Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:47 pm 

I'm evicted by the way and waiting to be homeless ordered by court, my father is in the hospital with both kidneys failing and hanging on to life, my dog has cancer, and I was evicted because my brother went crazy and stole a lot of my money, and that's why I stayed away from the forum for a few days because I didn't want to tell Jonpo what a snowflake piece of shit he is for claiming his father being a moderate is the biggest problem ever, but I'm hanging on, and I'm sure there'll be some way to resolve this fucking shit situation, and I don't hold any grudge against Jonpo for inadvertently (sp?) offending me with his most first world possible problems at a time every fucking thing in my life is in total death mode, I'm hanging on, things are how they are. None of this is my fault, I was working normally, my psycho employer decided to do some weirdo tricks on me to withhold payment, then German collection agencies jumped in to increase my debt tenfold from thin air, that's how it works in Nazi Germany, and now I am where I am. And I can't even worry about my dad being a moderate because he's in the hospital fighting for his life. I don't hold a grudge towards anybody's totally pathetic problems, and I am not going to mention again how totally pathetic they are after tonight if I survive the next two days, but I'm probably going to disappear after tonight (the eviction) and not be motivated to post again for a while (my father dying) or even want to (my dog dying who saved my life). Not to mention that in 2015 I met a girl in Netherlands who lived in France at the time, and she was a Brazilian national, and we spent a lot of time together and were in love with each other badly, and she's been stuck in Brazil since the virus and no chance to be together again even though we wanted to marry, yeah, well, all that is totally harmless compared to someone being a moderate. So I'm fine, everything in my life points to certain death, but at least nobody I know is a moderate, so at least in the Jonpo scale of bad things everything is completely fine. And I want to again reiterate that if somehow I survive this shit I won't hold a grudge against Jonpo simply for the bad timing about whining about the most first world of snowflake problems when everything is total death for me, I cannot hold a grudge for something said person cannot know anything about, I just mention his name for the irony and it's not meant personally but seriously you guy think about people who are losing their jobs and losing their apartments and losing their families and seriously who gives a fuck about someone being too moderate and once again, addressed at Jonpo, I didn't want to make this post about you, but fuck, there are many many millions of people for who everything is turning to shit right now in this global disaster and someone being more moderate than you is about 0.000000000001% as big a deal as you think compared to that. Another one for the foe list I guess.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:53 pm 

Whoa.

I'm really sorry about all the hardships in your life right now drone. I've never had any personal issues with you and I didn't realize my post about my dad had touched off such a reaction. I try not to use the FFA for journal posts but I guess I fell victim to it this time. I never meant to paint my situation as the worst thing in the world. Just a bad family dynamic I'm trying to figure out.

Obviously your issues are much larger and more oppressive. I can only hope the best for you and yours. I'm deeply sorry that I've made it worse. I had no idea I was the dumbfuck troll!

Last edited by Jonpo on Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:55 pm 

I'll say another time that it's not nearly meant as personally as it came out, the whole shit was just happening to me as you were having your breakdown about your father being a moderate. Maybe if you think about it you can understand, it is not meant in any way against you, it's meant against all the things that are happening to me for the last few weeks and I genuinely wish I had more normal and less life-threatening things to worry about.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:01 pm 

Uh, roger that, I'll be sure not to take it personally. I apologize that my post was so upsetting. It's a great reminder to me never to post about my personal life here.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:04 pm 

Like a brief description of the evicition situation: I have a nice apartment with two rooms, a kitchen and a bathroom. A long time friend of my brother's lost his apartment before Corona, in Germany if you lose your apartment you have three months to find a new apartment, but then Corona happened, and looking at new apartments was banned. So my brother asked me for his friend, who I've also known for a long time, if I could give him my spare room, and I said okay. Said friend was unemployed, so we made up a contract that the government would pay his half of the rent to my brother because I didn't have a bank account at the time because I was having issues with my employer and collection agencies trying to profit off the issues with my employer. Okay. Then in that time I cut off my employer who was really bad at paying me for my work because somehow large corporations in Germany can do whatever they want and don't face legal consequences. So I had to go to the unemployment office too and ask them to pay me, and they would as they are supposed to, but because they already knew all my personal data from the other guy moving in, they'd only pay me half the rent, the other half would go to my brother. And my brother randomly went crazy and decided he is entitled to keep all of it and I shouldn't get any of it, so I couldn't pay my rent anymore. And what the fuck, suddenly I'm in this situation for things I had absolutely no fault in. And how could I possibly fight back either way, I could either go against my own brother, which I don't want, or go against a corporation, which I don't stand a chance against. So I'm fucked for trying to do a nice thing for a long time friend. What a great developed first world county we are.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:05 pm 

No Jonpo post about your life all you want, you had absolutely zero way of knowing about the fucked up timing with some random other regular user.

Note that two months ago before all this bullcrap happened to me I'd have totally cheered on your post for your dad's indecision on very important things, but since I personally experienced that some assholes want to do shark tank capitalism in the middle of global catastrophe I changed my mind about what is the number one thing we should exorcise from our society.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:07 pm 

http://blog.nuclearsecrecy.com/2020/06/ ... -bombings/

This post is worth reading. It's a nuclear historian underlining a few of the many ways that journalists haven't caught up to the documentary record for the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings. I read this when it came out a few weeks ago and was going to post it then, but in light of the fact that today is the 75th anniversary of the Trinity test I guess today is as good a day as any, and also a great time to prepare yourself to preempt the misconceptions we will all inevitably come across in the coming weeks' Hiroshima/Nagasaki anniversaries.

Basically: very soon there are going to be a lot of bad takes from media who are otherwise trustworthy, because they haven't done their nuclear homework.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:13 pm 

Just to state the obvious: Jonpo is, essentially, the second most likable person on this board ever. The most likable one was Josephus, who posted here in the late 16th century, and I still miss him. He was, like, 1.1 times a Jonpo. If that is possible.

droneriot, take it easy. We all get a lot of shit in life, especially now, but all of it is transitory. Things will get better.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:29 pm 

I remember and miss Josephus. And now I remember all the other good ones who no longer post, damn you.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:21 pm 

Napero wrote:
Just to state the obvious: Jonpo is, essentially, the second most likable person on this board ever. The most likable one was Josephus, who posted here in the late 16th century, and I still miss him. He was, like, 1.1 times a Jonpo. If that is possible.

droneriot, take it easy. We all get a lot of shit in life, especially now, but all of it is transitory. Things will get better.

I know it is how it is. Can't describe how dire it is right now, but I can describe that I'll still be around in years to come to tell about it, somehow. But you gotta imagine reading a post like "omg my dad is a moderate" the same day you get a letter being thrown out of your apartment while your father is dying and your dog has cancer, I definitely did not want to aim anything at Jonpo but fuck that timing.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:47 pm 

Damn, droneriot. None of that sounds good. All the best, mate.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

~Guest 454771
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:15 am 

Post 500.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:43 pm 

After over a week, German police caught the guy in the Ensiferum shirt who disarmed four cops and ran into the forest with their weapons. Sweet Home Alemanha.

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:45 pm 

After reading a bunch of negative reviews for it on the main site, I just listened to an album called "Worship me or die" by The Great Kat. Even though the vocals are horrid and there's an overabundance of wheedly shredding, unfortunately it's very catchy (dammit, ME-TAL! ME-TAL! ME-TAL! ME-TAL! is still stuck in my head, and I've only heard it once). Guess I have to commend it for doing that.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:48 pm 

I can't make any sense of the negative reviews. It's an awesome album.

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:58 pm 

droneriot wrote:
I can't make any sense of the negative reviews. It's an awesome album.

I will also say that the guitar tone is fantastic.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:03 pm 

About my previous posts, my father has been transferred out of the intensive care unit into a normal hospital bed tonight, dodged a serious bullet there. But no real diagnosis yet, they don't know what's wrong with him, just that he's stable and okay for now.

My landlord gave me an extension for two weeks and threatened me again, but the problem for him now is that I already reported him to the tenant protection association with pictures of half the power outlets here catching on fire and the poor quality of the house in general, so I don't think it will end well for him. I'm usually a pretty peaceful and passive guy and don't want any trouble, so I'm not usually one to confront people like that, but after the numerous threats I think I will see this through with the landlord in jail.

gasmask_colostomy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:44 am 

droneriot wrote:
About my previous posts, my father has been transferred out of the intensive care unit into a normal hospital bed tonight, dodged a serious bullet there. But no real diagnosis yet, they don't know what's wrong with him, just that he's stable and okay for now.

My landlord gave me an extension for two weeks and threatened me again, but the problem for him now is that I already reported him to the tenant protection association with pictures of half the power outlets here catching on fire and the poor quality of the house in general, so I don't think it will end well for him. I'm usually a pretty peaceful and passive guy and don't want any trouble, so I'm not usually one to confront people like that, but after the numerous threats I think I will see this through with the landlord in jail.

Drone, this sounds like the right direction and I hope it continues for you. There are some moments in life when we have to fight, even though we don't want to.
the dismal stench of The Chicken Bone Gallows on the Plains of Mediocre Desolation was unleashed upon the unsuspecting world by the unholy rusty lawnmower molester horde that is Satan's Prenuptial Charcuterie from the endless field of tombs that is Butthill, Alabama

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:33 pm 

Well in the end I cut a deal with the landlord, I stay here in exchange for not taking it to court. Both win in a way, or at least lose less, because going to court would look bleak for him, but apartments are also nearly impossible to find in the current crisis so leaving would also look bleak for me.

My dad will get released from the hospital at the end of the week if his next test results look fine. Seems like it was a virus infection that overwhelmed his kidneys.

Next up is gathering the cash to cut that tumour out of that dog of mine. It doesn't hurt her and the vet said it's mostly a harmless lipoma with only a small part of malignant material in it, so it isn't an urgent life or death thing, but it still needs to be taken care of because a small part of malignant material doesn't stay small forever.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:36 am 

So Michael Brooks of The Majority Report is fucking dead. I can't believe it.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Unorthodox
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:08 am 

Yeah that was really sad to hear. My grandfather also passed today, so it's been a double whammy shit-tiered day :(. I hope the reasons he died come out, he was only 37. Way too young to pass.

matras
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:23 am 

Droneriot: glad things are going in the right direction for you. Hope it stays on that path.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:31 am 

Unorthodox wrote:
Yeah that was really sad to hear. My grandfather also passed today, so it's been a double whammy shit-tiered day :(. I hope the reasons he died come out, he was only 37. Way too young to pass.

Family death is much worse than a political commentator. Sorry for your loss.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Unorthodox
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:35 am 

Thanks mate :). It was one of those things that was a long time coming, but it still hurts when it actually happens.

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:36 am 

Last edited by ~Guest 2944 on Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:45 am 

On the positive side, I didn't care when my grandfather died, not even my mom was sad about her father dying, so be glad you had a grandfather who meant something for you. Having more good people than bad people in the family means more mourning when they pass but it's still a lot better to have more good people than bad people.

@last_eulogy: Read his post again, I got confused at first too but untangled it after a few seconds.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:52 am 

Both of my grandparents died, one died of Alzheimers so he was already dead for years prior, the other died a year ago and that was a bit of a shock.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:03 am 

I think even when it's a long time coming it can still be a bit of a shock. My paternal grandmother held on with her Alzheimer's and Parkinson's for two decades even though she was completely non-functional, at some point we felt she'd outlive us all because it seemed impossible how she'd just keep going year after year, so it was definitely unexpected when she finally passed. With her people were glad when she did not because she was a bad person in any way but because she definitely went to a better place, what she had for decades wasn't life at all, just perpetual suffering.

Unorthodox
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:31 pm 

droneriot wrote:
On the positive side, I didn't care when my grandfather died, not even my mom was sad about her father dying, so be glad you had a grandfather who meant something for you. Having more good people than bad people in the family means more mourning when they pass but it's still a lot better to have more good people than bad people.

@last_eulogy: Read his post again, I got confused at first too but untangled it after a few seconds.

Very valid point. And yeah- I kind of put out word salad in that previous post, so my bad :lol:

darkeningday wrote:
Both of my grandparents died, one died of Alzheimers so he was already dead for years prior

This is sort of what happen to my grandfather. He had a massive stroke about 22 years ago and just wasn't the same guy since. Not to say he was completely gone, but he lost like a quarter to half of his mental capabilities and declined from there. Frankly, it's pretty damn amazing he was able to continue living for another 22 years.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:24 pm 

There were exactly 430 discrete times and events that were The Height of the Cold War™

~Guest 454771
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:34 pm 

and counting.

~Guest 193166
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:58 pm 

I’m taking this moment to publicly apologize for the havoc caused during my last binge. It should have never happened in the first place. It takes a while to learn.

~Guest 361478
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:50 pm 

Today is day one of "Operation: No Political Online-Internet Timewasting (Op: NOPOINT)"

So far I've watched an episode of 'Derry Girls', 'Skyscraper' (because The Rock is like the Elyze Ryd of movies), and currently part of Keanu's Dracula movie with my wife.

THEN

If we're lucky and the British weather co-operates, we're going to get out & try to spot the NEOWISE comet (we live quite remotely, so no light pollution).

Anyone else have anything good going on / planned tonight ?

~Guest 361478
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:57 am 

Update - did not see comet due to traditional cloud-and-drizzle.

Has anyone managed to get a look at it ?

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:32 am 

Two days ago skies were so clear I could see the Milky Way (medium light pollution area so it's a treat when it happens) but no comet, think I was out at the wrong time since I didn't check first what times it is visible.

~Guest 361478
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:54 am 

droneriot wrote:
Two days ago skies were so clear I could see the Milky Way (medium light pollution area so it's a treat when it happens) but no comet, think I was out at the wrong time since I didn't check first what times it is visible.

Yeah it's a strange one - either really late evenings after sunset, or at dark o'clock in the morning just before sunset, south of the handle of The Plough. Depending on your latitude it's either midway between the horizon & the constellation, or juuuuust above the horizon line.

Hoping for better luck tonight, the rainclouds are blowing away !

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:02 am 

On your island about Manchester/Liverpool latitude-wise.

Tekdeth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:19 pm 

Just when I thought that Pestilence would have a member (besides Mameli) that plays on two consecutive albums they have a new drummer.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:17 pm 

How is Pestilence still a thing? At this point there are probably bigger audiences at Threatin shows.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:38 am 

I've seen Pestilence a couple times since the first comeback and I have to say at the current comeback is the best version I've seen.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256 ... 332  Next