* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Curious_dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:23 am 

Slater922 wrote:
Curious_dead wrote:
Played a bit more CP, until a crash, lol.

So the gunplay isn't super amazing, it's not something I expected to be the best part, but on Hard enemies were spongy. I switched to Normal but the fight ended before I could test.

Inside, it's decent. It feels like an overly ambitious AA game on PS4, more than the GOTY some expected. Outside it's a bit rougher. It's slower and blurrier. I guess I,ll spend more time inside buildings than out, lol.

Aside from the crash, I didn't run into too many bugs. My character's tits were hanging out of her t-shirt, some NPC lost his subtitles, and a few shadow glitches. Mostly the crash though, that's not encouraging. Loading times aren't too bad though, better than Witcher 3. When the game focuses on a few things at a time, it looks and runs decently well. The customization seems interesting.

As long as I don't run into any more crashes, I expect to have a decent good time. It just feels a bit underwhelming after 8 years, lol. The feedback when you hit enemies or are hit isn't amazing, I don't expect it to be better on other consoles (mayyyyyybe PS5 when the real PS5 version comes out and uses its fancy controller thingy). Aiming is bad for an FPS, like the devs never played an FPS with a controller. But ultimately the story, world and progression is where it's at. Witcher 3 didn't have the most exciting fights either and it was one of my all time favorite games.

When I saw CP, I thought you were talking about Club Penguin for a second :lol:

But yeah, CyberPunk wasn't that good of a game for my experience. Still waiting for the PS5 version to come out and fix the problems.

It's the tits hanging out of the t-shirt that gave it away, right?

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:44 am 

I bought the game yesterday and on the character selection screen, the "penis size" and pube choices were both, "Unavailable".

The nudity didn't mean anything to me until the option for it was censored for me.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:27 am 

CoconutBackwards wrote:
I bought the game yesterday and on the character selection screen, the "penis size" and pube choices were both, "Unavailable".

The nudity didn't mean anything to me until the option for it was censored for me.

That's weird. You need to select your genitals first iirc. Haven't heard they censored it anywhere.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:20 am 

I figured out you have to be in settings on the main menu to turn the nudity censor on and off, but I still haven't found out why the character creation was censored.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Unorthodox
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:13 pm 

I'm going to wait for at least a year before I dip into CP so that the game can get patched up from the state it sounds like it's in.

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:18 pm 

Years late as always, i've got Uncharted 4 and God of War for less then an expensive sandwich and damn, so far those are absolute killers! The chapter Hidden In Plain Sight and the Stranger fight are some of the most fun i've ever had with video games, period! :)

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:03 am 

Sooo.....I played CP on PS4 for the first time yesterday, and I waited for the thing to crash. I'd read the reviews and seen the YouTube videos and was pissed that the developers would drop the ball like this. But I played and waited. I continued to play, having a blast - it seems like it's an extremely deep and layered game, which I find appealing - and still waited. Car chase shootouts...game is fine. Multiple characters on the screen at one...game is fine. Fast-paced shootout...game runs fine.

Am I missing something? The alarm raised by "gamers" (I rarely play games, so I don't consider myself one) was to such an extreme that I almost asked for a refund before even installing the game. I understand that it doesn't look that good, but PS4 hardware is now like 8 years old. I wasn't expecting that, so it doesn't bother me. Am I lucky, or were/are these complaints overblown?

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:39 am 

I have about 5 hours of gameplay on Cyberpunk.

I got a bluescreen and had to restart, but that's the only problem I can think of.

I've had bluescreens on countless other games.

I seriously doubt all these people that are yelling the loudest about how broken the game is have any intentions of returning the game (plus, I assume a large, "Fuck You, why would we take back your opened merchandise" is waiting for them at WalMart if they do).

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:44 am 

CoconutBackwards wrote:
I have about 5 hours of gameplay on Cyberpunk.

I got a bluescreen and had to restart, but that's the only problem I can think of.

I've had bluescreens on countless other games.

I seriously doubt all these people that are yelling the loudest about how broken the game is have any intentions of returning the game (plus, I assume a large, "Fuck You, why would we take back your opened merchandise" is waiting for them at WalMart if they do).

It's almost unplayable on PS4 and the old xbox and it should have never been released on those consoles but the PC/Stadia and PS5/xbox editions are fine. It still needs some optimization but it's playable (and enjoyable). I've played 40h and I haven't had a single game breaking bug yet. It's of course very demanding CPU wise and they made a mistake with the pool allocation of VRAM and CPU but it's easily fixable. Dark Souls was unplayable at higher resolutions if you didn't mod it for years and nobody was this salty about it. I'm playing on an 8 years old computer with a GTX1060 on medium. I read a bunch of people the other day complaining about "bugs". The bugs were they had to play it at 50fps instead of 60. Cry me a river, people are just dumb.

People tend to overreact about this stuff, I can't recall the last time there was a game that people deemed "unplayable due to bugs" and the game was actually unplayable and not the gaming community doing what they do best (complaining about everything). Like the whole Andromeda debacle, that game was nowhere near as bad as people made it out to be. As a matter of fact it was way better than the first Mass Effect game that was an overhyped mess.

They hyped the game to stupid levels and now that they have it of course it's disappointing. There is no way the game could be what some people were expecting, there's a reason it got delayed so many times during a global pandemic: the game wasn't finished but the shareholders made them release it for Christmas anyway because after 8 games in developing they needed to make some cash. If it had been delayed people would have still complained like their life depended on it. So now that the game is out (and once they fix it on old gen consoles, that shit is inexcusable) they can actually focus on making the game better. I honestly hope this is the next No Man's Sky, that game got a huge backlash but it's a damn fine game nowadays and I love it.

This is not to say CD Projekt aren't at fault of some of the decisions that were made and it's obvious the game needs to get finished. There are some features that need serious re-thinking but I'm sure they'll do something about it.

-Graphic optimization.
-Character customization, better shops, better inventory management, etc.
-More immersive world. More NPCs, encounters, little details, conversations to be had, places to visit. The world is beautiful but it's a bit empty. It doesn't really worry me but a better and more immersive world is easy to make, they have a pretty good city to play with it. Now they need to take it to the next level.
-The police needs a lot of re-thinking. It's probably the worst implemented thing in the game and it's very obvious it was rushed.
-Better AI for people doing stuff around you. Instead of having so much people doing meaningless stuff (seriously, sometimes there's just too many people) they need to come with better NPC AI that you can actually interact with (I'm not asking for much, just some minimal interaction like what was going on in RDR2).
-Better IA for cars, police, etc. They need to re-think how cars re-spawn, what happens when there are accidents, etc. Right now it's just a like a theatre set and it really needs to be more realistic.

I think getting most of this stuff is realistic and shouldn't really be a problem for the studio that made Witcher 3. But most importantly, none of this stuff is game breaking for me. Sure, it could have been better but they clearly focused on the story and it really shows off. The story is fucking good though. I mean, it's pretty much linear but it's incredibly well written and the game is a marvel to look at even on my shitty PC for the past decade.

So 10/10 story + 10/10 environment/city design + 6/10 RPG/sandbox elements + poor optimization. I'd say it's still it's a great game and once they solve the issues and add some content that is missing we'll get an incredible game.

PS: just wanted to clarify that what's going on with the old gen consoles version is indeed worrying and pretty damning but they owed their mistake and afaik they are offering returns for those games (as they should).

Here's a fix for PC performance:
https://github.com/yamashi/PerformanceO ... rpunk/wiki

Curious_dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:56 am 

Pitiless Wanderer wrote:
Sooo.....I played CP on PS4 for the first time yesterday, and I waited for the thing to crash. I'd read the reviews and seen the YouTube videos and was pissed that the developers would drop the ball like this. But I played and waited. I continued to play, having a blast - it seems like it's an extremely deep and layered game, which I find appealing - and still waited. Car chase shootouts...game is fine. Multiple characters on the screen at one...game is fine. Fast-paced shootout...game runs fine.

Am I missing something? The alarm raised by "gamers" (I rarely play games, so I don't consider myself one) was to such an extreme that I almost asked for a refund before even installing the game. I understand that it doesn't look that good, but PS4 hardware is now like 8 years old. I wasn't expecting that, so it doesn't bother me. Am I lucky, or were/are these complaints overblown?

I didn't experience a lot of bugs, just one crash and minor (mostly hilarious things).

However, I don't think the bugs are the worst thing. The performance is terrible, the shortcuts used to make it all work are obvious, and the game... just isn't that great.

Take character creation. On one hand, it's not the most exhaustive character creation. The only things that stand out are the fact that you can be gender non-conforming, and that you can pick your breast and penis size as well as your pubic hair pattern... OK, so it's funny for five seconds. But then you barely ever see your character. Feels like they could have skipped that and gone Assassin's Creed way of having one main character whose gender you can pick.

The life paths: they're pretty useless. They all quickly lead to the same road, and then mostly forgotten. The character in the intro doesn't vibe with the character from the main story.

The gear is another issue. They made a big deal out of the game being about style, showcasing characters, clothes, etc. Except your gear is tied to your armor (typical RPG mechanic, granted), but you end up looking like a clown. And people doN't react to you, even if you run around buck naked.

The AI is one of the worst. Sometimes it'll take seconds for an enemy to react to being shot. Sometimes they know exactly where you are even though you left their LOS for a while. Sometimes, you need to stop a random mugging in the city... and the dudes are just standing there waiting for you to attack or enter their LOS. The cops appear out of nowhere and vanish inexplicably.

The shooting controls are at most ok. The feedback when you shoot someone isn't great; sometimes they react accordingly, others thye will tank it even if they lost a chunk of health. And enemies are tanky. First fight, I shot an enemy multiple times in the head and he barely lost any life. Again, games like Assassin's Creed did it better. I understand an high level NPC in an RPG should not be taken out by a head shot, but the first enemies you meet? Guys in camisoles? Weird. And the feedback when you get shot isn't better.

The driving is atrocious. Aside from the bad physics, it just doesn't control well and on base PS4, you drive too fast and the game struggles.

There is plenty of stuff that just make the game not very immersive. Relationships are apparently very simplistic, but it's not my thing so I don't really care. There isn't much to do apart from the game; like, the makers of Witcher 3 and Gwent have filled a city with bars, restaurants, pachinko machines, arcades, and such, and there is more immersion in fucking Yakuza games than that. Everything is superficial. And a lot of features were cut. And to think the game was supposed to release much sooner, that's crazy, it feels like we're playing a stripped down alpha game. Some people on good gaming PCs have reported performance issues (though I guess on PC there are a lot of moving parts that can explain this). I mean, I haven't found a way to get tattoos and change my haircut and apparently there isn't any way (not that it matters anyway, but come on, this is the type of shit that should have been in the game).

It's not all bad. The characters are interesting enough, the NPCs and locales are stylish, the music is excellent, the voice acting is good from what I've seen.

But with a decent performance and much less bugs and crashes, I'd give generously that game a 7 at most.

Quote:
PS: just wanted to clarify that what's going on with the old gen consoles version is indeed worrying and pretty damning but they owed their mistake and afaik they are offering returns for those games (as they should).

AFAIK, Sony (don't know about MS) doesn't refund the game if it's been even just downloaded, let alone played, and CDPR just promised without being able to fulfill the promise. I haven't tried, but from what I read, buyers on PS are told to contact Sony and Sony is basically saying "nah, wait for patch".

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:18 pm 

IDK what you guys are talking about, it looks GREAT to me!
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Curious_dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:43 pm 

My god, that chick who stores bottles and cigs up her butt...

Inkshooter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:19 pm 

Y'all need to find a better abbreviation than "CP".

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:22 pm 

Inkshooter wrote:
Y'all need to find a better abbreviation than "CP".

I see nothing wrong with loudly asking for information about CP on the internet. What could it possibly be mistaken for?

Ezadara
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:29 am 

After a few years without really buying or playing video games, I decided to jump back into it with Cyberpunk. I figured, hey, my old laptop could play Civilization 6 just fine, my new laptop can probably handle this.

Yeah, that was a dumb assumption.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:49 am 

Curious_dead wrote:
AFAIK, Sony (don't know about MS) doesn't refund the game if it's been even just downloaded, let alone played, and CDPR just promised without being able to fulfill the promise. I haven't tried, but from what I read, buyers on PS are told to contact Sony and Sony is basically saying "nah, wait for patch".

Both Sony and Microsoft are now refunding the game.

The hotfix 1.05 is here and some people are saying they gained stability on PS4 and xbox already (10 fps in some zones).

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:49 am 

I have about 5 hours into the game now and the only glitch I've seen has been a floating object here or there. The game runs fine.

Curious_dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:16 am 

Good to know. Do you enjoy it? I'm not sure I'm fond of what was left once all the promises were cut. The world seems fascinating, but a lot of promised things didn't materialize or are very basic. Like the lifepaths, which were a step back from the initial character background, they feel borderline useless now. Option A: Yes. Option B: No, but actually yes. Option C: Yes, but I was a Corpo once.

I'm also not a fan of being taken for an idiot, which really feels like what CDPR took me for, so I hope my refund requests gets through. I'll encourage them later, maybe, if they turn that around.

Maybe it's the initial disappointment and the initial performance/bug issues that left a sour taste in my mouth. I hope I'll be able to appreciate it better later, once I've washed the taste.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:41 pm 

Really looking forward to picking up Cyber Shadow towards the end of January (1/23/2021 I believe). When I heard Yacht Club was putting out a ninja game I was over the moon. The footage looks fast/tight. I've picked back up on the DLC for The Messenger to try to sharpen my sword a bit, as it were.

Anyone got any hot picks for the Steam Winter sale? I'm mostly looking for single player indie games: 2D, action/adventure, RPG, metroidvania, action/platformer titles. But I'm open to just about anything if it looks dope.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:51 pm 

Jonpo wrote:
Really looking forward to picking up Cyber Shadow towards the end of January (1/23/2021 I believe). When I heard Yacht Club was putting out a ninja game I was over the moon. The footage looks fast/tight. I've picked back up on the DLC for The Messenger to try to sharpen my sword a bit, as it were.

Agreed, that game also caught my eye during Nintendo's last indie showcase, which I watched in the hope of a Silksong release date. Alas.

In other platformer news, I finally played Ori and the Will of the Wisps. What an absolute treasure both Ori games are to the modern resurgence in the Metroidvania genre. In terms of visuals and presentation, I'd say they're on top. I really hope they do one more, though that conclusion seemed, well, pretty conclusive.

And hey Jonpo, did you ever play Inside? No? Do it! Play Inside!!!

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:12 pm 

Man I meant to send you a message yesterday actually, it's a free game on PS4 right now so I just downloaded it! Not sure when I'll have a chance to play it with the holidays looming but you better believe I'm stoked to try it. Looks very atmospheric and challenging.

Will of the Wisps has me stumped at the moment. I need to find a walkthrough. No matter what direction I explore in, I seem to be soft-locked by missing abilities and I know it's something I've done wrong or missed completely, but I refuse to believe I'm actually locked. Before that, which always happens to me, I was having a fantastic experience.

As far as games I'm looking at during the Winter sale, strongly curious about: Star Renegades, Nine Monkeys of Shaolin, A Hat in Time, and Wilmott's Warehouse. Exit the Gungeon is 6.99 right now but I'm still SO BAD at the original I feel like I should just keep playing that.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:55 pm 

Ghost of Tsushima ruuuuuules omg I'm so into it. It's really just Ass Creed with a bunch of quality of life updates and a dope ninja aesthetic. I love the storytelling so far, and watching my character turn away from honor for tactics that actually work. Flush that honor down the toilet and let's slit some throats!

A Hat in Time is relaxing and charming. Total Mario 64 vibes.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:47 pm 

I updated to an AMD 5 3600XT and Cyberpunk is running just fine on PC. Finally enjoying it as it should. I found a bug (yay, my first bug!) but they already solved it in 1.06. Really hyped for the endgame (90h in) and the new content that's been announced for January.

My GTX 1060 is getting old but damn, the graphics card market is bonkers. It's either cards that are just slighly better than theone I have or spending 600€ on a graphics card. That's a ton of money, I'd rather get the PS5 once it's available. Can anyone recommend a card that would be an improvement but isn't terribly expensive?

Bloodstone
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:04 pm 

Gravetemplar wrote:
I updated to an AMD 5 3600XT and Cyberpunk is running just fine on PC. Finally enjoying it as it should. I found a bug (yay, my first bug!) but they already solved it in 1.06. Really hyped for the endgame (90h in) and the new content that's been announced for January.

My GTX 1060 is getting old but damn, the graphics card market is bonkers. It's either cards that are just slighly better than theone I have or spending 600€ on a graphics card. That's a ton of money, I'd rather get the PS5 once it's available. Can anyone recommend a card that would be an improvement but isn't terribly expensive?

I built a PC of my own a year and a half ago and loved every part of the experience, even the painful hassles. It inspired me to learn so much more about technology and it's been highly rewarding.

But even from where I'm standing, I can only agree that it's a crazy expensive thing to be doing these days. If switching to console is an option, nothing even comes close to matching PS5/XBSX's price to performance. It's actually gotten way worse over the past console generation, because upon the launch of PS4 you could build a PC from scratch that outperformed it for around $500. Nowadays, that will barely get you the graphics card you need to do the same versus the PS5. Unless you'll really miss playing with a mouse and keyboard (I'm unsure about PS5 compatibility there), graphics cards that would be an upgrade from a GTX 1060 aren't really worth the money if you're not an enthusiast and have a lot of disposable income. I say stick with the GTX 1060 for now, I mean you enjoyed CP2077 fine for 90 hours and it's one of the most demanding games out there, so I would ask myself how much I'd actually benefit from other games.

In case you're you're wondering, I'm running it on a Ryzen 3600 and an RTX 2070 Super, and with DLSS (balanced) enabled at 1440p (so actually rendering at 720p) I'm getting around 110 fps indoors and 70fps outdoors with some mild additional settings tweaks (no ray tracing). That card was 500$ MSRP at launch I believe, but I have no idea what the used market looks like for it now, what with the crazy shortages everywhere: COVID fucking up supply lines, lockdowns increasing demand for PC gaming, and scalpers and cryptominers gobbling up what few cards there are left.

Speaking of spending money, as is wont to happen with PC builders like myself, I just got a new mechanical keyboard, the HyperX Origins Alloy Core TKL. Lovely in-house HyperX red switches, perfect tactile feel and sound. Hence my sort of long-winded answer above, somebody stop me :lol:

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:45 pm 

Bloodstone wrote:
Gravetemplar wrote:

I built a PC of my own a year and a half ago and loved every part of the experience, even the painful hassles. It inspired me to learn so much more about technology and it's been highly rewarding.

But even from where I'm standing, I can only agree that it's a crazy expensive thing to be doing these days. If switching to console is an option, nothing even comes close to matching PS5/XBSX's price to performance. It's actually gotten way worse over the past console generation, because upon the launch of PS4 you could build a PC from scratch that outperformed it for around $500. Nowadays, that will barely get you the graphics card you need to do the same versus the PS5. Unless you'll really miss playing with a mouse and keyboard (I'm unsure about PS5 compatibility there), graphics cards that would be an upgrade from a GTX 1060 aren't really worth the money if you're not an enthusiast and have a lot of disposable income. I say stick with the GTX 1060 for now, I mean you enjoyed CP2077 fine for 90 hours and it's one of the most demanding games out there, so I would ask myself how much I'd actually benefit from other games.

In case you're you're wondering, I'm running it on a Ryzen 3600 and an RTX 2070 Super, and with DLSS (balanced) enabled at 1440p (so actually rendering at 720p) I'm getting around 110 fps indoors and 70fps outdoors with some mild additional settings tweaks (no ray tracing). That card was 500$ MSRP at launch I believe, but I have no idea what the used market looks like for it now, what with the crazy shortages everywhere: COVID fucking up supply lines, lockdowns increasing demand for PC gaming, and scalpers and cryptominers gobbling up what few cards there are left.

Speaking of spending money, as is wont to happen with PC builders like myself, I just got a new mechanical keyboard, the HyperX Origins Alloy Core TKL. Lovely in-house HyperX red switches, perfect tactile feel and sound. Hence my sort of long-winded answer above, somebody stop me :lol:

Thanks for the response, it makes a lot of sense. I probably won't be getting another card and just wait for PS5.

Btw, this is how my cart for the Steam Winter Sale looks like. What dou you all think? Anyhting else I should consider? Opinion on any of the titles I'm probably buying (unless anyone convinces me not to)?

Bloodstone
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:48 am 

Gravetemplar wrote:
Btw, this is how my cart for the Steam Winter Sale looks like. What dou you all think? Anyhting else I should consider? Opinion on any of the titles I'm probably buying (unless anyone convinces me not to)?

Outer Wilds: stunning masterpiece, one of my top 5 games ever. Innovative, mind bending, atmospheric, great music, can't say enough good things about it. I have a poster of it at home. Requires patience and some parts will have you stumped, but that's no surprise given it's a puzzle game.

Titanfall 2: I'm not a big FPS guy these days and I only played the campaign, but those 5 hours are one hell of a ride that no one should miss out on. One of the best controlling games of its kind (same dev studio as Apex Legends, which did make me get into that game for a while) and both the world and gameplay are very innovative and fun.

Haven't played any of the others, very close to pulling the trigger on Superliminal though.

Recommendations based on a quick peak at what's on sale and still cheap on Steam at the moment:

Into the Breach (50% off): like Titanfall 2 in that it's from a genre I don't often delve into (turn based strategy in this case), but I can't deny the absolut genius of this one. Extremely easy to pick up and learn, and yet it has tons of depth. Some have argued it's more puzzle than strategy, and I definitely see that argument.

Return of the Obra Dinn (25% off): investigative puzzle game on a boat, in the aftermath of a deadly event (won't spoil) at sea in the 1800's. Super clever, for fans of really innovative puzzlers like Outer Wilds and The Witness this is a must.

Hades (20% off) you're probably aware of, I find it quite testing on my nerves myself, but I can't deny all the good things that's been said about it. Gameplay, charm and style out the ass.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:08 pm 

Katana Zero is one of the best games I've ever touched so, good call on that one. Hope you love it as much as I do.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:11 am 

Thanks! Will probably get all of them today (I'm still playing side missions of Cyberpunk, only two zones left to clear).

Into the Breach had always been recommended to me but I'm not a big fan of this type of games so I'll probably get it but on the next sale. Same goes for Return of the Obra Dinn, I'll eventually play it but right now I'm not in the mood for puzzle games.

Really loved Hades and it's deserving all the praise it's getting. I have a small problem with the game though and it's that it gets old a bit sooner than other rogue-like games because always playing the same zones gets a bit repetitive. It could have benefitted from a bit more variety having different paths, etc. Other than that it's an excellent game.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:47 pm 

I loved Hades for 2 hours and haven't really gone back since. But that almost always happens with roguelikes for me. One day I'll pick it up and be completely obsessed.

Snagged Wargroove while it's cheap. I'm historically a mess in a tactics game but this one sounds more forgiving than FFT. The art is just so good.

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:45 pm 

Got some unexpected Christmas $ and just bought a PS5 on Ebay for an exorbitant amount of $. Not sure if I'm happy or sad? lol

olvs
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:20 pm 

Love car racing games GTA 5 and NFS Underground 1 are two my favs

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:30 am 

Bloodstone wrote:
Gravetemplar wrote:

What about RTX 2060 OC for 300€/360$? It's the best alternative I've found so far (RX 5600 XT is nowhere to be found) and I think I really want to change the Graphics Card because on some games my 1060 is starting to resent. I've seen some comparisons and the RTX 2060 (no OC) was already a massive improvement in some games (almost +20fps playing games I can't get 60 fps, it has RayTracing, etc) but I honestly don't know what I'm doing and I'm not completely sure. Seems to be cheap and way better than what I have.

~Guest 361478
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:29 am 

Colour me totally ignorant - I've not had a console since the PS2 - do modern consoles need to be always-online ?

I have a 4G connection serving as my internet (and no physical phone line, so no ADSL either) - so that'd be a bit of a deal breaker. Main reason I mainly play older games via Steam & so on.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:57 am 

Methuen wrote:
Colour me totally ignorant - I've not had a console since the PS2 - do modern consoles need to be always-online ?

I have a 4G connection serving as my internet (and no physical phone line, so no ADSL either) - so that'd be a bit of a deal breaker. Main reason I mainly play older games via Steam & so on.

I don't think so. Unless PS5 is different, PS4 only needs you to be online for downloading games and updates. Not sure about the new ones that are only digital though.

Bloodstone
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:53 pm 

Gravetemplar wrote:
What about RTX 2060 OC for 300€/360$? It's the best alternative I've found so far (RX 5600 XT is nowhere to be found) and I think I really want to change the Graphics Card because on some games my 1060 is starting to resent. I've seen some comparisons and the RTX 2060 (no OC) was already a massive improvement in some games (almost +20fps playing games I can't get 60 fps, it has RayTracing, etc) but I honestly don't know what I'm doing and I'm not completely sure. Seems to be cheap and way better than what I have.

I personally don't think it's worth it and that it's best to wait. If you absolutely need it now then yes that ~20 fps upgrade you said is probably about right for some games, but forget about using ray tracing on it if you want to play anything at 60 fps. It's a massive hit to performance. The RTX 20XX generation of Nvidia cards was a pretty small upgrade from the GTX 10XX ones, the new thing was mostly ray tracing capabilities, which none of the models really had the horsepower for anyway (DLSS 2.0 is cool RTX-exclusive feature though if you're unaware, look it up). The 30XX series however is a way more substantial step up, more in line with what you'd expect from two years between graphics card generations. Currently 3060 Ti is the cheapest one at MSRP $399, but of course there are no new cards available at the moment. Cheaper models are expected to go on sale later in the year, though, with 3050 and 3060 (non-Ti) models rumored to be revealed soon. Just pray you'll be able to get your hands on one before scalpers and bitcoin miners with their bots :ugh:

On OC models: it just means a mild factory overclock that nets you maybe 2-3 extra fps in games where you'd normally get around 60 fps. 2060 Super is another matter, it's a different chipset and you'd be talking more like extra 10 fps in AAA games, it's a bit more expensive though.

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:32 pm 

Anyone have a PS5? Wtf is up with this controller? I had a full charge, played Cyberpunk for about 1 hour, then turned my machine off. 24 hours later, I turn on the PS5 and the controller battery is dead. How can it drain when the machine is turned off???

Curious_dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:37 am 

Pitiless Wanderer wrote:
Anyone have a PS5? Wtf is up with this controller? I had a full charge, played Cyberpunk for about 1 hour, then turned my machine off. 24 hours later, I turn on the PS5 and the controller battery is dead. How can it drain when the machine is turned off???

Clearly your PS5 is broken. I can take it off your hands, if you need... :-D

(Seriously, I have no idea, can't get my hands on one...)

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:02 pm 

I bought Jedi Fallen Order or whatever it's called while it was on sale, but I swear I can't even touch it while Ghost of Tsushima looms over me. I cannot explain how obsessed I am with that game. Only on the second continent thus far, but I've got 31 hours into the game. Every side mission, every random encounter with a gang of mongols or bandits, even the bamboo-stick mini game delights me. I'm playing on the default difficulty so there is ZERO difficulty, which provides a really nice cool-down after getting frustrated over Brawlhalla or Rocket League matches.

I love the skill tree and the "quick throw" weapons. Using the fully upgraded Kunai + the unblockable attack feels like god mode, and that's before you ever activate the Ghost Stance. I've NEVER enjoyed an AssCreed game, but Ghost of Tsushima is like a dream for me.

Curious_dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:05 pm 

Yeah, GoT was something else. I played on hard for most of the game, but had to reduce the difficulty for a few fights (duels), especially one I got into early on (the tengu monk) that was exceptionnally brutal on hard given I basically has just starting gear (or rather, the bare minimum to reach that quest).

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:22 pm 

The combat in Ghost of Tsushima is just so satisfying. Miles ahead of any Assassins Creed game and I really enjoyed Odyssey. I played it on hard and it's really fun, it's a bit more challenging and punishing if you make mistakes but never overwhelming.

I'm trying to finish Kingdom Come (for the 3rd time) and I'm having a really difficult time in doing so. The game is just a huge mess. For each great and innovative idea there are three or four aspects of the game that are completely broken. The story is very bland and uninteresting too and I couldn't care less for any of the characters. I've played 100h into this game and only managed to make it to the main quest 15 out of 29. I always get bored around this part of the story and stop playing. It still feels unfinished and poorly optimized after 5 years of it's release.

Farcry: New Dawn is heavily discounted on Steam. Can anyone recommend it? I enjoyed playing Farcry 5 but I wasn't a great fan of the ending.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 903, 904, 905, 906, 907, 908, 909 ... 940  Next