Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
SmallPoxie
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:33 pm 

The question is simple! Have you visited OEF?
And also, do you have any anecdotes or stories to tell from the fest?

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:30 pm 

This part of the forum is pretty slow, you might have better luck at the OEF official forum or facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ObsceneExtreme
https://www.obsceneextreme.cz/en/forum

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:41 pm 

I was supposed to go this year *cries insistently* Uncolored has been, you could try asking him

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Crystal_Logic
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:23 am 

The lineup always look good, but I don't think I can be bothered dealing with the crowd.

STDizzle
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:00 am 

Hi there, I've attended the 2018 and 2019 editions.

It's the only time I've left the UK for gigs, and probably the best reason to do so.

All the videos you see of stupid antics and ridiculous bands are entirely accurate. When the booze is that cheap there's not really any alternative! There's also the fact that the fest can be exhausting in every possible way; Bands play on one stage from 10am to 3am for three days, with very little changeover between them. It's relentless, and the European heat can really drain you.

OEF is also the first time I decided to try going out in drag; I figured that I've seen too many dudes at festivals in shitty, ill-fitting dresses so I figured that I'd give it a real go, and the response was amazing! The best one was when a couple of dudes I'd met while dressed up didn't recognise me when I was in my regular outfit, that was a good feeling. You also get offered more alcohol when you're in a strappy top and booty shorts, who'd have known?

But the quality of line-up is fantastic every time, and the bands are more than happy to hang around the fest and chat to you. I met the guys from Viscera Infest last year after having my face properly melted by their live show, just for example. I also really love how far-reaching OEF looks for bands, I think I've seen bands from every continent save for Antarctica play on that stage!

The food is all vegetarian which works super well for me, and the market always has some amazing finds and great deals (Gorerotted picture disc is what sticks in my mind).

Next year they've got Dismember, PxDx, Incantation and Godflesh which alone can justify me making the trip again and to encourage anybody else to join me!

Reply to topic