Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Kyoson
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:07 pm 

Also if you can provide a download that would be great.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:03 pm 

Kyoson wrote:
Also if you can provide a download that would be great.

Then it would be possible to hear it on the Internet and that band would no longer be fit for this thread.

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:56 pm 

*implodes*

LithoJazzoSphere
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:50 pm 

I've mentioned this a few times, but there's a neoclassical power metal collaboration project Paradigm Shift with Per Nilsson, L-G Persson, and Henrik Ohlsson. All the links I've found to songs from it are dead, and the only audio evidence is a couple short clips on guitar solo compilations of Nilsson. I still have the songs on my iPod, backed up on some hard drive somewhere, but I'm not inclined at the moment to hunt them down and upload them.

MDL
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:44 am 

I have some songs, originally uploaded to Myspace, that I was able to download via specialized websites such as Grab that File. Eventually, due to the Myspace crash, some of these songs were lost and I wasn't able to find them anywhere else in the internet. I still have some of them in my computer and I uploaded a couple of songs to Youtube. These two, for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lGoaRHCNpQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO0TtYQw6xk

A song that I remember by head, right now, is "Heroes", by the German power metal band Andra. I have it on my computer, but I still didn't uploaded it onto Youtube. Now that Movie Maker was discontinued, I'll have to find another way to publish the song there.

Kyoson
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:45 pm 

Surprised how there is no an official "lost media" or "lost and found" thread. If some mod sees this: can we make it happen?

pressingtoplead13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:24 pm 

Tbh i'm not sure if you can find these tracks on the internet or not anymore, I know there for awhile they were hard to find. So Mike Beams of Exhumed fame had his only solo band called "Bereave". I remember he posted a song called "Thoughts To a Flame" which I thought was one of the best death metal songs I ever heard. I remember he had a few other songs one of which was entitled "Cremated" and had a sort of Mortician vibe to it.

I spent years trying to get my hands on the "Thoughts To a Flame" song and finally I contacted Mike himself and he was nice enough to burn me a copy of that song and send it to me. He was a very classy dude and I still say that it is an amazing song and I could only have dreamed that he would have continued writing some stuff of his own or have stuck with Exhumed.

thedeadlakes
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:15 pm 

NEKROMANTOR!!! (Featuring Solos by TYRANT of Nifelheim)

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:31 pm 

I used to run a fanzine/distro/label once and thus have demos and plain "tapes" from bands that have to this day zero online presence. i'm pretty sure i'm not the only one either... why?

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:09 am 

Not exactly what you are asking for, but there's a site called Danish Demo Dungeon which is dedicated to collecting and providing officially sanctioned downloads of otherwise unavailable old demos from the Danish underground. Many of them are sourced directly from the original cassette tapes.

http://www.danishdemodungeon.dk/

Icon_of_Sin
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:25 pm 

It's not a band, but an album. After performing a few lazy cursory web searches, I was unable to find this album on the internet:

Digerdöden - Gestalt af smädelsens dolda hord

It's a pretty good dark ambient album that's fitting for the Halloween season (if you're into that.) Their other two albums are black metal.

nightbreaker33
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:34 pm 

There is an Italian band called Bloody Slave that put out a demo in the mid 00's which I happened to come across online. The music is heavy metal with some clean and some growled vocals. Nothing too significant but it was an ok demo. The clean vocals remind me of the voice of the guy who sings on a Chilean band called "Gallows Pole" whose albums for some reason I can't find a physical copy of. It seems These guys don't promote themselves online but Bloody Slave did have a website which is down. They have most likely split up. But yeah I think I stumbled across a very rare CD.

Reply to topic