Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
BuriedUnborn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:15 pm 

Vivian Black apparently died of cancer on September 2017. This update was made by user CBRVE, on 22 January 2020.

I've searched through various different pages twice (back in January and just now) trying to find any source citing Vivian's death but I wasn't able to find anything. She wasn't any personality or well-known, and she had 0 online presence. I have no idea where CBRVE got info on her death, so I'm quite confused and curious, since I've been following this artist for some years now, and I never knew about her death until I randomly stumbled upon it in the archives.

Moshing: Dancing like a madman, perpetrating a frantic and violent dance which consists in jumping and whipping your body against other brainless idiots until you enter an irrational and brutal pyramid of pleasure.

Last edited by BuriedUnborn on Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:28 am 

Asked her to answer your question here.

BlackFlag
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 5:16 am 

Is it a coincidence the user updated the page the day this radio show was aired? (they talk about her around minutes 41-58)
https://www.ivoox.com/territory-radio-2 ... 834_1.html
Maybe I'm wrong, but I cannot hear they say she's dead.

And they didn't either at this short documentary from March this year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXBcP8K1_vY

BuriedUnborn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 2:01 am 

CBRVE didn't even answer to this post or anything, so I don't think Vivian is actually dead, she just disappeared from public light and "has been rumoured dead" but nothing has been confirmed.

Moshing: Dancing like a madman, perpetrating a frantic and violent dance which consists in jumping and whipping your body against other brainless idiots until you enter an irrational and brutal pyramid of pleasure.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 7:22 pm 

Thstealthp was nice enough to ask the film maker in his video channel and you can read his answer in the video comments on the documentary about her. something for the Spanish speaking people, but I bebelieve her death was just a rrumour , caused by her lack of responses for online requests. Shouldn't be the R.I.P. tag removed from her name by a moderator, then?
Here is the full answer by the documentarist:
En ningún momento dije que lo estaba. Dije que no logre encontrarla...Que hacia años que no posteaba nada y que se rumoreaba que había fallecido. Cosa que espero no sea cierta. Nada mas.

~Guest 318854
Rare Earth Metal

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 7:56 pm 

Witcher wrote:
Thstealthp was nice enough to ask the film maker in his video channel and you can read his answer in the video comments on the documentary about her. something for the Spanish speaking people, but I bebelieve her death was just a rrumour , caused by her lack of responses for online requests. Shouldn't be the R.I.P. tag removed from her name by a moderator, then?
Here is the full answer by the documentarist:
En ningún momento dije que lo estaba. Dije que no logre encontrarla...Que hacia años que no posteaba nada y que se rumoreaba que había fallecido. Cosa que espero no sea cierta. Nada mas.

Correctly. He confirmed that he never said that she was dead, only that she wasn't successful finding her because years ago she didn't post anything on her official Facebook page and that it was rumored that she was dead. By the way, he also hopes that this isn't true.

Last edited by ~Guest 318854 on Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 8:04 pm 

That's goodd, thanks a llot. I have already updated her page, but I can't remove the R.I.P. tag next to her name. Maybe a moderator would help us?

~Guest 318854
Rare Earth Metal

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 8:08 pm 

Witcher wrote:
That's goodd, thanks a llot. I have already updated her page, but I can't remove the R.I.P. tag next to her name. Maybe a moderator would help us?

OpsiusCato, maybe.

Last edited by ~Guest 318854 on Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 8:55 pm 

I don't see any tag next to her name. You could try clearing your cache or something?

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 2:43 am 

Opsius wrote her a message just to clarify this. She usually responds to him.

CBRVE
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 5:15 pm 

Hi, Maryan Pozueco on fb tell about Vivian black death in a Argentinian group (she was his patient).

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 5:17 pm 

So, just to be clear, was she like her doctor or something like that?
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 5:58 pm 

Here is the official Facebook of maryan Pozueco. It is certainly the guy mentioned in the post above:
https://www.facebook.com/maryan.pozueco
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPm-66 ... 0JRwQ_HG9w

BuriedUnborn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 1:14 am 

Witcher wrote:
Here is the official Facebook of maryan Pozueco. It is certainly the guy mentioned in the post above:
https://www.facebook.com/maryan.pozueco
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPm-66 ... 0JRwQ_HG9w

I just checked her Facebook posts and in none of them she makes mention of Vivian. I'll ask her if she knows anything (man I'm gonna look like a fucking douchebag), since I don't know in what FB group she posted about Vivian's death.

BuriedUnborn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 1:44 am 

I've just became a terrible person but I can confirm that Vivian Black did in fact pass away.

Reply to topic