* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
EzraBlumenfeld
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:01 am 

There's already a forum for that.

Last.fm
Listen to my band Begravement's debut EP!

Bonziepsycho
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:25 pm 

I think it would be nice to include the genre tag next to band names on individual artist pages, possibly even filling in the genre on unlisted bands. There's enough dead space next to the band name on each row.

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:36 pm 

perzine wrote:
Ah, sweet. And I hadn't thought about corporate entities - that addition of N/A for them sounds good too.

I'd probably vote in favour of adding the extra two options of "unknown" and "other" now, as the lion's share of artists probably don't have enough info in their bio (I'd imagine) to distinguish why they had the "unknown/other" gender category, though I can understand wanting to start off with a few artists already with those new categories.

Finally done.

oogboog wrote:
Does anyone think we should bump up the points required for each rank? Imo I feel recently there's been more stuff that users can edit. I know they were bumped up when we upgraded to v2, with the artists and label info, but now we have album versions/formats.

Also, I never really gave it a thought before, but I feel like there's no difference between a metal demon/freak, at least according to the access info. This is all of the info that's there right now in the help page, unless one's a typo.

Only members with a rank of Metal freak or higher can update certain fields: artist aliases, label names, album titles.
    Only members with a rank of Metal freak or higher can delete album tracks, change categories of submitted reports, and ignore discography locks.

Versions have been around for years now... The ranks are fine as is. There's no difference in permissions between freak and demon. Not every rank comes with new abilities.

eukocha wrote:
It would be cool if there was an added feature be able to comment on peoples' reviews, like below each review there could be a "comments" link that can be expanded or not (so that it doesn't take extra space if you don't want to see them). It would be awesome though because so many shitty and unfair reviews could be responded to. Plus it could add an interactive element to the site. Idk or maybe this is a terrible idea haha but damn some people write stupid shit. Apologies if I posted this is in the wrong place.

So, a feature to create drama? Hell no.

billm99uk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:58 pm 

I haven't received any approval/rejection emails since 31st October although a few entries I've made have been approved/rejected since then. I don't think I've made any changes to my account and the Receive email notifications for submission approvals/rejections? box in my settings is still checked. Nothing in my spam folder either? Something I've done or a bug of some kind? Or did you just discontinue them?

Last edited by billm99uk on Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:57 pm 

billm99uk wrote:
I haven't received any approval/rejection emails since 31st October although a few entries I've made have been approved/rejected since then. I don't think I've made any changes to my account and the <i>Receive email notifications for submission approvals/rejections?</i> box in my settings is still checked. Nothing in my spam folder either? Something I've done or a bug of some kind? Or did you just discontinue them?

I have exactly the same problem as you. No acceptance/rejection e-mails since the last seven or five days, althrough I can read the reasos for rejction on the drafts of rejectedd bands.

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:17 pm 

billm99uk wrote:
I haven't received any approval/rejection emails since 31st October although a few entries I've made have been approved/rejected since then. I don't think I've made any changes to my account and the Receive email notifications for submission approvals/rejections? box in my settings is still checked. Nothing in my spam folder either? Something I've done or a bug of some kind? Or did you just discontinue them?

Oops, my bad... :oh shit: It should be fixed now.

Nihila
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:28 pm 

Any JSON stream from the database possible to integrate ?

'a while ago' I made some app that parsed the main site php, but now I am looking for direct API to the database...

lethaldeathspell
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:15 am 

In the Upcoming album's list the same album is listed multiple times by the same band if there are multiple formats (CD, Cassette). If the links will be different because of the format, might as well show the format in the table.
For example, for May 14, 2021: Band: Dødsferd, Album: Skotos is listed 3 times.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:59 am 

While browsing through links, I came across this release, which does not seem to feature the "previous/next release" section at all. One of the bands, Totenkopf Standarten, does not have any releases other than this split, so perhaps that has something to do with it.

odium
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:20 pm 

Anyone dealing with the increased amount of these errors recently?

For the last 3-4 days, the same problems appears at least once per 5-8 clicks on any link on the site. Different browsers, different computers - same problem. The "refresh" button has been used very often recently....

TvvrAskesis
Marathon Man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:41 am 

^ Yeah, happens to me too. Also: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=132356

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65