Selbst - Selbst
Void omnia - Dying light
Uada - Devoid of light
Drastus - La croix de sang
Gevurah - Hallelujah!
Dodecahedron - Kwintessens
Fuath - I
Wędrujący wiatr - O turniach jeziorach i nocnych szlakach
A lot of Icelandic stuff, like Svartidaudi, Misthyrming, Sinmara, Zhrine and so on
Ecc

About The voice of steel and Memoria vetusta I, I love both but I don't know

Thank you for these recs! Void Omnia, Fuath and Uada have the styles I'm looking for. As for Icelandic BM, it seems they're making great records these days, maybe being a small and isolated country helps to inspire them.

NoIdolsNoHeroes
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:31 pm 

Wilytank wrote:
Khors's Return to Abandoned album is probably as close as you're going to get to The Voice of Steel by a different band. It does have Nokturnal Mortum's (now former) keyboard player also playing keys on it too though. https://khors1.bandcamp.com/album/return-of-abandoned

Thanks for the rec, this album is pretty close to VoS. Wish there was more like it (someone suggested Russian Arkona's Khram, but they're not even a BM band and their sound is too folky for my taste).

NoIdolsNoHeroes
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:43 pm 

HviteGuden wrote:
If you want some DsO-like stuff, you gotta check some albums from Iceland. Svartidauði "Revelations of the Red Sword" (2018) and Carpe Noctem "Vitrun" (2018), for example.
If you like Sargeist and finnish BM, there have recently been some other good finnish stuff, for instance, Sarastus "Enter the Necropolis" (2019) and Phlegein "Devotion" (2018). And Horna released a great compilation "Kasteessa kirottu" last year.
Uada "Cult of a Dying Sun" (2018) is a solid Mgła-like album.
Talking about Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult, there's another great female-fronted (even utterly female) band Asagraum, which released its new album "Dawn of Infinite Fire" right today.
By the way, today is a release date of some other cool stuff, which is quite DsO-ish as well - Kostnatění "Hrůza zvítězí". Don't miss it, as well as the project's previous year release "Konec je všude".
Also I can recommend a one of my favorites of 2018 - Cultes des Ghoules "Sinister, or Treading the Darker Paths".
I think, that will be a good start for you.

Great recs! Uada definitely kill it for me and Carpe Noctem have a similar tendency to push BM boundaries like DsO do.

Cultes des Ghoules has always had its own place among my favorite BM artists.

I really liked Asagraum and their newest album, and will definitely keep track of their future releases.

Thanks a lot! If you have more stuff like this, I'll be glad to listen to it.

mike_87
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:28 pm 

I tried Asagraum's first album some time ago, can't say they clicked much with me but DNS certainly did

mike_87
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:11 pm 

Tried Henbane by Cultes Des Ghoules, god how incredibly bland, seems like the blastbeats make a few brief appearances throughout, otherwise full of the same riffs and vocals and much slower parts over and over. Come on give me better suggestions than that

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:42 am 

^
I have kinda the same feeling about it :lol:
I know people who worship that album but i can't really find nothing special, except for the crazy vocals

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:17 am 

NoIdolsNoHeroes wrote:
HviteGuden wrote:
If you want some DsO-like stuff, you gotta check some albums from Iceland. Svartidauði "Revelations of the Red Sword" (2018) and Carpe Noctem "Vitrun" (2018), for example.
If you like Sargeist and finnish BM, there have recently been some other good finnish stuff, for instance, Sarastus "Enter the Necropolis" (2019) and Phlegein "Devotion" (2018). And Horna released a great compilation "Kasteessa kirottu" last year.
Talking about Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult, there's another great female-fronted (even utterly female) band Asagraum, which released its new album "Dawn of Infinite Fire" right today.
By the way, today is a release date of some other cool stuff, which is quite DsO-ish as well - Kostnatění "Hrůza zvítězí". Don't miss it, as well as the project's previous year release "Konec je všude".
Also I can recommend a one of my favorites of 2018 - Cultes des Ghoules "Sinister, or Treading the Darker Paths".

Great recs! Uada definitely kill it for me and Carpe Noctem have a similar tendency to push BM boundaries like DsO do.

I really liked Asagraum and their newest album, and will definitely keep track of their future releases.

Asagraum. Terrible gimmicky all-female black metal.

mike_87
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:47 am 

The Ardbeg Wizard wrote:
NoIdolsNoHeroes wrote:
HviteGuden wrote:

Asagraum. Terrible gimmicky all-female black metal.

Same thoughts here, if you want good Female BM Astarte and Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult are the best

mike_87
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:57 am 

Morn Of Solace wrote:
^
I know people who worship that album but i can't really find nothing special, except for the crazy vocals

Didn't even like the vocals much, I think this album was a bit more effective than sleeping pills for me to be honest haha. But you know, people have different definitions of what exciting, high quality black metal is

battle_axes
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:51 am 

I'm a bit late to the party, but regarding Polish black metal, I would add Mord'A'Stigmata (there were some great mentions by other members IMO). They can be a bit slow, but I really enjoy their atmosphere. I like Ansia a good deal.

Also, add me to the list of people for whom Cultes des Ghoules never clicked. I tried them several times and finally gave up.

And since Morn Of Solace mentioned Hellveto (who I love), apparently Blakagir released a new album the other day. I find it's got more of a Hellveto vibe than any of the Neoheresy albums, which are pretty forgettable for the most part.

HviteGuden
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:55 am 

mike_87 wrote:
Tried Henbane by Cultes Des Ghoules, god how incredibly bland, seems like the blastbeats make a few brief appearances throughout, otherwise full of the same riffs and vocals and much slower parts over and over. Come on give me better suggestions than that

Morn Of Solace wrote:
^

Except the vocals, I like their specific atmosphere, which brings the feel of witches' sabbath and stuff like that.

NoIdolsNoHeroes wrote:

You're welcome. I can't remember exactly the same stuff with ease, but if you just want some recommendations from me, you can check out my RYM profile and sort out albums by the needed years. I'm under the same username there. Too many things to mention.

NoIdolsNoHeroes
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:02 pm 

HviteGuden wrote:
You're welcome. I can't remember exactly the same stuff with ease, but if you just want some recommendations from me, you can check out my RYM profile and sort out albums by the needed years. I'm under the same username there. Too many things to mention.

I'll definitely check your profile there. Have plenty of time to do so now, so I gotta take advantage of that (don't really want to be left behind on all the great stuff that's come out these past few years.)

mike_87
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:11 pm 

What about more french black metal bands similar to the likes of Arkhon Infaustus, Antaeus, Aosoth and so on?

Amosofnlm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:06 am 

Hi folks. Can anyone help me out with some stuff similar to the likes of the title track of Horna's Äänia Yössä or Sonar Dreyri by Trelldom: long, simple, drawn out compositions that are at the same time engaging.

HviteGuden
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:11 pm 

Amosofnlm wrote:
Hi folks. Can anyone help me out with some stuff similar to the likes of the title track of Horna's Äänia Yössä or Sonar Dreyri by Trelldom: long, simple, drawn out compositions that are at the same time engaging.

Try "Marras" by Korgonthurus. Two long, monotonous compositions out there. 20-minutes EP "Dauðafærð" by Pest, which is a single track. Also check out the likes of Drowning the Light "The Haunting of the Black Aristocracy", Nargaroth "Manchmal wenn sie schläft", Forgotten Woods "The Starlit Waters / I, the Mountain", Todesstoss "Sehnsucht".

ingmar birdman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:57 pm 

Amosofnlm wrote:

Branikald, Forest, Drakonhail and Saatkrähe all come to mind.

Amosofnlm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:57 am 

HviteGuden wrote:
Try "Marras" by Korgonthurus. Two long, monotonous compositions out there. 20-minutes EP "Dauðafærð" by Pest, which is a single track. Also check out the likes of Drowning the Light "The Haunting of the Black Aristocracy", Nargaroth "Manchmal wenn sie schläft", Forgotten Woods "The Starlit Waters / I, the Mountain", Todesstoss "Sehnsucht".

The Drowning the Light track is just what I'm looking for. That Nargaroth tune would be a good fit too only one of the riffs comes along and ruins the feel for me. The other tracks, while some of them have very enjoyable passages, didn't grab me in the same way.

ingmar birdman wrote:
Branikald, Forest, Drakonhail and Saatkrähe all come to mind.

Branikald and Forest I'm familiar with though I hadn't heard that Forest album before, it's excellent. Drakonhail and Saatkrahe are new to me but they're good as well, Drakonhail especially. That project will be getting more listens from me.

I'm just seeing that Kaldrad died this year. He'll be missed though he lives on through his music.

Thanks for the recommendations guys. More are welcome too.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:12 pm 

Anyone heard the Feral Spectre demo? Their aesthetics are giving me Mortuary Drape and Negative Plane. Unfortunately I'm a bit knee capped in my music playing options lately. It's not on Spotify.

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:21 am 

If anyone knows some more stuff like this please bring it on:--

HviteGuden
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:12 pm 

sonic_enemy_333 wrote:

Early Abigor albums are quite resembling, I'd say.

mike_87
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:25 pm 

Anyone see my earlier post? Anymore french black metal bands like Arkhon Infaustus, Antaeus, aosoth etc?

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:57 pm 

hmm... vorkreist maybe, although they are a more like black/death. VI comes to mind, and maybe you should check out malicious secrets as well. they have a split album with DSO, antaeus and mütiilation, in my book this is their best material, together with their pure-fucking-evil demo tape.

edit: don't forget to check out malhkebre, this is berzerk's band.
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

miskatonic79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:55 pm 

sonic_enemy_333 wrote:

Prophecies of Pagan Fires is one of my all time favorite bm records. I've been searching years for more shit like it. Off the top pf my head, here is an album very close in sound to early Enthroned and quite good too:

A more distant second is Abazagoroth's debut album:

Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:42 pm 

Any bands that play like later era Immortal (so, At the Heart of Winter and the albums after it)? Rimfrost is one band I know. Any others?

miskatonic79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:47 pm 

Give Havukruunu a try. They're lix a mix of a more raw, later era Immortal, Bathory and Moonsorrow all rolled into one.

Xymosys
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:44 am 

Sepulchrave wrote:
Any bands that play like later era Immortal (so, At the Heart of Winter and the albums after it)? Rimfrost is one band I know. Any others?

Have you ever listened to Iskald? They may be on that Immortal trace...

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/I ... ord/394876

Xenophon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:24 pm 

Sepulchrave wrote:

Vimur - Triumphant Master of Fates reminds me of Abbath-era Immortal (as well as Abbath the band, especially their new album), but with more "expansive" riffs.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:51 am 

Vimur is fucking awesome! It reminds me a bit of the first 2 Cirith Gorgor albums also. Long continuous riffs with a good amount of melody and atmosphere. The drumming is stellar as well. Thanks for mentioning them.

YADF
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:39 pm 

Sepulchrave wrote:

Yeah Rimfrost. This song is the best "Immortal" songs since SOND

Nagash_343
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:03 am 

I don't think this is the proper thread but can you guys recommend to something similiar like this Bandcamp act.
https://noanti.bandcamp.com/album/nihil ... extinction

It's mix of black metal,noise,grindcore and some screamo parts.I really liked noisey parts.Most of the noisey Bm is very raw sounding.I am looking noisey black metal with good production.

Xenophon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:04 pm 

Nagash_343 wrote:
I don't think this is the proper thread but can you guys recommend to something similiar like this Bandcamp act.
https://noanti.bandcamp.com/album/nihil ... extinction

It's mix of black metal,noise,grindcore and some screamo parts.I really liked noisey parts.Most of the noisey Bm is very raw sounding.I am looking noisey black metal with good production.

Wow, those two songs were kinda all over the place. It's like Chaos Cascade, nu metal, Full of Hell, and a bunch of other stuff all thrown in a blender. If they could make all those disparate elements come together more they could make something really interesting. I don't really know what to rec. You're right, there aren't many black metal bands with noise elements that don't also have a raw sound.

Nagash_343
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:07 pm 

Yeah totally agreed.Its insane.Sadly person behind this project seems doesnt really care.I wish he/she will release full lenght album like that 2 song.I will definetly buy it.

Enemylimes
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:33 pm 

Can anyone recommend me bands that sound similar to Root's first album Hell Symphony?

HviteGuden
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:31 am 

Enemylimes wrote:
Can anyone recommend me bands that sound similar to Root's first album Hell Symphony?

That's their second album, the first one is "Zjevení". If you want some Root-like stuff, you gotta check other first wave black metal bands. As for me, the debut full-length album of Master's Hammer and early Tormentor are the most similar.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:25 pm 

Hey folks. Been an age since I posted in the recommendation forum. But I'm looking for stuff that I might have missed from recent years, or maybe even some undiscovered oldies, in the area of black/thrash, blackened thrash, thrashy black metal, whatever you want to call it. This could almost be posted in the thrash topic too, essentially -- I want really riffy, ripping stuff -- with solos would be a bonus. I know, i believe, all the obvious cases. Really digging the new Nocturnal Breed album, so that's an example of the sort of thing I'm after, but something with more lead guitar would be excellent. Again, I've got all the obvious bases covered -- Desaster, Aura Noir, Destroyer 666, Vomitor, Nocturnal Graves, Absu, Zemial, yada yada -- give me something i haven't heard before if you can. Cheers.
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:27 pm 

there's this serbian black/thrash outfit terrörhammer, really good shit. I'd recommend you their vintage black mass 12".
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:18 am 

Many years ago I was really excited about this one:

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/B ... eath/46729

Dunno you probably know it, but just in case.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

brain hammer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:19 am 

Abominatrix wrote:
Hey folks. Been an age since I posted in the recommendation forum. But I'm looking for stuff that I might have missed from recent years, or maybe even some undiscovered oldies, in the area of black/thrash, blackened thrash, thrashy black metal, whatever you want to call it. This could almost be posted in the thrash topic too, essentially -- I want really riffy, ripping stuff -- with solos would be a bonus. I know, i believe, all the obvious cases. Really digging the new Nocturnal Breed album, so that's an example of the sort of thing I'm after, but something with more lead guitar would be excellent. Again, I've got all the obvious bases covered -- Desaster, Aura Noir, Destroyer 666, Vomitor, Nocturnal Graves, Absu, Zemial, yada yada -- give me something i haven't heard before if you can. Cheers.

Inculter - Fatal Visions (2019) immediately comes to mind, if you haven't heard them already. That album rips.

Same deal for Condor - Unstoppable Power (2017).

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:06 am 

Please recommend me tracks with samples of nature! Rain, wind, thunder, field recordings! Thank you

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:46 pm 

Hi,

Please recommend me more stuff like this

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212 ... 231  Next