON RITUAL promises to deliver a sonic punch that will absolutely decimate the music world.

Dukes joined EXODUS in January 2005 and appeared on four of the band's studio albums — "Shovel Headed Kill Machine" (2005), "The Atrocity Exhibition... Exhibit A" (2007), "Let There Be Blood" (2008, a re-recording of EXODUS' classic 1985 LP, "Bonded By Blood") and "Exhibit B: The Human Condition" (2010).

Hall announced his departure from SACRED REICH in January 2018, explaining in a statement that he was fired "rather abruptly and by phone."

BLOODMOON RITUAL is:

Rob Dukes: Vocals
Greg Hall: Drums
Eric Meyer: Guitar
Michael Gonzalez: Bass
Chris Cannella: Guitar

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:15 pm 

fourrobert13 wrote:
Can't be any worse than what these guys put out...

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ex-exo ... on-ritual/

Quote:
Former EXODUS singer Rob Dukes and ex-SACRED REICH drummer Greg Hall have teamed up with DARK ANGEL guitarist Eric Meyer and bassist Michael Gonzalez to form a new band called BLOODMOON RITUAL. Rounding out the group is guitarist Chris Cannella, currently fronting AUTUMN'S END.

These men have performed on the biggest stages of Europe and the U.S. and delivered records that have become true milestones in the metal world.

With a pedigree like this, BLOODMOON RITUAL promises to deliver a sonic punch that will absolutely decimate the music world.

Dukes joined EXODUS in January 2005 and appeared on four of the band's studio albums — "Shovel Headed Kill Machine" (2005), "The Atrocity Exhibition... Exhibit A" (2007), "Let There Be Blood" (2008, a re-recording of EXODUS' classic 1985 LP, "Bonded By Blood") and "Exhibit B: The Human Condition" (2010).

Hall announced his departure from SACRED REICH in January 2018, explaining in a statement that he was fired "rather abruptly and by phone."

BLOODMOON RITUAL is:

Rob Dukes: Vocals
Greg Hall: Drums
Eric Meyer: Guitar
Michael Gonzalez: Bass
Chris Cannella: Guitar

That is true. The samples from the SR album with the previous drummer that they shared on Facebook sounded pretty good.

e_ddi_e
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:43 am 

Is this the guy that Kerry King referred to as Fred Flintstone?

fourrobert13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:31 am 

New song...IMO blows.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/listen ... it-donnie/

Dungeon_Vic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:37 am 

1. Sacred Reich's first two albums and EP (and part of Independent) are magnificent and some of my favorite stuff, childhood favorites, goes deep. I also think The American Way is their best album and I shake my head at those who don't appreciate it. Ignorance is great but also a one-trick pony, TAW was much more varied and I don't mean the (beloved) 31 Flavors.

2. Greg Hall was absolutely fine when I saw them live in 2012. Actually not just fine, he was a fucking monster. Very sad to see him go. And I find his best drumming is on The American Way!

3. New song is a just a hc song, kinda like post-Rocky Suicidal Tendencies, twas OK but nothing special and I almost did not recognise Phil's vocals. I loved his vocals in the past so I am a bit worried.

4. Looking forward to this but as I was not a big fan of Heal I'm also a bit apprehensive if the albums sounds like that.

5. They better fucking bring Stottler to do the album cover!

Vic's Dungeon - Remember the Fallen:
Jeff Hanneman: Evil Notes and Sad Riffs
Chuck Schuldiner (Death)
Paul Baloff (Exodus)
Holy Terror and Keith Deen
Roger Patterson (Atheist)

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:55 pm 

New song has no riffs.

Dungeon_Vic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:16 am 

New song apparently is an oddball, first thing they recorded, it's just to suit the Iron Regan split, the album will sound different. That's what they are saying.

And yeah, it's a hc song, so it's not about the riffs really.

Vic's Dungeon - Remember the Fallen:
Jeff Hanneman: Evil Notes and Sad Riffs
Chuck Schuldiner (Death)
Paul Baloff (Exodus)
Holy Terror and Keith Deen
Roger Patterson (Atheist)

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:22 pm 

Dungeon_Vic wrote:
1. Sacred Reich's first two albums and EP (and part of Independent) are magnificent and some of my favorite stuff, childhood favorites, goes deep. I also think The American Way is their best album and I shake my head at those who don't appreciate it. Ignorance is great but also a one-trick pony, TAW was much more varied and I don't mean the (beloved) 31 Flavors.

You are 100% on point. I love Ignorance, but The American Way is an awesome record and definitely Sacred Reich's best.

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:49 pm 

Tracklist:
01. Awakening
02. Divide & Conquer
03. Salvation
04. Manifest Reality
05. Killing Machine
06. Death Valley
07. Revolution
08. Something to Believe

HamburgerBoy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:09 am 

Song was as boring as their other post-Ignorance stuff, but legit cover art at least.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:02 am 

That track suuuucked.

MetlaNZ
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:22 am 

Great song. Welcome back Sacred Reich!

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:10 pm 

Main riff was good but the pre-chorus was all-around really bad. Drum fills at end elevated it.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:19 pm 

That song didn't do much of anything for me at all, and I wonder if the direction the songwriting was taking factored into Greg leaving. Dave's fine here, although an entire album like that would still be a waste.

My expectations for Bloodmoon Ritual are still low, but I'm least slightly more curious now.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:24 am 

fourrobert13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:31 am 

Not really feeling Manifest Reality or the title track. There's only eight tracks on the album, so my expectations for the rest of it are quite low.

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:54 am 

Herman Mehville

Subverter
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:40 pm 

Only a couple of years ago this band was very adamant against releasing new material. I'm guessing this is going to be another generic ORANGE MAN BAD concept album with worthless platitudes about politicians and the gubberment, with nary a riff to show for it. In all seriousness, no one needed this band back in the studio for any reason whatsoever. There's even Bandcamp pizza thrash outfits that can play more interesting music than anything we've heard from this new album so far. It's a shame though, because that artwork is killer.

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:11 am 

Live performance of another new song, Salvation, at 10:00 in this video:

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:24 pm 

Man his vocals still sound amazing. I think the lyrics are more Buddhist orientated..... Don't tell anyone though.

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:01 pm 

Southern Freeze wrote:
Man his vocals still sound amazing. I think the lyrics are more Buddhist orientated..... Don't tell anyone though.

Yep. Funny how people try to keep their religious beliefs secret these days.

These new songs have really grown on me. I'm really enjoying this.

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:19 am 

Released today, available for full official listen here:
https://sacredreichofficial.bandcamp.co ... /awakening

And an interview on the subject:
https://daily.bandcamp.com/2019/08/20/s ... -interview

HamburgerBoy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:15 am 

Temple Of Blood wrote:
These new songs have really grown on me. I'm really enjoying this.

I'm not huge on Sacred Reich in general, but listening to these new songs and Exhorder's new song back-to-back, Reich's are at the very least very faithful to a classic sound and have the appropriate production, and it helps that Rind's vocals are basically unchanged as well. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any thrash comebacks that sound as accurate as this (though I'm probably forgetting one or two).

fourrobert13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:08 pm 

I listened to the whole thing earlier this morning. While it's better than Heal (not hard to do), the production ruins it for me. The entire things sounds like it was recorded in a tunnel IMO. Some of the things Phil does with his vocals sounds weird to me. It's not bad, but I'm not feeling an urge to play it again any time soon.

brain hammer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:20 am 

I'm digging it. It's easy for me to imagine this one coming out back in 1993 after "The American Way" instead of "Independent." Probably would have gotten a better reaction. "Awakening" is faster and punchier than "Independent", about the same length as "American Way". There's one "rockin" tune called "Death Valley" that's pretty lame IMO, and the last song on the album is kind of a dud, but the other six tracks all crush, especially the ones that really hit the gas. Solid comeback IMO.

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:46 am 

Apologies for the thread necro, but I felt it was necessary to mention the sad news that original guitarist Jason Rainey passed away earlier this week due to a heart attack.

Quote:
It is with deep sadness and broken hearts that we must announce that our friend, guitarist and founding member of Sacred Reich, Jason Rainey has passed away.

Jason started the band after only playing guitar for six months. With sheer determination and will, he lead us through the early years of the band. He worked tirelessly. Sacred Reich was his life.

In recent years he faced some serious medical issues. He ultimately succembed to a heart attack on Monday, March 16. He was 53 years old.

Jason, we wish you peace and love. ❤️

Jason Wesley Rainey
February 14, 1967 - March 16, 2020

https://www.facebook.com/sacredreichoff ... =3&theater

Reply to topic