Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:06 pm 

...not to mention At The Gates, Watain, Mayhem, Katatonia, Midnight, Down, Obituary, Immolation, WITTR, Khemmis, etc. Also a ton of non-metal like Flaming Lips, BRMC, Blonde Redhead, Thursday, Drab Majesty, King Dude.

Bonkers. Probably going to do this instead of Migration.

Xenophon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:20 pm 

Dang, seeing that the Mercyful Fate date is a "2020 US exclusive" is a bit of a letdown, but hopefully they tour here next year.

Kutulu
Tzeentchian Rubric Manipulator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:50 am 

The line up has changed a bit. Also, noteworthy that Danzig will be playing Lucifuge in its entirety.

~Guest 220079
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:03 am 

Coincidentally I'll be in Vegas this weekend and plan on hitting up the 1st night (Emperor headlining). If anyone else is going I'll buy you an overpriced shitty beer.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:46 pm 

The rumor is there will be no international bands playing due to the delta variant and related visa/travel restrictions.

BrutalizerUtilizerOfTheShadows
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:52 pm 

Quote:
Due to the ongoing international travel ban to the United States, the following artists have postponed their appearance to next year’s event and will not be performing this August: Mayhem, MGLA, and Satyricon.

All of these bands have approved visa petitions, but unfortunately their local embassies remain closed or prohibitively backlogged. These artists have been extremely cooperative and made monumental efforts to get here in August, but ultimately we will have to settle with welcoming them to the Psycho Las Vegas 2022 lineup.

Efforts are continuing for Emperor, Watain, Crippled Black Phoenix, Cult of Fire, and Psychlona, who have all petitioned to enter the United States under the National Interest Exception. Please understand that it is unlikely that they will be able to achieve this exception, despite our best efforts.

At this time the request has been made by our United States Congressmen and women, and we are just waiting for the final decision from the different European embassies involved in this matter. The odds are against us, in fact no artist from the Schengen Area has received this exception, but we’re not ready to fold – we’re waiting to see the river.

If the removal of any of the aforementioned bands from this year’s lineup would prompt you to request a refund, we suggest that you do so now. Refunds for all ticket types and tiers are available through a simple online process in your AXS account.

You (or the person who purchased your tickets) will receive an email from AXS with instructions on how to do this. This option is available until 11:59pm on August 5th. If you would like to request a refund after August 5th, you can do so manually by emailing [email protected].

Regardless of what happens with the foreign bands, we’re adding some Psycho favorites to the lineup this week. Stay tuned, we’ll be announcing the new additions along with set times soon.

More information is available on our FAQ at VivaPsycho.com

https://www.theprp.com/2021/08/03/news/ ... -festival/

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:17 am 

Cases are spiking across the country and they're not even requiring masks. There is just no way this isn't going to be a superspreading event.

Edit: they're now requiring masks, thank fuck

Last edited by narsilianshard on Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MeavyHetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:02 pm 

Quote:
WINO STATEMENT

Two evenings ago, I received an email from Psycho Las Vegas, wherein they informed me, and other artists, that this event would require that all people, attendees and artists, wear a mask at ALL times indoors. The exception only being while singing on stage, all non-singing musicians, band members, etc. are required to be masked during the performance. This includes drummers. Also, as soon as the performance is over, artists will be required to re-don masks in backstage, front of house, vip lounges, and common areas. I have dug very deep when researching covid-19 not just on youtube, but in scientific publications, journals, lectures, etc. I BELIEVE THE VIRUS EXISTS, and has been weaponized as has been proven in congressional hearings where the evidence is overwhelming. Our govt (NIH) has been complicit in the financing, and shared scientific lab work creating a SARS based super coronavirus, designed specifically for lethality and easy dissemination amongst the human population. Bio-weapons are nothing new, but in my personal opinion pure evil. Early on in the so called pandemic it was stated by the CDC that PCR tests were inaccurate in determining if one had the virus, because they are designed for individuals who already were symptomatic. The CDC quickly backtracked as it was a desirable test to cause FALSE POSITIVES. Also, the Innova rapid tests have been recalled by the FDA for also giving inaccurate results. Mainstream media did not report this, and these tests are still in use. A paper mask was also first said by the WHO and so called experts to be useless against the virus, then of course the official word was again changed. My personal beliefs are: We are under the authoritarian cloak of a small cadre of unelected so called “elite” who are beyond rich and consequently consider themselves above the common man. This virus I believe was created as a depopulation tool, and the fear associated with it as a means to subjugate and enslave you and I, the common people. I cannot, in good conscious, perform my music in an environment that is designed to take away individuality, civil liberties and free will. I will not be performing this night at Psycho Las Vegas, not out of fear, but principle. If we, the people, continue to blindly accept this tyranny we are destined for enslavement. These are my personal views, but I urge everyone to dig deep. My apologies to my friends and fans, but it’s time to wake up.

Sincerely,
WINO 8/19/2021
Plague Years

Wino is cancelling his appearance on behalf of him being a whacked out conspiracy theorist. :durr:

~Guest 220079
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:41 pm 

Welp, he did do his own research.

Anyhow, assuming we're not still in this shit show this time next year I'll check this out. Again, assuming Emperor, Satyricon, Katatonia etc. are still planning on showing up.

Reply to topic