Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Petrus_Steele
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:16 pm 

ᴎostalgiʞK wrote:
Petrus please see the topic that HouseSpiders linked to you. I added more information about your albums.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=94071

Just saw it. Thanks to you both!

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:56 pm 

ThStealthP is mass removing album line-ups for some reason, and especially the Magwi one he did, I can prove that's the album lineup.

I don't really understand, but I sent him a DM about it.

Edit: I already added the Magwi album line-up back in.

Edit 2: https://www.metal-archives.com/users/ThStealthP

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:01 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=125158

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:17 pm 

Midnightwards666 wrote:
https://forum.metal-archives.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=125158

Mass deleting without checking whether it was guess work can also be bad. I saw that some of the Magwi stuff was indeed guesswork, but I'll go ahead and clean it up accordingly, as I have booklets myself and there are archive sites in Korean that have booklet info available.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:37 pm 

Generally, when a user is habitually dumping band lineups into albums, the prudent course of action is to remove all submissions. It's better to have no lineup than a guessed lineup, he's not doing anything malicious at all. That said, it doesn't hurt to quickly check band websites in the links section in case the guesswork turns out to be correct. Did he remove any lineups that could have been easily verified? He'll probably see the posts here, he frequently reads the forum.

This is a perfect example of why we really need an additional mandatory field where users provide their sources for any line-up submissions. With so many users dumping band line-ups into albums, it's hard to tell what's guesswork and what isn't.

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:44 pm 

Speaking of ThStealthP, has anyone noticed that he's needlessly adding/changing the blurb about what album got a certain band into the Archives? He did it with Whitechapel (just added the blurb when it wasn't there) and changed it for Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Underoath, Cock and Ball Torture, and Infant Annihilator. Here's an example of what he does:

Quote:
Accepted based primarily on the Arc EP.
(before)

Quote:
The band was accepted into the Metal Archives based on Arc.
(after)

Not sure if this is vandalism, it's just unnecessary.

~Guest 318854
Rare Earth Metal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:54 pm 

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
Speaking of ThStealthP, has anyone noticed that he's needlessly adding/changing the blurb about what album got a certain band into the Archives? He did it with Whitechapel (just added the blurb when it wasn't there) and changed it for Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Underoath, Cock and Ball Torture, and Infant Annihilator. Here's an example of what he does:

Quote:
(before)

Quote:
(after)

Cheers, dude. How are you :) ? Really this was all that happened almost 3 months ago with respect to that matter or those changes, if you can, please, check by yourself:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=113462&start=80

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=113462&start=120

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:08 pm 

ThStealthP wrote:
Cheers, dude. How are you :) ? Really this was all that happened almost 3 months ago with respect to that matter or those changes, if you can, please, check by yourself:

Aha.

eviluus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:26 pm 

Can I ask about a certain "group" of updates? Please see the link:

https://www.metal-archives.com/history/ ... ilter/data

I'm referring to the update 3rd from the bottom (modified track 2 data).

And my question is: I've seen such changes dozens of times. But what is the actual value to the site of doing them? It's not correcting title of the track, it's not even correcting the typos. It's only changing all words to begin from capital letters. Do we have any unified rules referring to track (or releases) titles?

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:36 pm 

eviluus wrote:
Can I ask about a certain "group" of updates? Please see the link:

https://www.metal-archives.com/history/ ... ilter/data

I'm referring to the update 3rd from the bottom (modified track 2 data).

And my question is: I've seen such changes dozens of times. But what is the actual value to the site of doing them? It's not correcting title of the track, it's not even correcting the typos. It's only changing all words to begin from capital letters. Do we have any unified rules referring to track (or releases) titles?

It is a valid change to correct incorrect capitalizations
See here:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=93525

eviluus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:42 pm 

PaganiusI wrote:
It is a valid change to correct incorrect capitalizations
See here:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=93525

Yeah, that's what I was looking for. Thanks a lot for providing a source.

GuardAwakening
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:00 pm 

GuardAwakening wrote:
Midnightwards666 wrote:
Ok, so that's two examples. Brian Forgue's artist page and I Declare War's bandpage. Worth keeping an eye on, but it doesn't seem to have become a habit yet. I don't know where he got the information from, but the notes weren't necessarily invalid, he just should have elaborated a bit.

Another thing he keeps doing is he keeps changing Disarticulating Extinguishment's page from "Russia" to "International" over and over again, I've changed it multiple times but he chooses to edit war.
The band FORMED in Russia, it wasn't until they acquired Ukrainian members that they branched out to multiple countries. Like dude it even SAYS that on the page itself.
Here's the history:
https://www.metal-archives.com/history/ ... 3540325290
I apologize I've been bringing this to attention bit-by-bit instead of listing all the disruptions collectively, but I had to recollect on all the times I've encountered unnecessary edits/changes that he makes.

EDIT: oh and btw, here's a THIRD and FOURTH account for his "this band is against racism" edit
https://www.metal-archives.com/history/ ... nd/id/1057
https://www.metal-archives.com/history/ ... 3540357966
Both revisions have been reverted since he added them. But hopefully this is enough stuff for you. He's been doing this and other disruptions a lot more than 2 times.

I hate to keep complaining but he still seems to keep making weird additions like this one
https://www.metal-archives.com/history/ ... on/id/9567
“Jon has Chinese origin”.
Um how are you aware of this? I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure he’s just guessing bullshit at this point.

Even if he is right, I don't understand why he feels the need to keep adding weird trivia to artist's pages.

GuardAwakening
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:23 pm 

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:

Quote:
(before)

Quote:
(after)

This guy does weird stuff ALL the time, like he'll change the notes for albums leaving the producer name when their name is already included in the "other staff" tab like he did here https://www.metal-archives.com/history/ ... /id/273899 (among other places)
And he always edit wars with me with where external band links go like iTunes or Spotify links. I wasn't going to bring up ThStealthP but I figure since other people in here were doing it I might as well raise the other annoyances he's done.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:38 pm 

The joy we get from reporting ThStealthP... this entire page so far is dedicated to him.

Edit wars must be avoided as much as possible. Any disagreement can be settled here. I asked Euthanasiast to cite the source for his modification here, and sent a friendly reminder to ThStealthP to avoid adding redundant information. For future reference and avoidance of more edit wars, iTunes links go under "Official merchandise" as the primary purpose is for listeners to buy/download the artists' music, while music streaming sites like Spotify and Soundcloud go under "Official".

GuardAwakening
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:19 pm 

I just took the liberty of removing some of the stupid "This band is on here because of [album]" stuff he's added to pages (or I changed them back to what a admin originally wrote them as before he rebranded it with his broken English), I did this not only because:
1) Some of them are totally unnecessary (like Whitechapel and Thy Art Is Murder whom are pretty universally accepted as metal bands, so yeah...)
But also because...
2) he's not an admin, so he shouldn't have the right to display such a note or say what band did or didn't get added for a particular album, like how the fuck would he know a band got on here because of a particular album?

He literally outright added these notes (or blurbs as King of Diamons calls them) for Thy Art Is Murder and Whitechapel when there was no note there previous. It seems really out-of-line for a non-admin to do that.

~Guest 318854
Rare Earth Metal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:25 pm 

GuardAwakening wrote:
I just took the liberty of removing some of the stupid "This band is on here because of [album]" stuff he's added to pages (or I changed them back to what a admin originally wrote them as before he rebranded it with his broken English), I did this not only because:
1) Some of them are totally unnecessary (like Whitechapel and Thy Art Is Murder whom are pretty universally accepted as metal bands, so yeah...)
But also because...
2) he's not an admin, so he shouldn't have the right to display such a note or say what band did or didn't get added for a particular album, like how the fuck would he know a band got on here because of a particular album?

He literally outright added these notes (or blurbs as King of Diamons calls them) for Thy Art Is Murder and Whitechapel when there was no note there previous. It seems really out-of-line for a non-admin to do that.

GuardAwakening
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:35 pm 

ThStealthP wrote:
GuardAwakening wrote:
But also because...

Ok, but where does it say that you can add that note to Whitechapel? It doesn't say such a thing. It doesn't say that you can add notes to bands that don't have notes that state that they were "accepted" for a particular album. I guess I'm gonna have to bring this up with Storm again so he can remove your note since you're once again edit warring with me.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:05 pm 

We decided to use a new formatting for such notes for better clarity, and ThStealthP did the work for us. "Accepted based on X album" is ambiguous to a user/visitor who is unfamiliar with our rules, therefore his modifications are valid. He did add some notes himself and I told him to only re-format existing notes, not to add any new ones. Any that he added himself we can get rid of. However, please don't change to the old formatting... if I remember correctly, all the staff who got involved (Stormy, Derigin, Azmodes and me) were in favour of the new formatting.

GuardAwakening
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:40 pm 

Remove the notes he added? I just tried to do that today and he quickly reverted me, all he does is edit war even when it’s stuff he’s not supposed to be doing.... i’m really sick of it.

Last edited by GuardAwakening on Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GuardAwakening
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:45 pm 

Ok I just deleted it (again)
https://www.metal-archives.com/history/ ... /id/100482
I did it even though I really didn’t want to because I really hate doing this back-and-forth crap.

Keep in kind this behavior is absolutely nothing new from him. This is the same bullshit he did when i was changing some of the external links like Deezer to “official” and he’d keep on reverting my edits back to listing them in “official merchandise”.
I don’t know why he always gets some weird idea that he has this admin-like authority of what goes where and then engages in edit war any time someone changes it back.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:57 pm 

On the issues discussed, any more incorrect edits from anyone will lead to trouble. He asked me about the Whitechapel note, and although he shouldn't have added it himself he was convinced the note should be there. I told him to talk to the mods involved in evaluating the band, it was before my time. Same for Thy Art Is Murder apparently, we have one mod in particular who is listening to old releases and will decide if the note is necessary. Until that has happened, both pages should obviously remain free of such a note, but I'm just mentioning that its under investigation so that we're not too shocked if a moderator ever decides to re-add it.

I think the Deezer issue is an old and long resolved issue. You are both capable of being good contributors, but as a collective userbase, we are one big team and work with each other. Working against each other is no way to build the site.

GuardAwakening
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:13 pm 

I think notes like that should only be acceptable if the band is kind a head-scratcher on why they’re here....
On the contrary, I can promise you that nobody is questioning why WC or TAIM are on the site. It’s really stupid to even consider having a note listed there.
The discographies of both bands contain a myriad of metal releases and I’m almost positive if the albums that ThStealthP insists are the reason why they’re here didn’t exist they’d definitely be on here for another album.... so really it’s all just so unnecessary and retarded.

Like damn man..Have notes like that only for bands like Underoath which would actually confuse somebody why they’re included on here, not for bands which are practically universally accepted as metal.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:21 pm 

I believe that's what we do already. Such notes should only be added by moderators and ThStealthP did agree after his notice not to add any more such notes himself. For now (and possibly ever), both bands must remain free of such a note. I'm not the one evaluating their discography, so no comments.

GuardAwakening
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:28 pm 

Someone should also tell him that he needs to stop the edit wars. Id have no problem with the guy if he’d stop reverting my changes whenever they happen to not fall under his designated template of how every band page should be. That’s just what annoys me. Ive contributed since 2012, never seen anyone act like this until him.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:48 pm 

I can let him know that it's best to inform a moderator or post here before getting dragged into edit wars. He probably knows by now, though... and he'll see this post either way. He is learning with time and hopefully the edit wars will become less frequent.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:01 am 

In case one wonders what went on here: https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ev ... 3540398227
I added the line-up to the wrong album, removed it, and then added it to the right album. :/
I'll make it up to you in the future somehow, adding a 100-track grindcore album perhaps. :p

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:40 pm 

Don't worry about it. Such mistakes can happen easily. It's very unlikely anyone would have questionned it anyway.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:55 am 

:)

CosmicChrisTV
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:16 pm 

Hey. I have an artist profile called Chris Schroeder and someone keeps removing the biography. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place, but I just don't want anyone to think I'm purposely trying to break the rules by adding the biography. I noticed that they left one of the trivias I wrote about myself. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Again, sorry if this is the wrong place. I'm still figuring out how the forums work.
https://traumaticserenity.bandcamp.com/
Comedy/Music-Related Videos
https://www.youtube.com/c/ChrisSchroederMUSIC

~Guest 318854
Rare Earth Metal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:26 pm 

CosmicChrisTV wrote:
Hey. I have an artist profile called Chris Schroeder and someone keeps removing the biography. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place, but I just don't want anyone to think I'm purposely trying to break the rules by adding the biography. I noticed that they left one of the trivias I wrote about myself. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Again, sorry if this is the wrong place. I'm still figuring out how the forums work.

If you speak recently, Stormy maybe understood that the biography you gave was unnecessary, perhaps, I would not know what exactly to answer you. SotLB is a great and solid mod.

CosmicChrisTV
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:44 pm 

ThStealthP wrote:
CosmicChrisTV wrote:

If you speak recently, Stormy maybe understood that the biography you gave was unnecessary, perhaps, I would not know what exactly to answer you. SotLB is a great and solid mod.

I'm sure he has his reasons. I'm just gonna leave the biography blank then. Thanks for the quick response.
https://traumaticserenity.bandcamp.com/
Comedy/Music-Related Videos
https://www.youtube.com/c/ChrisSchroederMUSIC

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:22 pm 

ThStealthP wrote:

If you don't know the reasons, why bother giving answer? O.o
That's more comfusing than helpful, so please DON'T do it

~Guest 318854
Rare Earth Metal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:42 pm 

PaganiusI wrote:
ThStealthP wrote:

If you don't know the reasons, why bother giving answer? O.o
That's more comfusing than helpful, so please DON'T do it

Uh, sorry.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:47 pm 

If you speak recently, ThStealthP is a great and solid sorry.

ᴎostalgiʞK
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:54 pm 

Sock puppet as it best?

https://www.metal-archives.com/users/Gh ... 20A%20Bath
https://www.metal-archives.com/users/CheCoola
Ghost and CheCoola voting Blast Bitch in similarity with Cattle Decapitation, Repulsion and Terrorizer
Also Ghost, pappoelriff and CheCoola voting Metaluria in similarity with Enforcer, Judas Priest and Agent Steel
https://www.metal-archives.com/users/Wi ... Armaggedon
https://www.metal-archives.com/users/Kratos%20shadow9
Ghost and Kratos and Wicked voting similarity between Lepergod and Belphegor, Behemoth and Hate
https://www.metal-archives.com/recommen ... 3540431039

I think that Ghost Of A Bath is upvoting bands with multiple sock puppets or maybe is an atrocious coincidence.. What do you think? There are uncountable examples of these (this) user "s"..

EDIT 2: Kratos and Wicked both putting Asspera in similarity with Brujeria what the fuck
https://www.metal-archives.com/recommen ... ndId/81555

Last edited by ᴎostalgiʞK on Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:56 pm 

it's "sock" puppet, as in puppet theatre :)

ᴎostalgiʞK
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:00 pm 

oh wow, I wrote suck puppet, that's weird, I'll edit that, thanks aloof xd.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:52 pm 

None of the IPs match. Might be worth keeping an eye on, but we can't ban any of the accounts unless we can confirm their sock puppetry.

aloof wrote:
If you speak recently, ThStealthP is a great and solid sorry.

The S&C forum was created with productive intentions. Please only make posts that a. make a worthwhile contribution to the site/discussion and b. are respectful towards other users. This post as well as your recent post in this thread failed to meet both criteria. Thanks.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:42 am 

sincere apologies. I was fully aware of what you wrote yet I couldn't help it...

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:52 am 

what for was this version added?
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/M ... ess/793877

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104 ... 120  Next