Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Xenophon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:39 am 

Sepulchrave wrote:
Any death metal with a dark, occult medieval atmosphere? I feel heaps of it when listening to MA's Covenant. Obvious recs welcome.

Huh, I've never really thought of Covenant as sounding "medieval." Dire Omen's Wresting the Revelation of Futility has a similar style to that album in the faster riffs, and it also feels occultic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu0Bh58-TtE

Sepulchral Zeal and Possession (Belgium) are two death metal bands I would definitely say sound dark, occult, and medieval.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:41 am 

Dark and occult makes me think of Sadistic Intent.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:32 am 

Sepulchrave wrote:
Any death metal with a dark, occult medieval atmosphere?

I'd recommend Shub Niggurath (Mexico), Imprecation (USA) and Totten Korps (Chile) off the top of my head.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

Required Fields
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:29 pm 

I asked for some recommendations a couple of pages back. I still didn't get any.

Required Fields wrote:
What are some death metal albums that have been released this year that would appeal to someone looking for something in the vein of Pierced From Within-era Suffocation?

Xenophon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:09 am 

Required Fields wrote:
I asked for some recommendations a couple of pages back. I still didn't get any.

Required Fields wrote:
What are some death metal albums that have been released this year that would appeal to someone looking for something in the vein of Pierced From Within-era Suffocation?

I mean, you're asking for a specific sound from a specific year, so there's no guarantee anyone has anything. Maybe Parasitic Slavery by Body Harvest is vaguely close to what you're looking for? It doesn't have as many breakdowns though, I think.

Vadara
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:30 am 

I am really bored, and I am expecting the answer to be a flat "no", even given how many bands exist in this wide genre, but I really must ask:

Is there anything out there, even one band, that could remotely be called, using the archives' genre labeling, either

-Progressive Slam
-Atmospheric Brutal Death metal (or Atmo. Slam but there's no way that shit exists lmao)

I'm expecting "no" but hell, it might exist out there, and I absolutely want to hear this utterly incomprehensible genre.

Hayisforhorses
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:43 am 

Vadara wrote:
Atmo. Slam but there's no way that shit exists lmao

Would love to hear someone actually take a crack at this idea properly, the closest thing I have heard would be a few moments on the Proteus album Personal Narrative of Cognitive Dreamscapes and maybe the Jenovavirus demo.
Otherwise everytime I have heard something tagged "atmospheric slam" it ends up just being another deathcore band with some heavily reverbed/delayed guitar lines and juddery time sigs which does not equate "atmospheric" imo.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:57 am 

I have a suspicion that slogging through (positive) Noktorn reviews might yield results. That said, the quality might not be brilliant. For example, I can imagine Jenovavirus being an acquired taste at best.

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:45 am 

I'm not sure about atmo slam but you may find a bunch of bands if you want to search for atmo sludge

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:02 am 

Atmospheric sludge on metal-archives is often an euphemism for post-metal, which they didn't adopt as a genre label until lately for some reason. You'll find bands like Cult of Luna and Pelican.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:16 pm 

Vadara wrote:
-Atmospheric Brutal Death metal (or Atmo. Slam but there's no way that shit exists lmao)

Infester.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:00 pm 

droneriot wrote:
Vadara wrote:

Infester.

This. Also Imprecation maybe (thanks drone).

Boychev
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:00 am 

Vadara wrote:
I am really bored, and I am expecting the answer to be a flat "no", even given how many bands exist in this wide genre, but I really must ask:

Is there anything out there, even one band, that could remotely be called, using the archives' genre labeling, either

-Progressive Slam

I'm expecting "no" but hell, it might exist out there, and I absolutely want to hear this utterly incomprehensible genre.

Enmity - Illuminations of Vile Engorgement - slambient

Lykathea Aflame - Elvenefris - new age brutal death

Morpheus Descends - Chronicles of the Shadowed Ones - not really brutal, but atmospheric as fuck

7 H. Target - Psy Slam Damage - tech slam

Dripping - Disintegration of Thought Patterns During a Synthetic Mind Traveling Bliss - bizarro brutal death

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:48 am 

I don't hate Edge of Sanity. I am listening to them and I see that there are the properly aggressive parts mixed with ultra melodic parts but it has an identity of its own. I just wonder if there is more stuff out there like Crimson I mean from other bands.

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:03 am 

General question. Can someone recommend the most mosh pit type/headbanging style albums/songs in DM. Some examples of what I am looking for are.

mosh like:-

the most headbanging:-

the most melodic:-

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:29 pm 

That's a rather vague request, man...

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:15 pm 

Well I am looking for any bands that might be considered similar to any of the three pieces I mentioned.

Xymosys
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:38 am 

Well, I would recommend Entombed's Morning Star album due to its thrashy nature and catchy, heavy and headbanging riffs.

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:39 am 

@Xymosys

Sure, nothing wrong with that rec just a bit obvious given that I have heard Entombed so many times already before.

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:33 pm 

Hayisforhorses wrote:
halfformedfetus wrote:
Hey guys, could anyone recommend some brutal bands similar to Gorgasm, Deeds of Flesh. Please no slam, i went through a slam stage and i am burnt out on it.

Hopefully something in here to your liking:

Regurgitation - Tales of Necrophilia (fucking savage and reasonably technical brutal death)
Sepsism – To prevail in disgust (debut is also great but more old school brutal ala CC, this however ought to fit your request)
Deprecated - Deriding His Creation (bdm super group, short but sweet like a mix of old Pyrexia, DoF, Disgorge all thats good)
Pyaemia – Cerebral Cereal (absolutely killer well rounded work of bdm)
Flesh Consumed – Anything (personally I recommend Mutilate, Eviscerate, Decapitate... cali brutality, techy but with a nice sense of groove)
Defeated Sanity - Prelude to the Tragedy (less dense than later releases, imo has mid-period DoF vibe)
Dissenter – Bloodlust & Blasphemy (polish dm mix of Deeds of Flesh, Deicide and as to be expected Vader)
Sarcolytic - Thee Arcane Progeny (excellent tech brutality, think DoF meets Nile with some Myrkskog on the side)
Guttural Secrete – Reek of pubescent despoilment + Nourishing the spoil (fast spastic bdm with a little bit of slam)
Disentomb – Misery (brutal and technical, like Disgorge meets Immolation with some crushing doomy passages)
Inveracity - Circle of Perversion (very Suffocation influenced but has that dry clipped DoF feel)
Disavowed – Perceptive Deception (mix of DoF and percussive NYDM style stuff)
Severed Savior - Brutality Is Law (more cali brutality, on the techier side especially so on their second lp)
Visceral Bleeding – Any (ferocious and dense technical bdm, all good stuff but I personally prefer their first album)
Defaced Creation – Serenity in Chaos (excellent Swedish bdm, became Aeon)
Condemned – Realms of the Ungodly (more bdm and less slam than their other releases)
Goratory – Any (you may be best off with Sexual Intercorpse, later stuff is increasingly technical and ridiculous but good fun)

This stuff is absolutely top tier stuff. I didn't get it at the time it was posted. Now revisiting those pages. Also looking
into @Blarg223 suggestions.

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:12 am 

I listened/sampled a lot of stuff through @Hayisforhorses and @Blarg223 recommendations and I'm surprised at how much I missed at the time. Time to try again. So far I tried and liked the following:

Deprecated
Sepsism
Septycal Gorge
Dissenter
Sarcolytic
Malignancy(especially liked)
Condemned
Defaced Creation
Deivos
Broken Torso

I haven't heard/sampled the rest so likely this list is going to grow longer once I do try more bands.

Bands that I am familiar with but which do not interest me as much are:

Hate Eternal
Hour of Penance

Bands that are great for me are:

CANNIBAL CORPSE(any friggin' album)
Suffocation(almost any album)
Death(ANY ALBUM)

and there are others but these are the primary ones

Hoping to get some recommendations in the BDM and Slam genre. Not so much slam though.

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:09 am 

blarg223 wrote:
Impressive list, hayisforhorses. Very impressive actually. Shocked to see Nefas, Broken Torso, and a few others on there, you really know your stuff. I have a few other recommendations I might add, generally in the Early 2000s BDM style. My favorite label in BDM currently is New Standard Elite, and they really specialize in raw sounding brutal death, very much in that turn-of-the-decade format. Here's a few NSE releases in particular I think you'll really enjoy, and honestly everything the label releases is quality. It's run by Dan Osborne, drummer of Inherit Disease, which is also a band you should really check out if you haven't already, especially Visceral Transcendence. He's also a good personal friend of mine and is going to be playing drums in a project that I'm starting in the vein of Abhorrence, Nox, Rebaelliun, Hate Eternal, etc. lol.

Abnormal Inhumane-Consuming the Infinity (new Greek BDM, very strong Inveracity/Deeds of Flesh vibes)
Injury Deepen-Anthropophagus Realm (Inndonesian band that sounds a lot like Gorgasm. Honestly the whole Indo scene sounds a lot like Disgorge, so looking into some of those bands isn't a bad idea, such as Bloody Gore, Asphyxiate, Bleeding Corpse, Anorgasm, Bleeding Murder, Gerogot, Gore Infamous, Guttural Disease, Jasad, Plasmoptysis, Reduced, etc. It's a gold mine if you can dig through the literally hundreds of bands from there)
Iniquitous Deeds-Incessant Hallucinations (probably my favorite release on the label. Super alien sounding BDM; if you want to hear the weirdest shit ever, listen to the last 2 minutes of Infinitive Putrefaction)
Baalsebub-The Sickness of the Holy Inquisition (Estonian Brodequin worship)
Abhorrent Castigation-Throne of Existential Abandonment (German brutality that had Lille Gruber of Defeated Sanity on drums)
Delusional Parasitosis-Ingurgitating Intestinal Rot (hyperblasting raw brutality with predator vocals)
Dissevered-Agonized Wails of Disseverment (Laotian BDM)
Ecchymosis-Aberrant Amusement in Cadaveric Vomitplay (totally raw, sloppily powerful Thai BDM)
Embodied Torment-Liturgy of Ritual Execution (imagine a more dark, atmospheric Brodequin)
Euphegenia-Telexistent Depravity (members of Guttural Secrete and Cerebral Incubation)
Infectology-Innards of Misanthropic Embodiment (Ecuadoran brutal death)
Omnipotent Hysteria-Abattoir of Slain Deities (UK BDM in the vein of Disgorge and such)
Virulency-The Anthropodermic Manuscript of Retribution (insane vocal variation, Spanish band)
Seminal Embalmment-Seminal Embalmment (BRAND NEW Aussie brutal death, very Gorgasm-y)
Cerebral Effusion-Idolatry of the Unethical (one of Spain's best BDM bands, right up there with Wormed and Human Mincer)

Some other releases that aren't from NSE, with a wide range of years, though since Hay covered most early 2000s BDM already, a fair bit will be newer releases, 2008 and onward.

Septycal Gorge-Scourge of the Formless Breed (Italian brutal death, slightly techy, like most stuff from that area)
Insidious Decrepancy-Extirpating Omniscient Certitude (the best one man brutal death metal band of all time)
Unfathomable Ruination-Finitude
Fleshbomb-Reincarnated in Abomination
Derogation-Revival of a Nest Ignorant (another Ukrainian band)
Posthumous Blasphemous-Exhumation of Sacred Impunity (Belarusian BDM that's strangely technical, but not in a meedly-meedly sweeping way)
Relics of Humanity-Ominously Reigning upon the Intangible (Ukranian band, similar to Disentomb imo)
7 H. Target-0.00 Apocalypse (Spazzy Russian sickness)
Despondency-God on Acid
Blasphemer-On the Inexistence of God (very technical and riffy ITDM, sure to please)
Internal Suffering-Unmercyful Extermination (this is an early EP of theirs. Later work is much more well known and popular, but I love the rawness of this. Also, I am a HUGE fan of the Colombian scene; if you want to hear the rawest, most disgusting shit on the planet, dig into that scene, from around 2001-09 especially. Bands like Suppuration, Mindly Rotten [first album], Mental Apraxia, Blaze Inside, Wormeaten, Ancient Necropsy, Carnal, Goretrade, Evil Darkness, Melting Flesh,. Masturbation, Phalogore, My Plague, and Sadistic Mutilation. Here's actually a write-up and list I made about the scene: https://rateyourmusic.com/list/Morguelo ... ath-metal/
Alienation Mental-Ball Spouter (Craaaaazy Czech technical death/grind!!!)
Mortal Decay-Sickening Erotic Fanaticism (some of the best early BDM work ever)
Carnophage-Deformed Future//Genetic Nightmare
The Sickening-Sickness Unfold
Gorged Bile-Absterged from Hominal Patterns (the name brings to mind Pyaemia almost as much as the music)
Colonize the Rotting-Composting the Masticated
Severe Torture- Misanthropic Carnage (not sure how I missed this, one of the greatest brutal death metal bands of all time. All albums are great, but especially the first 2!!)
Kataplexia-Supreme Authority
Deepred-Prophetic Luster (extremely underrated Finnish brutal death, very much in that early 2000s style!)
Euphoric Defilement-Ascending to the Worms
Yattering-Human's Pain (disjointed, crazy Polish tech/brutal shit)
Mutilated-Devirginated Genital Pulp (one of my absolute favorite albums, so many fucking riffs!! Sounds like Severe Torture, or if Tomb of the Mutilated was dunked in nuclear waste and mutated into something even more heavy and gross.)
Moonfog-Cadaveric Changes (don't let the name fool you. sick stuff)
Mass Infection-For I Am Genocide (another Greek band, incredible tremolo riffs)
Corpulate-Boundless Expansion (surprisingly Malignancy-esque, also look into Incarrion if you like that style)
Back Door to Asylum-Cerberus Millenia
Necrotic Disgorgement-Suffocated in Shrinkwrap (Hay mentioned Regurgitation, this is almost a continuation of that band, shares members)
Debodified-Utopia in the Eyes of the Beast
Shuriken Cadaveric Entwinement-As the Shroud of Suffering Suffocates the Land
Peshmerga-Murderous Acts of Cruelty (probably about the closest thing to Gorgasm you'll ever find, shared members)
Human Filleted- Blunt Force Embludgeonment (another band that shared members with Gorgasm)
Face of Oblivion-Cataclysmic Desolation (kinda techy stuff, out on Comatose last year)
Incinerate-Anatomize
Domination Through Impurity-Masochist
Saprogenic-The Wet Sound of Flesh on Concrete (evil sounding riffs in this one)
Unmerciful-Unmercifully Beaten (debut is best, but the new one is good too)
Pillory-No Lifeguard at the Gene Pool
Sufferatory-Compulsory Martyrdom (Russian band that really likes Suffocation and Pyrexia)
Penis Leech-Proliferation of Malignancy (this is a compilation, but it's easy to find on CD, surprisingly great band)
Gory Delivery-Conceived to Prevail
Embryonic Depravity-Constrained by Miscarriage
Fumes of Decay-Devouring the Excavated
Meathook-Infernal Torture
Gortuary-Manic Thoughts of Perverse Mutilation
Hideous Deformity-Defoulment of Human Purity
Corporectomy-Within the Weak and the Wounded
Decrepidemic-The Void of Un-Existence
Repulsive Dissection-Cut Open the Aberration
Deadlystrain-The Moltitude of Beings
Birth through Gore-The Culmination Conquest
Birth of Depravity-From Obscure Domains
Haemophagia-From Sickness to Cult
Christ Denied-...Got What He Deserved (Dave Rotten of Avulsed!!!!!)
Carnivorous Voracity-The Impious Doctrine
Baalphegor-Post Earthquake Age
Extreme Violence-Ecstasy in Pain
Arsebreed-Munching the Rotten (dumb name, but this is basically what Pyaemia turned into)
Brutus-Slachtbeest (one of the most unrelenting albums of all time)
Houwitser-Rage Inside the Womb (a little more old school but totally savage)
Castrensis-Hierarchies (painfully dark Danish brutal death)
Copremesis-Muay Thai Ladyboys (super fucked up NYDM....)
Purulent Jacuzzi-Vanished in the Cosmic Futility (if you like the Coprobaptized Cunthunter rec, you'll like this)
Gored-Incinerate the Vanquished (tried to shy away from TXDM as the majority is really slam oriented, but I think this fits what you're looking for)
Die-Rise of the Rotten (one of the lesser known Unique Leader releases. Honestly, their entire catalog up until around 2008 is solid fucking gold, everything is worth checking out)

Ok so that's kind of a fuckload of bands. Hope you enjoy some at least, I'm certain you'll enjoy the majority of them.

this stuff is top notch i say ..

~Guest 74046
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:48 am 

Yeah, blarg/Morguelord really knows his brutal death metal. Wish he was more active on these boards.

That said, are you familiar with Afterbirth - Psychopathic Embryotomy? They remind me a lot of Suffocation with their convuluted riffing style.

Hayisforhorses
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:44 pm 

Rippingheadache wrote:
blarg/Morguelord

Blarg is a legit death metal encyclopaedia!

sonic_enemy_333 wrote:
CANNIBAL CORPSE(any friggin' album)

If you want CC style stuff make that Regurgitation album (Tales of Necrophilia) your next priority that album slays!

astralprison
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:01 pm 

Vadara wrote:
Atmospheric Brutal Death metal (or Atmo. Slam but there's no way that shit exists lmao)

Not sure if it fits what you're looking for but the most recent Disentomb album comes to mind.

~Guest 74046
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:46 pm 

Hayisforhorses wrote:
If you want CC style stuff make that Regurgitation album (Tales of Necrophilia) your next priority that album slays!

Absolutely. Hells Headbangers just did a fantastic reissue for this. About time this gem gets rediscovered and reappraised.

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:17 pm 

Rippingheadache wrote:
Hayisforhorses wrote:

Absolutely. Hells Headbangers just did a fantastic reissue for this. About time this gem gets rediscovered and reappraised.

That album starts out somewhat slow but gets richer later. I particularly like this kind of song:

EDIT:Another great track

Last edited by sonic_enemy_333 on Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:07 am, edited 10 times in total.
~Guest 74046
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:16 pm 

Those are great tracks indeed. Pretty much the whole album I find consistent honestly, and the weaking sounding production works for me in an odd way.

I'll be checking out the rest of blarg's list very shortly.

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:08 am 

Here I've taken the several recommendations and briefly commented the first thoughts on it.

Disgorge she lay gutted vibe

clear Brodequin vibe

Intense and heavy as hell

Vibes of Spawn of Possession or Decrepit Birth

Coffee can drums and a very eerie atmosphere. totally recommended

Good stuff. Gives the effect of being down tuned and good. Drums tuned low also it seems. Sounds like beating a curtain lol

Great gutturals.

Bit tech-y but brutal parts are there

Great stuff. down tuned and stuff.

typical bdm with the right tuning. several good slams too. a good solo here and there

lots of inhaled vocals. pig squeals , ultra gutturals etc. tuned low/good.

ultra guttural with all instruments tuned down

not as down tuned as some others. but guitars have a good sound. overall vibe is also decent.

consistent sound. not tuned particularly low but sounds good. gutturals are quite low though and there's the
occasional scream.

Simple aggressive effective.

sounds good but not tuned low enough. sounds a bit thrashy at times.

Not tuned low enough. sensible music overall just the tuning should have been lower.

horrifying deadly black sinister music.

Now this is the sound you don't often get to hear. Very downtuned. Low sounding. Kind of like if an earthquake were audible.

sounds great by its own standards but tuning could have been lower giving greater weight to the music

good stuff. tuned low. kind of like a cross between brodequin and disgorge. drummer sounds like he's beating sticks on a wooden table.

sounds good and i won't complain about not being down tuned enough

Very weird cricket like vocals/screams whatever. no technical virtuosity but good songwriting.

Vocals not low enough. Otherwise fine

sharply tuned instruments to deliver maximal impact.

may take some time getting into. too much empty space between the drums and the guitars.
sounds great just the bass should be a bit louder in the mix

evil.nasty. all things death metal. guitars sound like chainsaws delivering a great riff after another.

no need to say much. it's Severe Torture.

the vocals are irritating but the rest of the music makes up for it. it's the kind of music there should be more of.

deep and dark.

production not up to the mark. too much reverb/echo to the drums.

great stuff

low as hell. great production and songwriting.

sounds good. can't figure out where they are tuning wise. drums seem to be metal sheets

this is metal for tough minds. heavy use of heaviness inducing heavy things.

another band that heard and liked Brodequin i suppose. great sound on offer here.

not downtuned enough but great sound.architecture of songs and layering is great.

great song craftsmanship but could have been tuned lower.

sounds ok but they could have made it a bit more extreme if they only pushed themselves more but needs a careful listen there are some good moments on offer here.

real metal for real metalheads

very down tuned stuff. very low gutturals to the point that they are just a rumble. great stuff.

great sounding low sounding death metal. vocalist is just great.

very high register for a death metal album/song. sounds like hate eternal or hour of penance followers. two bands that
i don't really like.

aggression but matched with songwriting. great riffs here, nice fills.

Very high register for DM. the vocalist should be more guttural otherwise the whole thing hangs in air. The redemption is that the guitars are really good as is the drums.

high level of brutality. drummer seems a bit machine like but otherwise fine it is.

has a certain attraction to it

the kind of metal that is made for the great ones.

Never heard anything like this before. Maybe it's meant to be a joke. But the sound itself is really novel.

not tuned low enough. would have been killer if it had been. also need lower and louder bass,

also needs to be lower but sounds quite good the way it is.

terrific slams to be found here. and an assault hard to withstand. cricket sounding vocals are also interesting. gives the whole thing heaviness.

Very raw and brutal sound.

riffs are too good

Can't believe that death metal musicians would choose to play in this scale. They should be playing in a lower scale otherwise there is no intensity.

[/youtube]

Good sound but not great sound. Quite good songwriting though. I just wish they sounded more primeval.

Interesting.

tight

noteworthy

great

very deep and brutal

great vocalist, deep music. metal for rock stars.

listenable

Last edited by sonic_enemy_333 on Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:35 am 

Can someone recommend something like

Disgorge-She Lay Gutted
Coprobaptized Cunthunter
Gortuary
Jasad

something weird like Neoandertals is also fine.

Basically I'm trying to sieve all the bands that have the raw tin can coffee can drum sound or those that have all their instruments tuned way down. A great vocalist is always welcome. By a great vocalist you can refer to the Vocalist of Gortuary.

Another way classy band I forgot was Medecophobic.

~Guest 74046
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:03 pm 

Artery Eruption - Gouging Out the Eyes of Mutilated Infants
Pencil Lead Syringe - Suffocated and Embalmed
Purulent Jacuzzi - Vanished in the Cosmic Futility
Encenathrakh - S/T

Are great examples of ultra-downtuned, weirdo brutal death. Also, the ultra-kvlt folks at the NWN boards seems to have an active thread for this stuff. You can probably find a lot of cool bands there.

http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=68510

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:54 pm 

taken from nwn. authentic as anything. slam but not simplistic.

pingy. brvtal.

madness

hell yeah

Slam

Have yet to go through the rest and let it sink in.

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:26 pm 

[

dark and heavy. consistent. groovy. listenabel

happy sounding metal

brutal as all hell

listenable.

great sound.

good sombre low key shit

of course. this band deserves its place.

massive sound

good sound.

massive sound

a great favorite of mine. have listened to it a bunch of times. not grown old or anything

good psycho shit

massive sound

low key. massive sound.

low key. massive sound.

HELL YEAH!! Brodequin vibe can be heard here. coffee can drums and other stuff all tuned way low.
Vocalist is probably a pig and not a human being.

album is pretty good.

sounds like any other (good) DM record

massive sound.

good and consistent.

Vocalist is an animal

good sounding slam. i think they are good enough to open for Dream Theater.

it's ok but i don't like the production. the drums are way too loud and they sound artificial.

good stuff. quite a bit of aggression.

good

good stuff

tremendous.

tremendous

tremendous

Sick stuff.

good sounding.sustains the meditative mood.

riffs are cool DM like

not bad. slam the way slam is sometimes. you have the occasional interesting fill or someother twist but it's mostly same sounding. which
is not a criticism.

great sounding.

good stuff

bit artificial

good and consistent.needs a few listens.

dark sinister evil music seems to have those very vibes aesthetically

intense, threatening

good sound but not as flat and pingy as it could be. hell it's good music anyway

flat detached massive sound

good.

bit upbeat

nice flat sound

really good sound. pingy as all hell and really flat sound

good soft sound. listenable

yet another indonesian band which plays near perfect death metal

decent sound. flat enough.

flat and soft. good heavy stuff.

decent but nothing extraordinary

good stuff

standard but decent

nasty death metal from the UK

heavy and guttural. bit on the edge of normal human sanity.

flat. but seems like the drums are tuned too tight. if they were just a bit more relaxed the overall atmoshpere ould be cooler. but it's ok.

kickass stuff from Thailand

near perfect in sound production. another great band from indonesia

good dm from the UK.

bit technical but brutality still there

Great production. Another great piece form Indonesia.

Some great brutality from Melbourne, Australia

Colombian stuff.

great massive sound

Italian Sickness. REally filthy and cavernous stuff.

Couldn't find them on RYM. But damn good sound.

Massive sound. Underground slithering feel.

Production is a bit artificial

Couldn't find them on RYM. Great sound for sure.

Norwegian aggression. Great sound.

great stuff from Indonesia

Greek band. Great sound.

One of my favorite bands. Hailing from Indonesia. Total consistent pulverizing stone sound.

a bit on the tech-y side too but has a good sound.

very low very flat and pingy. makes for a great atmosphere. very listenable

indonesian stuff. massive sound.

flat and great sounding

Chilean band. massive sound.

sort of ok

tightly recorded and played. laotian band.

sound is massive. flat, low, lots of coffee can drums.

Japanese brutality. some cool riffs on offer here.

a bit on the edge.

Indonesian scene. Absolutely great stuff.

Great stuff from Mexico.

consistent flat sound. good stuff.

Ecuadorian stuff.

Colombian stuff.

fast

massive sound. Indonesian stuff.

a bit of slam thrown in here or there

aggressive/violent. a bit on the edge.

good. not necessarily as good as all the other indonesian stuff though.

coffee can drums. doesn't jive with the rest of the instruments.

evil and barbaric.

Last edited by sonic_enemy_333 on Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
xxld1k
The Sweetest Summer Child EVER!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:26 am 

I need disgusting and filthy brutal death metal with an obnoxious snare that sounds like a kitchen pot or coffee can, ie extremely pingy. Examples are Baalsebub, Excoriation, Gastrorrexis and those few Defeated Sanity songs.

https://www.last.fm/user/xxld1k

Hayisforhorses
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:02 pm 

xxld1k wrote:
I need disgusting and filthy brutal death metal with an obnoxious snare that sounds like a kitchen pot or coffee can, ie extremely pingy. Examples are Baalsebub, Excoriation, Gastrorrexis and those few Defeated Sanity songs.

Super obvious suggestion would be Brodequin.

Otherwise some of personal favourites, Orchidectomy, Blaze Inside, Agony Conscience, Coprobaptized Cunthunter, Devouring Humanity

~Guest 74046
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:09 pm 

7 H. Target - Psy Slam Damage

is PING as fuck

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:48 am 

Coffee can drums:--

ECCHYMOSIS - ABERRANT AMUSEMENT IN CADAVERIC VOMITPLAY

PUTRESCENT SEEPAGE - DEMO 2016

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:10 am 

I'm looking for bands like

Jasad(one of the best i know)
Fatihad(also one of the best i know)
Ecchymosis(great stuff)
Gore Infamous
Guttural Disease(somehow i really like the kick drum muffled sound like they have muffled it by cloth or something)
Hell Skuad(really cool shit the album is massive)
Humiliation - Savior Of Human Destruction (2012)(particulary good)
Immense - Slaughter of Brutality 2018(relatively standard but kind of ok)
Imprecatory - Mortal Intestines Decay(great muffled sound)
jagal Monster of Insanity(massive sound)
Kaluman
Moredead

Last edited by sonic_enemy_333 on Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:18 am 

I've exhausted most of the listed recommendations in this list. I haven't done much else in the past couple days.Now I need more shit.

I don't like open sounding bands. I like closed cavernous sounding bands like they are playing in a haze or smog. Hard to describe very clearly though.

EDIT:--

I'm looking for more Disgorge She lay gutted type of brutality. Bit of a slammy aspect is cool as well though if it's purely non slam that is cool too. The thing I like about the Disgorge vibe is that it's very flat sounding. Like the drums have cotton on top of them and that it sounds like they're playing in an acoustically insulated chamber. I do like pingy snares the coffee can sound is interesting as played by Gastrorrexis etc. Some examples of bands which have lived up to my expectations are Excoriate, Gastrorrexis, CENOTAPH, Membro Genitali Befurcator, Jasad, Fadihat and others.

GoatBoat
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:42 am 

I'm trying to remember the name of a death metal band. I can't remember much about it musically, other than it had some rather strange and unorthodox vocals for the genre. Lyrically, the band wrote of incomprehensible and kind of demonic things. I remember there was a song about touching a portal and screaming until the mouth disappeared, and vomited guts turning into a kind of space balloon and floating people off into space.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 270, 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276 ... 289  Next