Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:50 am
Posts: 7886
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:24 am 
 

Spam promote your: band, label, distro, blog, reviews, artwork etc in here [although better places for reviews are around]

- If you wish you can cross post your trade lists in here too but they will get buried.
- Create as many threads in here as you like, bump them as often as you like, get it out of your system :nods:
- One thread per band or album - no worries
- No NSBM, RAC, Hatecore, etc. music that uses the platform to push a bigoted, racist, xenophobic, homophobic etc. agenda.

Actual spam should be reported so I can unmercifully ban them.

Any questions?
_________________
collection for sale, contact Ross at Headless Horseman http://headhorsenz.com/index.html


Last edited by Ilwhyan on Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Added note about NSBM/RAC/etc.

Top
 Profile  
NEVAI
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:20 pm
Posts: 4
Location: Vinland
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:34 pm 
 

heya, NN here.
just submitted a promo for my new album.
it's called <<ESOTERIK NAZISM>> but is not race-related at all, it's an HM/OCCULT ROCK visual album.
just wanted to make that clear.
see you in Port Pegasus i hope.
_________________
http://nandornevai.com/

Top
 Profile  
backwards
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:30 am
Posts: 7
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:21 am 
 

"Spam promote your: band, label, distro, blog, reviews, artwork".......and Innovations?

Top
 Profile  
lmn
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:53 pm
Posts: 7
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:26 am 
 

Hello! I tried to start a new topic last week but it still hasn't appeared on this Promotional Forum. It was mentioned that new topics go through an admin check so I'm wondering if there's a problem of some sort?
_________________
NEON DÆMON // Finnish dystopian melodeath

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 10641
Location: Austria
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:58 am 
 

lmn wrote:
Hello! I tried to start a new topic last week but it still hasn't appeared on this Promotional Forum. It was mentioned that new topics go through an admin check so I'm wondering if there's a problem of some sort?

It has been approved since. Usually new posts and threads are dealt with relatively quickly, but sometimes things pile up. Don't worry, only the first two posts need to go through that process. It's primarily meant to filter out spam bots.
_________________
Last.fm | Goodreads | BOINC - Compute for science! | Stuff for sale on Discogs

Top
 Profile  
lmn
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:53 pm
Posts: 7
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:24 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
It has been approved since. Usually new posts and threads are dealt with relatively quickly, but sometimes things pile up. Don't worry, only the first two posts need to go through that process. It's primarily meant to filter out spam bots.


Okay, thanks for the information! Topic seems to be up and running now.
_________________
NEON DÆMON // Finnish dystopian melodeath

Top
 Profile  
Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:41 pm
Posts: 8515
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:39 pm 
 

Added a rule to the original post:

- No NSBM, RAC, Hatecore, etc. music that uses the platform to push a bigoted, racist, xenophobic, homophobic etc. agenda.

This policy has technically been in place all along, but it has not been explicitly written down, although it shouldn't come as a surprise that Metal Archives does not involve itself or provide a platform for the promotion of bigoted propaganda.
_________________
"A glimpse of light is all that it takes to illuminate the darkness."

Top
 Profile  
Timeghoul
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:00 pm
Posts: 418
Location: Hello from the gutter
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:55 pm 
 

I am trying to get a horror movie channel going on Youtube. I know its been done a million times. I'm trying to put own spin on it, reviews if I can really get it going. Is it ok to advertise it here? I don't keep up anything that comes up as copyrighted.
_________________
dheacock's wrote:

Quote:
Now for a higher level song like Moth Into Flame. I specifically remember getting in trouble at school for hearing this the day it was released for having my phone out and then defiantly saying to my teacher Fuck off Im listening to a new Metallica song

Top
 Profile  
Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:41 pm
Posts: 8515
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:22 am 
 

Timeghoul wrote:
I am trying to get a horror movie channel going on Youtube. I know its been done a million times. I'm trying to put own spin on it, reviews if I can really get it going. Is it ok to advertise it here? I don't keep up anything that comes up as copyrighted.

Metal only.
_________________
"A glimpse of light is all that it takes to illuminate the darkness."

Top
 Profile  
Timeghoul
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:00 pm
Posts: 418
Location: Hello from the gutter
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:29 am 
 

Ilwhyan wrote:
Timeghoul wrote:
I am trying to get a horror movie channel going on Youtube. I know its been done a million times. I'm trying to put own spin on it, reviews if I can really get it going. Is it ok to advertise it here? I don't keep up anything that comes up as copyrighted.

Metal only.
Thank you.
_________________
dheacock's wrote:

Quote:
Now for a higher level song like Moth Into Flame. I specifically remember getting in trouble at school for hearing this the day it was released for having my phone out and then defiantly saying to my teacher Fuck off Im listening to a new Metallica song

Top
 Profile  
sagenro
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:05 am
Posts: 9
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:21 pm 
 

why are my posts constantly deleted? I posted a label that doesn't break the rules.

Top
 Profile  
Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:12 pm
Posts: 5877
Location: over yon hill
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:02 am 
 

New users have to wait for pist approval as a way to combat spambots
_________________
Man is truly a wretched thing, and the forest is committed to expunging him from existence.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Top
 Profile  
__MULLIGANACEOUS__
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:12 pm
Posts: 103
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:29 pm 
 

Does the album or band has to be my band, or can it be someone elses?
_________________
⓵, ⓶, ⓷, Shellback⁶⁶⁶ Max and Britney, Getting down with 3₽, everybody loves … counting

Top
 Profile  
Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:41 pm
Posts: 8515
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:55 am 
 

__MULLIGANACEOUS__ wrote:
Does the album or band has to be my band, or can it be someone elses?

Doesn't have to be yours.
_________________
"A glimpse of light is all that it takes to illuminate the darkness."

Top
 Profile  
EzraBlumenfeld
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:50 pm
Posts: 411
Location: Land of No Return
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:25 pm 
 

Can I post shirts that my band is selling?
_________________
Kveldulfr wrote:
Like butter comes from milk, butter will only be a reminder of its milky origins, whereas milk reigns supreme as a vital element.


Last.fm
Listen to my band Begravement's debut EP!

Top
 Profile  
Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:41 pm
Posts: 8515
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:42 am 
 

EzraBlumenfeld wrote:
Can I post shirts that my band is selling?

If you have a thread for your band here, you can use that to post updates about merch etc. If you don't have one yet, feel free to make one, and post there. So, yes is the answer. :D
_________________
"A glimpse of light is all that it takes to illuminate the darkness."

Top
 Profile  
Eternal_sunset
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun May 03, 2020 4:02 pm
Posts: 12
Location: Under your bed
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:29 pm 
 

Hello there. I'd like to make a post about a new album that already prominent artists (such as Timo Tolkki) and bands have been working on. In my post not only I give a brief introduction, but I also want to include the tracklist with all the artists involved and leave some links (non-commercial stuff, just Facebook and a homepage). The thing is that I want to discuss about it, know what other people think about it, but when I thought a little more about the post, I noticed that I might be promoting the album. So I'm confused on whether I should submit my post here in the Promotional Forum or in Metal Discution. What should I do?
_________________
Want to shred like Ynwgie Malmsteen? Practice 40 hours a day like Ling Ling.

Top
 Profile  
Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:41 pm
Posts: 8515
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:16 am 
 

Eternal_sunset wrote:
Hello there. I'd like to make a post about a new album that already prominent artists (such as Timo Tolkki) and bands have been working on. In my post not only I give a brief introduction, but I also want to include the tracklist with all the artists involved and leave some links (non-commercial stuff, just Facebook and a homepage). The thing is that I want to discuss about it, know what other people think about it, but when I thought a little more about the post, I noticed that I might be promoting the album. So I'm confused on whether I should submit my post here in the Promotional Forum or in Metal Discution. What should I do?

If you want to discuss a metal album featuring well-known musicians, it's definitely for Metal Discussion forum. I understand that making that thread is likely to bring that album to the attention of people who wouldn't have heard of it otherwise, and therefore can help promote it, but that's not a problem. We only take issue when someone pretends to want to discuss some obscure band they're involved with themselves, and are actually just trying to pass off self-promotion as discussion.
_________________
"A glimpse of light is all that it takes to illuminate the darkness."

Top
 Profile  
Eternal_sunset
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun May 03, 2020 4:02 pm
Posts: 12
Location: Under your bed
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:00 am 
 

Ilwhyan wrote:
If you want to discuss a metal album featuring well-known musicians, it's definitely for Metal Discussion forum. I understand that making that thread is likely to bring that album to the attention of people who wouldn't have heard of it otherwise, and therefore can help promote it, but that's not a problem. We only take issue when someone pretends to want to discuss some obscure band they're involved with themselves, and are actually just trying to pass off self-promotion as discussion.


Alright, thank you very much!
_________________
Want to shred like Ynwgie Malmsteen? Practice 40 hours a day like Ling Ling.

Top
 Profile  
iwanruby
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:29 am
Posts: 5
Location: Indonesia
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:46 pm 
 

is it allowed to copy articles from a site that reviews my band to be posted here? and if allowed, should I always use English, or should I translate it into English first?

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group