Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:20 am 

The idiots are taking over. Amazing an entire town hall meeting, all complaining about having to wear a mask. It's not real, it's a conspiracy, etc etc.

Natskygge
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:48 am 

last_eulogy wrote:
The idiots are taking over. Amazing an entire town hall meeting, all complaining about having to wear a mask. It's not real, it's a conspiracy, etc etc.

All these people, so close to that microphone... :ugh: But hey, "it's over" so if any of them should get sick, it...can be prayed away? Ignored? :tinfoil: Also, do they really think masks are so dense that CO2 can't escape them? If they do, I truly don't want to live on this planet anymore.

An online friend of mine caught covid-19 in late April/early May. It's now been 7 weeks and although they seem to be doing better, it's like the illness still lingers, according to them. Having only just recovered from "just" a cold pneumonia for the last 4 weeks, I can't begin to imagine how they must feel, because I feel like I've been run over by a truck. :|

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:12 am 

Science foils alt-right conspiracy theories yet again. It was discovered that between the outbreak in Wuhan and the much deadlier outbreaks in Italy and the USA, the virus mutated to become much more potent. That completely undermines the conspiracy theory that China deliberately covered up the severity of the outbreak in Wuhan, and the science will as usual have to be ignored to maintain the narrative.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:58 pm 

droneriot wrote:
Science foils alt-right conspiracy theories yet again. It was discovered that between the outbreak in Wuhan and the much deadlier outbreaks in Italy and the USA, the virus mutated to become much more potent. That completely undermines the conspiracy theory that China deliberately covered up the severity of the outbreak in Wuhan, and the science will as usual have to be ignored to maintain the narrative.

You know, those two statements do not preclude each other. The Chinese government could have hidden the severity of the virus initially; and then, the mutation that hit the rest of the world was even worse.
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:00 pm 

Someone I've been working closely with had their test come back positive yesterday, so I went and got tested today, and I'm fully quarantined until I get the results. No symptoms, so I'm hoping for the best.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:04 pm 

I was sort of cautiously trying to go out some more, but now that things are spiking again unfortunately I am scaling way back on that again. Fuck this country's awful haphazard management of this. I am just so angry about it all.

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:08 pm 

"haphazard" is being too kind. The words that come to mind for me are "Absolute, catastrophic bungling, intentionally."

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:52 am 

Trashy_Rambo wrote:
"haphazard" is being too kind. The words that come to mind for me are "Absolute, catastrophic bungling, intentionally."

True enough. I live in Florida and it's all been a clusterfuck here. It is a capitalist hellscape of assholes wanting to dive on any morsel of opportunity.

NorseDave
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:57 am 

droneriot wrote:

It also widely accepted among the official scientific community that the virus was circulating in Europe in November/December. A recent research by the Istituto Superiore di Sanità (the official health institution in Italy, so not some bullshit conpirationist group) just found Coronavirus traces in sewage dated from the first days of December. Even if China didn't screw up deliberately, it is clear that something has gone wrong!

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:28 pm 

There was a huge outbreak in Germany a few days ago because a big company ignored the rules, 1,300 people infected in one company because they all ate together in the same cantina. And because it's a big company and big companies don't want to pay people properly, lots of the workers are from Romania and Bulgaria and many of them went home before they were tested and spread the virus there. The boss of that company said last year the solution to climate change is making Africans stop producing children (which was ruled as "not racist" in a hearing, he's rich after all), so this year he is turning words into action, following his plan of getting rid of poor & darker people.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:02 pm 

Trashy_Rambo wrote:
Someone I've been working closely with had their test come back positive yesterday, so I went and got tested today, and I'm fully quarantined until I get the results. No symptoms, so I'm hoping for the best.

I hope your shit is alright.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:31 pm 

Looking at my provincial stats, and they have covid19 cases broken down into community, sporadic and institutional cases. The latter is easy to understand, but I’m scratching my head over the difference between “community” and “sporadic”; especially when there have been days with a single community case in my hometown. One person is not a community... so this is very confusing.

Pale_Pilgrim
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:14 am 

I live in Atlantic Canada. Soon - presuming this doesn't change at the last second, and I really hope it does - folks from this little easterly cluster of (almost entirely island*) provinces will be allowed to travel to and from one another, willy-nilly... with no mandatory screenings/testing involved. Basically, the idea seems to be that the Atlantic provinces are each and all doing so well apart, why not let them all come together at will?

*I say "almost entirely island provinces" because officially speaking, the island of Newfoundland has had Labrador (which is right next - and on the same land mass as - Quebec) tacked onto it for a number of years. Other than Labrador, Atlantic Canada is all islands.

Yep A series of individual provincial success stories in quelling the tide of a pandemic is apparently going to be "rewarded" with getting as sloppy as possible, 'cause provincial proximity + very few recorded cases of late = party time, I guess. Logic!

My DeviantArt
My old band/project

schizoid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:16 am 

Pale_Pilgrim wrote:
I live in Atlantic Canada. Soon - presuming this doesn't change at the last second, and I really hope it does - folks from this little easterly cluster of (almost entirely island*) provinces will be allowed to travel to and from one another, willy-nilly... with no mandatory screenings/testing involved. Basically, the idea seems to be that the Atlantic provinces are each and all doing so well apart, why not let them all come together at will?

*I say "almost entirely island provinces" because officially speaking, the island of Newfoundland has had Labrador (which is right next - and on the same land mass as - Quebec) tacked onto it for a number of years. Other than Labrador, Atlantic Canada is all islands.

Yep A series of individual provincial success stories in quelling the tide of a pandemic is apparently going to be "rewarded" with getting as sloppy as possible, 'cause provincial proximity + very few recorded cases of late = party time, I guess. Logic!

You better remain indoors. Who knows what horror breathing outside air might bring.

Ill-Starred Son
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:00 am 

last_eulogy wrote:

I just watched this and I would literally want every one of those people to get a bad case of COVID if it weren't for the risk of their passing it on to others. If you are this stupid then you deserve nothing less than getting bitch slapped by the exact same risk that you are in denial about.

Is it just Americans who are this dumb or is it people in other countries too?

I know every country has its' idiots, but I really think that right now when it comes to this (and a bunch of other things too) that we are the worst.

What about the idiot who said that he was a science teacher and that everyone had failed science because they didn't realize that everyone needs oxygen?!?!?!

Sounds like HE failed science!!

Since when does a simple mask made of whatever thin material hospital masks are made of (at best) or a bandanna (at worst) interfere with the quality of oxygen you are getting?!?!?!!

These people are just too stupid to exist.

If I was in the presence of anyone speaking like this in person i would literally have to leave immediately, go home and put on the heaviest blackened grind, brutal death, and extreme metal possible while throwing angry punches at the air until i ran out of energy.

It infuriates me that such stupid people not only exist, but literally have ZERO idea how stupid they are, while negatively effecting everyone around them.

These people are worse than scum, they are idiots of the most dangerous kind and the reason why we have Trump as president now.

It's these morons who have turned what is actually a science issue into a political one.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:13 am 

Hate lazy headlines. "Corona outbreak in Oldenburg", to me as a person from the city of Oldenburg that's about as bad as saying "Corona outbreak in Washington", couldn't hurt to be a little more specific about which one you mean dude. Anyway turns out it's the district of Oldenburg and well away from my city.

Curious_dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:41 am 

Ill-Starred Son wrote:

Nah, there are morons like these in Canada. They are generally less obnoxious and obvious, maybe, than in the US, but we've got 5G-towers burning, anti-mask raging, flat earth believing morons in an alarming number here too. Same bullshit: "COVID is a hoax to control us", "masks are designed to make you sick", "the mean guvment will not tell me, my sister and our kids what to do with our lives" kind of crap.

~Guest 361478
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:40 am 

Curious_dead wrote:
Ill-Starred Son wrote:

Nah, there are morons like these in Canada. They are generally less obnoxious and obvious, maybe, than in the US, but we've got 5G-towers burning, anti-mask raging, flat earth believing morons in an alarming number here too. Same bullshit: "COVID is a hoax to control us", "masks are designed to make you sick", "the mean guvment will not tell me, my sister and our kids what to do with our lives" kind of crap.

We've got the 5G nutters in the UK too - burning towers and deciding that COVID is a Chinese scam perpetuated via Huawei in their tech infrastructure. My favourite tinfoil hatters genuinely believe that COVID spreading is a plot by the lizard folk / hedge funds to kill off old people that voted for Brexit. Total, total insanity.

Liquid_Braino
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:57 am 

The lizard-folks, China, Soros, Bezos, Deep State and spaghetti monsters are part of it, but it all spirals down to one person, Greta Thunberg. There's a reason the carbon footprint/emissions has been declining, stifling the economy.

Greta laughing spreads her wings...oh Lodger!

~Guest 361478
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:20 am 

Liquid_Braino wrote:
The lizard-folks, China, Soros, Bezos, Deep State and spaghetti monsters are part of it, but it all spirals down to one person, Greta Thunberg. There's a reason the carbon footprint/emissions has been declining, stifling the economy.

Greta laughing spreads her wings...oh Lodger!

Of course, Greta is a time traveller, also present in Leni Riefenstahl movies. Honestly :lol:

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:13 am 

Its something nobody talks about that much anymore, but the United States is still at war in Afghanistan. Kind of funny, I wasn't able to find current figures on the cost. I know in December of 2019 it cost the United States about $2 billion a month. I would rather see that money spent on the United States. They money we spend on that waste of space country could easily take care of the unemployment crisis. We would rather wage war, than take care of our own people.

Inkshooter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:36 pm 

My roommate recently took to using the term "anti-masker", in the tradition of "anti-vaxxer". I'm not sure if he came up with it himself but I really like it.

Curious_dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:47 pm 

Inkshooter wrote:
My roommate recently took to using the term "anti-masker", in the tradition of "anti-vaxxer". I'm not sure if he came up with it himself but I really like it.

I, for one, prefer the term "pro-virus". Or "plaguebearers" (they make pappy Nurgle happy!). Same with "anti-choice" instead of "pro-life" (they rarely are truly pro-life).

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:13 pm 

Here's another term that needs to stick: Profa.

If you ain't Antifa, you're Profa.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:54 pm 

I don’t like the way the most common covid masks pull on the ears. So I made mine with a button sewn on one end, and a cut a slit to do up the button on the other end, round behind my head. No discomfort at all! There is really no good reason not to put on a mask.

matras
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:31 pm 

Saw that North Carolina will make it illegal wearing a face mask starting August 1.
But the tangerine fleshbag says that the US has one of the lowest mortality rates in the world, so I guess it's nothing to worry about.

Inkshooter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:09 pm 

matras wrote:
Saw that North Carolina will make it illegal wearing a face mask starting August 1.
But the tangerine fleshbag says that the US has one of the lowest mortality rates in the world, so I guess it's nothing to worry about.

The law against wearing masks in public North Carolina is relatively old, dating back many decades. It doesn't specifically target medical masks, and it was suspended by the state's government. A mask mandate actually did go into effect by the order of their governor.

matras
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:20 pm 

Thanks for the clarification. Still sounds weird to me as an outsider.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:21 am 

schizoid wrote:
Pale_Pilgrim wrote:

You better remain indoors. Who knows what horror breathing outside air might bring.

You better remain in New Zealand. I'd prefer not to be within one degree of internet separation from Typhoid Marty.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Pale_Pilgrim
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:09 am 

schizoid wrote:

Missed this post, stumbled on it tonight while catching up on the thread.

I've been out and about just fine. I wear a mask when in shops, observe social distancing and have been out plenty. Meanwhile, in the last few shops I've been to, way too many people aren't doing either of those things, despite what distancing rules are in place and all the signage posted up in shops re: distancing. Even store staff has proven slack about this at some places I've been to recently. I've seen similar failings re: social gatherings, too. So yes, I'm skeptical to the idea of suddenly (this whole idea came about quite recently) allowing general travel amongst four low case # provinces, with no required screenings on arrival. That doesn't mean I'm some paranoid loon who's remained indoors since lockdown ended in my own province. The condescending input is much appreciated, though.

My DeviantArt
My old band/project

Face_your_fear_79
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:37 am 

Euro Soccer is being played and American baseball will be in two to three weeks. Doesn't seem right too me but what do I know? Apparently not much.

MeavyHetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:21 pm 

I've just found out that my wife (who works as a pharmacy tech) may have been exposed to the virus at her job, and i'm honestly fucking terrified right now that she's going to get seriously sick or worse :(

Earthshine
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:28 pm 

It's infuriating how confident they are. They are 100% confident they are right, even with all the evidence and science they will never be embarrassed by this. Loud, stupid and confident.

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:35 pm 

MeavyHetal wrote:
I've just found out that my wife (who works as a pharmacy tech) may have been exposed to the virus at her job, and i'm honestly fucking terrified right now that she's going to get seriously sick or worse :(

Praying for you and your wife won't get sick from COVID19. Stay safe!

MeavyHetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:56 am 

Hardest part about this so far has been having to isolate myself from my wife for the next two weeks. Really hoping she doesn't come down with this; she had a lot of health problems growing up and while she's mostly overcame them as an adult, i'm still scared that she's going to be especially vulnerable to the virus.

waiguoren
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:41 am 

Crazy how the US is hitting 40-50k cases a day now. Have to wonder what the 2nd wave will be like there, but I'm going to assume disastrous.

Also, finding the news sites very frustrating with their reporting, this mix of garbage science (posting news stories about studies that are far from being peer-reviewed) and conflicting stories (and yes, I realize they/the governments have to create a specific level of fear - don't make them panic, but make them scared enough to listen to us etc - but it's still incredibly annoying).

~Guest 361478
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:53 am 

My employer has sent out face masks to everyone - part of their complicated 'back to work' scheme includes a process by which buildings have one-way systems, daily deep cleaning, everyone is 6 feet apart at all times, no meetings / talking at desks / sharing lunch tables / answering other phones / etc etc etc.

The conclusion that local management have arrived at is 'stay working from home, this is all a massive pain. And we can't figure out how the toilet situation would work'.

Nice that reality intrudes on the paper-based planners, sometimes :lol:

waiguoren
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:07 am 

There's still no one wearing masks in Sweden. I'd say the place has given up, but seeing as it never really started doing much in the first place, that would be too generous of me. With how slow things work here I imagine the government will recommend at the end of 2021 that maybe perhaps some people could consider wearing masks (if the mood takes them).

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:15 am 

The Australian city of Melbourne is now back in lockdown for 6 weeks after a spike in coronavirus cases. People are back to panic buying there. Where I live is still all good but there might be a second wave coming.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:04 am 

Yeah remind me to log on to Facebook messenger and find that Aussie from Melbourne who two months ago was running his mouth about how shitty Europe is doing with the coronavirus...

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 38  Next