* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:15 pm 

I love Fairy Tail.

Has anyone watched Dragon’s Dogma?
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Morn Of Solace
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:44 am 

Anybody here has interest in the Fate series? I've been really impressed by Fate/Zero, i approached the show blindly i didn't expect that level of writing and maturity.

I've also checked out the other adaptations by Ufotable (UBW and Heaven's Feel, both different than i expected, but still good) and i was wondering if any of the countless spin offs are worth watching, they don't seem particularly appealing to me at face value

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:19 am 

^I've never watched it, but I've seen it streaming on one of the streaming services, so I'll give it a chance.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Morn Of Solace
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:28 am 

yeah, i highly suggest it! the only warning is that the first episode it's a bit tough as it drops a huge chunk of informations to build the setting and the characters. The payoffs are huge however!

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:07 pm 

The only other Fate anime I've heard good things about are El-Melloi II Case Files (a lighter spin-off sequel to Fate/Zero that revolves around one of the main characters being a magic detective), and Fate/Grand Order Babylonia (which requires knowledge of the mobile game, so probably not best to dive right in).

Other than that, the overwhelming vast majority of non-ufotable Fate anime are garbage fires.

Morn Of Solace
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:30 am 

Zelkiiro wrote:
The only other Fate anime I've heard good things about are El-Melloi II Case Files (a lighter spin-off sequel to Fate/Zero that revolves around one of the main characters being a magic detective), and Fate/Grand Order Babylonia (which requires knowledge of the mobile game, so probably not best to dive right in).

Other than that, the overwhelming vast majority of non-ufotable Fate anime are garbage fires.

Yeah, as i expected. I've zero will to jump into the hellhole of Fate GO, i'll se where i can find El-Melloi II Case Files: thanks!
I'll will also probably have to endure the Stay Night cooking spinoff. My GF loved UBW and wants more from that cast no matter what :lol:

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:47 pm 

Morn Of Solace wrote:
I'll will also probably have to endure the Stay Night cooking spinoff. My GF loved UBW and wants more from that cast no matter what :lol:

Oh, I forgot about that one, the Dinner With the Emiya Household show. I've heard it was cute.

The_Doo_Over
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:09 pm 

Xeogred wrote:
Byrain wrote:
Ever try Berserk or Gunnm?

Gunnm is amazing. I hear Last Order sucks though?

I'm not big into manga but I told a friend I liked Gunnm and he said I might dig Dorohedoro. The art definitely looks pretty cool. Other than that I was thinking of reading Sanctuary, 20th Century Boys, and some other random stuff... not much.

Some favorites of mine are Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Votoms, Zeta Gundam, City Hunter, Maison, Touch, Space Adventure Cobra, bunch of other older stuff.

At least Kutulu got it right. There's more to anime than Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Naruto, Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion, and anything and everything Adult Swim ever showed. Do some research yourself and you'll find the goods.

Fuck yeah! I love Dorohedoro! I can't wait for Season 2!

lupin99
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:41 pm 

Gilbert Gottfried recites the one piece rap on cameo

https://www.cameo.com/v/607f9056f61da7001d85254b

I thought this should have been used by 4 kids back in the day. Lol

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61