Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Ill-Starred Son
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:28 pm 

droneriot wrote:
Well we'll see about the United States. Now that Trump's incompetence got the virus nicely established in the Southeastern United States, a hurricane season that already broke over half a dozen records (soon with the first ever G-storm in July) is really warming up. What's it gonna be with anti-mask activists when people have to stay at emergency shelters?

What's a "G-storm"?

Is it really supposed to be a bad storm season in the U.S. and if so, when does it start?

I'm in New York and it's been super hot here lately and i know there's going to be a storm tonight so maybe that's the start of it.

I still can't believe how stupid so many Americans are.

I mean, we aren't all like this, but lots of Trump supporters are.

I hope to god he's not re-elected. His election has proven to me that America is a far more sinister place then i'd ever believed and i think he's just brought all the idiots and nut jobs out of the wood work. He basically represents to me the very worst of what America has to offer and none of the best, and he's directly contributed to this virus not being handled properly and countless deaths.

Ill-Starred Son
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:29 pm 

darkeningday wrote:
America's wang will be underwater by the end of the century anyway. Might as well start practicing now.

LOL at calling Florida "America's wang" haha.

It pretty much is, and it's very infected with a lot of the worst shit out there, so it makes perfect sense.

A lot of the best death metal also came from "America's wang" though, so there is that going for it.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:51 pm 

Ill-Starred Son wrote:
What's a "G-storm"?

The seventh named tropical cyclone of the season, starting with the letter G. And it formed today, tropical storm Gonzalo. Seems like the first ever H-storm before August is about to form today or tomorrow as well. As far as early formations is concerned this season is beating all the 2005 records.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

oneyoudontknow
Cum insantientibus furere necesse est.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:53 am 

droneriot wrote:
And it formed today, tropical storm Gonzalo.

I do not know, but this confuses me:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Gonzalo
Maybe I am not getting certain things in terms of naming a tropical storm or Hurricane.

My website which contains reviews as well as interviews:
https://adsol.oneyoudontknow.com
My podcast:
https://adsolmag.bandcamp.com/

~Guest 361478
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:55 am 

First world problems I know, but the current Corona-argument in Britain is about statistics - turns out that not only are the four different layers of government for our tiny island all doing different things (Local, regional, national, devolved) - the 'macro' bodies can't even agree on a correct count of cases or deaths.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/21/analysis-why-englands-covid-19-death-toll-is-wrong-but-not-by-much

Given that they can't get the figures straight, they're just leaving it up to the media to have a crack at it. Which is wonderful - the Scottish press are saying that it's stopped magically at Berwick-on-Tweed, the English press are still in 'We beat the Blitz, we'll beat this' mode, and the national papers are all flapping around calling each other names.

Honestly :lol:

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:31 am 

oneyoudontknow wrote:
Maybe I am not getting certain things in terms of naming a tropical storm or Hurricane.

Storm names are reused every few years, I think it was every six years. Unless the names are retired, which usually happens with "traumatic" storms like Katrina, retired names are never used again, non-retired names are used over and over again.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:57 am 

jimbies wrote:
Well, for about 4 days now, I've had a very dry cough. In the last 48 hours, I've had some chest tightness and even some actual pain directly in my breast bone.

I'm a very active person (45 minute workout every morning, 5km run and usually a 10-12km walk throughout the day), and I've had no issues with fatigue or becoming more winded during these activities. There have been a total of 25 cases in my city of 74,000 people from March until today, and no known active cases. Having said all this, I am not a hypochondriac and don't worry much about stuff, but the cough has gotten a little worse, so I got swabbed today.

It was a complete fiasco to get done (so much red tape and unnecessary bullshit), but the test itself is very easy and I didn't even feel it/my eyes didn't water. I guess now comes the hard part of waiting for 4 days for the results.

I hope everything turns out well for you.

Not getting tested is my way out of that brutal four day Wait of Hell.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:08 pm 

And as I long saw coming, quickly letting corporate misanthropes and antihuman landlords return to shark tank capitalism is driving ever increasing infection rates in Germany and no one should be surprised if this country turns out to be the new hotspot in Europe.

Ludicus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:08 am 

Due to population ignorance and recklessness, we're also seeing huge daily increases in Romania. I've heard so many absolutely moronic conspiracy theories, I just lost any hope in the future.

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:58 am 

Update:

My test came back negative, which of course is absolutely great news. Now I'm a little frustrated because my cough still hasn't gotten any better and I'm nervous of a "false-negative". I'm going to continue to self-isolate for a few more days. If it gets any worse or is still hanging around by Thursday or Friday, I suppose I'll go get another test?

So crazy. Any other point in my life, I would have never even thought twice about this kind of cough.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:14 am 

It's funny though that the symptoms you described are exactly what I had about a month ago, especially the pain directly in the chestbone connected to coughing made me raise an eyebrow. Maybe there's so much focus on Covid that we don't realise there's something else less deadly/infectious going around.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:24 am 

Just read an article about Starr County in Texas that didn't have a single coronavirus case until governor Abbott (dear Texans, before you vote for someone with that name, ask an Australian) lifted all restrictions and since then the local hospital has been so overwhelmed that staff has to decide by committee (sp?) who gets treatment, who gets to live and who has to die. Starr County is also currently directly in the projected path of hurricane Hanna. That's some really apocalyptic stuff.

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:02 pm 

droneriot wrote:
It's funny though that the symptoms you described are exactly what I had about a month ago, especially the pain directly in the chestbone connected to coughing made me raise an eyebrow. Maybe there's so much focus on Covid that we don't realise there's something else less deadly/infectious going around.

Yeah, no kidding. The other thing is, most common colds/flus have kinda been minimized by people finally practicing proper hand hygiene (I've been a hyper germophobe my whole life. I've been carrying hand sanitizer with me for years). I also think people aren't really talking about/posting on social media about when they have a common illness due to the hysteria.

It's 40 degrees celsius where I live today, and I was outside for a bit and was having difficulty breathing, so I'm wondering if I have pneumonia or something else.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:20 pm 

jimbies wrote:
Update:

My test came back negative, which of course is absolutely great news. Now I'm a little frustrated because my cough still hasn't gotten any better and I'm nervous of a "false-negative". I'm going to continue to self-isolate for a few more days. If it gets any worse or is still hanging around by Thursday or Friday, I suppose I'll go get another test?

So crazy. Any other point in my life, I would have never even thought twice about this kind of cough.

Dude, I'm in the same boat as you. I've had a weird cold with headaches, my temperature is 37.5ºC, coughing and my mouth tastes weird. I've been like this for 3 weeks, tested negative, nobody around me has any of my symptoms... not sure what to think. It's 35-40ºC around here and it doesn't help either.

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:50 am 

Goddamn it. I hope you feel better soon. Have you had more than 1 test done? I'm thinking of having a second one done, but someone I was in close contact with numerous times just before, and at the onset of my symptoms also tested negative, and she has zero symptoms.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:22 am 

jimbies wrote:
Goddamn it. I hope you feel better soon. Have you had more than 1 test done? I'm thinking of having a second one done, but someone I was in close contact with numerous times just before, and at the onset of my symptoms also tested negative, and she has zero symptoms.

I only did one test. I should have probably done a second one but I'm in the same situation as you are, I live in close contact with more people with zero symptoms and negative tests so I didn't push any further for a second test. The coughing is mostly gone after 2 weeks. My mouth still tastes funny but I feel better, thanks. You symptoms seem more severe than mine though, here's hoping it's nothing.

I honestly don't know what to think. I mean, at least in my case if there was only coughing I'd probably not give it a second thought and I'd quarantine myself for 15 days just in case but the bad mouth taste is what really bugs me. Maybe I'm just paranoid?

oneyoudontknow

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:49 am 

A video on the (supposed?) manipulation of the data of Covid-19 cases in the US:

But is it not the John Hopkins University that is aggregating and spreading the data as well?

My podcast:

Unorthodox
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:38 am 

Nah the CDC was the main place where data was aggregated, and it looks like the data on John Hopkins' site is exactly what this guy was showing.

I don't know what people in the executive branch are expecting. If the data stops showing that there's cases but the cases start rising exponentially, then reality will simply not reflect the data. Maybe people in red states are so stupid that they can't see what's going on right in front of them when that time comes- wouldn't be the first time trumpland surprised me with its sheer stupidity.

Curious_dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:02 am 

Unorthodox wrote:
Nah the CDC was the main place where data was aggregated, and it looks like the data on John Hopkins' site is exactly what this guy was showing.

I don't know what people in the executive branch are expecting. If the data stops showing that there's cases but the cases start rising exponentially, then reality will simply not reflect the data. Maybe people in red states are so stupid that they can't see what's going on right in front of them when that time comes- wouldn't be the first time trumpland surprised me with its sheer stupidity.

They count on people who live far from any pandemic hub. If you live in a place that doesn't have a lot of cases, it's hard to understand what the fuss is about, even for regular people; for people who would rather believe Trump's words than the evidence in front of their eyes, it's even harder. So if the data doesn't show cases, deaths, hospitalizations, etc., Trump or a Trumpling can say "We're now Corona free" and they'll believe it, and when we point to articles or reports about how the situation in X state is catastrophic, they'll dismiss it as fake news. That's where the US are right now in terms of partisanship and trust in actual sources.

Of course, this plan might (hopefully) blow in their faces when Texas orders more morgue trucks because they expect they won't be able to keep up, when States start sending people to die back home (literally) or when Church gatherings lead to important spikes in cases, such as in Alabama.

Unorthodox
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:29 pm 

Curious_dead wrote:
They count on people who live far from any pandemic hub.

Good point, and since the rural areas are basically who put him in office in the first place, it makes sense to work on convincing these people that libs are just "making this shit up".

Curious_dead wrote:
Of course, this plan might (hopefully) blow in their faces when Texas orders more morgue trucks because they expect they won't be able to keep up

Exactly :ugh: wonder how that will go down. Modern civilization is so disconnected from death because we can simply hide death from the public eye. But the minute there's a staggeringly high amount of death, it becomes harder and harder to simply cover up.

"Hm.. wonder why there's been all these U-hauls outside the local hospital for the last few weeks?"

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:06 pm 

I'm not much of a spiteful person actually but sometimes poetic justice has its appeal.

Quote:
A Texas congressman who is often seen around the Capitol without a mask has tested positive for coronavirus.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53588843

The funny part however is the mental gymnastics he performed to explain it:

Quote:
He also gave an interview in which he questioned whether his mask was to blame for infecting him.

"I can't help but wonder if by keeping a mask on and keeping it in place, I might have put some germs - some virus - on to the mask and breathed it in," he told Texas station KETK.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:23 pm 

The idea that wearing a mask itself will get you sick but not wearing one won't get you sick is such a uniquely American way of confirming how much of a fucking idiot someone is.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:13 pm 

droneriot wrote:
Quote:
A Texas congressman who is often seen around the Capitol without a mask has tested positive for coronavirus.

*crosses fingers*

CRENSHAW CRENSHAW NO WHAMMIES NO WHAMMIES CRENSHAW!

droneriot wrote:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53588843

Awww
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Unorthodox
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:26 pm 

Shucky Ducky died of coronavirus.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:30 pm 

Since I imagine a lot of their audience also takes what Stella Immanuel says seriously, I would like to think that Herman Cain and Bill Montgomery died from demon intercourse.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:33 pm 

I dunno, were they wearing a mask? Because those are what makes people get the virus.

MeavyHetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:25 pm 

A vast majority of the people in my family (both on my side and my wife as well) are avid Trump supporters who are totally against Fauci. My cousin even tried to convince me that Fauci doesn't know what he's talking about because he supported the use of chloroquine against SARS-CoV back in 2005, even though SARS-CoV is different from COVID-19, yet they will blindly listen to a man who stared directly into the sun during an eclipse :durr:

Anyone else here in a similar situation where almost everyone in your family worships Trump like a cult while ignoring actual scientific evidence, while you feel entirely alone for not believing in these bullshit conspiracy theories?

Unorthodox
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:05 pm 

My family is pretty much the standard generational divide of libs with the older bunch mostly being a bunch of neolibs and the younger being progressive (my mom and dad are actually the only ones of the older who voted Bernie during the primaries, pretty cool I guess). But that said, I live in a predominately republican area, so I've regularly had to put up with their illogical bullshit all my life.

Just had a friend a few days ago make a social media post on how a "4% death rate is not that big" and another post on how the protesters in Portland are exactly like ISIS. Idk, you do you buddy, not much I can say to convince you otherwise, because if you're making arguments like that you clearly aren't open for a discussion. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:16 pm 

This weekend we get the next Covid-19 hotspot in the USA to be hit by a hurricane. At least California seems to be spared by an apocalyptic fire season so far this year. There's already too many people losing their homes due to shitty GOP politics, disasters destroying the homes of people who aren't evicted are really not helping.

-aaaand a later edit- Okay and just a few hours after posting the above I see the news about the SoCal heat wave.

oneyoudontknow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:19 am 

https://medium.com/indica/the-plague-states-of-america-53b20678a80e

The possibilities of travelling has changed considerably for the US citizen.

My podcast:

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:07 am 

Rest assured guys, Germans are officially a lot more retarded than Americans.

(Ten thousand strong conspiracy theorist demonstration in Berlin declaring coronavirus a hoax.)

(The prominent Canadian and Chilean flags in the foreground are the only sliver of redemption we have as a people.)

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:41 am 

Non Political update:

My symptoms seem to have diminished considerably. I'd say I'm 90% better. I still get a little congested at night sometimes, but for 14 hours of the day, I feel 100% normal. I don't think I'm going to get a second test done at this point.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:31 pm 

Ah police said there were 20,000 at the idiot rally.

oneyoudontknow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:44 pm 

Quote:
Denkpflicht statt Maskenpflicht.

Google translate (because it is late): Duty of thought instead of mask duty
I do not even know how to respond to this ... utterly bizarre.

My podcast:

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:10 pm 

For comparison, same day in Erfurt 400 people protested against racist violence in the city, people spread apart and masks everywhere:

Spoiler: show

Prigione Eterna
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:10 pm 

At least you've had few deaths.
Italy is among the countries who've had the most and Salvini was doing selfies in the streets in the middle of it all.
Of course now that the storm seems to have subsided, he has discovered that the virus wasn't so bad after all, it's all a plot to prevent him from winning the elections and the real problem are illegal immigrants.
His ass may be dumb, but he ain't no dumbass.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:01 am 

jimbies wrote:
Non Political update:

My symptoms seem to have diminished considerably. I'd say I'm 90% better. I still get a little congested at night sometimes, but for 14 hours of the day, I feel 100% normal. I don't think I'm going to get a second test done at this point.

Glad to hear it.

MeavyHetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:10 pm 

Just had a coworker's son test positive. Waiting now to see if they test positive as well.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:15 pm 

https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/ ... sVqcTE5KuU

Here's a Tweet thread from a Washington Post reporter who amassed a bunch of stories from Reddit about people trying to survive in America amid a pandemic and a government that doesn't give a fuck.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:45 pm 

The guy who talked about getting wiped out by rent despite getting the extra $600 a week and now not being able to afford his insulin is going to die. There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. This person is going to be dead, and there isn't anything that can be done about it unless he miraculously gets enough money to afford it. Also, reading a couple days back into that reporter's Twitter feed revealed that the new federal unemployment benefits, if passed as currently put together, will only be $300 a week for people receiving more than $100 a week in state unemployment. Their reasoning is that this will "prevent fraud and abuse", and because adding the $300 federal unemployment would mean that certain people would be making more on unemployment than they did working.

Fuck this nightmarish disaster of a country we live in. The ghouls running it have completely abandoned us, and they don't even want to throw us table scraps so we don't die swimming in our own shit. It's not like we can escape here either, as the entire rest of the world has closed itself off from letting us in. I hate it here, and I want out at the first possible moment.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 38  Next