Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
King_of_Arnor
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:29 pm 

Dragonland's first album in 11 years, The Power of the Nightstar, is being released on October 14th. First single released today:

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/D ... ar/1045135

luis_punisher
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:12 am 

To me are Stratovarius, Kreator, Arch Enemy and Amon Amarth new releases.

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:57 pm 

It just occurred to me that the last Anaal Nathrakh album was in 2020, and it's 2022. They've never had more than a two-year gap between releases.

hallowed78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:39 am 

New Panzerfaust on July 22nd. Looking forward to it, last two were absolute monsters and it seems they keep the quality going.

Spoiler: show

lordcatfish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:07 pm 

Avatarium have announced their new album Death, Where Is Your Sting, which will be out in October. The first single came out a few days ago.

MeavyHetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:05 pm 

Revocation announced their ninth album, Netherheaven. I enjoy their output so I'm pretty stoked for this one.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:30 am 

The new Godthrymm single really is leaning into that Paradise Lost Shades of God/Icon sound and it’s very promising.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:18 pm 

cultofkraken wrote:
The new Godthrymm single really is leaning into that Paradise Lost Shades of God/Icon sound and it’s very promising.

Can't say that I'm hearing it.

The new album by Italian doom/death group In Grief should be cool, based on this track.

ColdBecoming
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:40 pm 

New Cloud Rat full length, Threshold just announced and first track streaming

https://cloudrat.bandcamp.com/album/threshold

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:56 pm 

A-Z (Ray Alder, Mark ZOnder) will release their full length album on 12 August I obviously expected some progressive, this new song sounds like retro hard rock! Pretty cool tune; Ray Alder's voice suits this stuff well.

Paka01
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:16 pm 

colin040 wrote:
A-Z (Ray Alder, Mark ZOnder) will release their full length album on 12 August I obviously expected some progressive, this new song sounds like retro hard rock! Pretty cool tune; Ray Alder's voice suits this stuff well.

Their band logo reminds me of Asia:

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:12 pm 

Gaerea are releasing a new album on September 23, the first single is out now:

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:48 pm 

Kalaratri wrote:
Gaerea are releasing a new album on September 23, the first single is out now:

Sounds cool so far. The video was a bit too much but the song is cool. The vocals are e bit less Nergal-ish this time around it seems.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:25 pm 

Just saw the new Defleshed full length called “Grind Over Matter” coming out on 28-10-22. If the couple tracks they put out last year are any indicator, they still got it.

I Am the Law
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:30 pm 

cultofkraken wrote:
Just saw the new Defleshed full length called “Grind Over Matter” coming out on 28-10-22. If the couple tracks they put out last year are any indicator, they still got it.

The short teaser on their Facebook page sounds pretty much like the Fleshless and Wild single released last year. Should be a good one.

Last edited by I Am the Law on Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aldrahn333
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:52 pm 

hallowed78 wrote:
New Panzerfaust on July 22nd. Looking forward to it, last two were absolute monsters and it seems they keep the quality going.

another track was released today

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:53 pm 

Trial (Swe) just announced they're releasing a new album on September 2. The first single sounds pretty good.

Speed Metal Terror
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:20 pm 

cultofkraken wrote:

I didn't even know they were back together. I am excite.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:24 pm 

Probably not coming out this year, but new Church of Misery album in the works!

It has been 6 years since the last album "And then there were none" released in 2016. Finally, Church of Misery will start recording for new album in this summer!
TATSU MIKAMI (bass) and HIROYUKI TAKANO (vocals) will do the recording with supporting musicians for this album. TOSHIAKI UMEMURA on drums (Sonic Flower, ex-AUMA) who also plays on the Sonic Flower new album. And on guitar, Japanese Doom Guru YUKITO OKAZAKI (Eternal Elysium). Eternal Elysium is a doom band with a longer career than Church of Misery actually!
Recording will be start at the end of August in Tokyo and Nagoya Japan. The album will be total 7 songs that consist of 6 new songs plus one cover song of a 70's heavy rock band. The album will continue to be released on Rise Above Records.
More details will be announced as they become available!

https://www.facebook.com/churchofmiserydoom/posts/pfbid02EekPcad8CZwhe9u8rKmc9txRYLDuUbwayqZRhAsGk6g3pZcCKcmG1pUj1JW63MgJl

Interesting they still can't seem to get a full lineup together and need to use guest musicians again. But their last album with three guest musicians was their best album yet, so I'm definitely looking forward to this.

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:00 pm 

First Defleshed, now Epoch of Unlight -- it's like my favorite late 90s/early 2000s ghosts are coming back to haunt me. Had no idea that EoU had been steadily posting song snippets for the last several months. The new album seems to be finished, there's a single on BC, and their Facebook is loaded with 30 sec samples of the unmastered versions of most of the songs. They definitely have fully embraced the "modern" sound; the drums have that Unique Leader tech death thing going on. I miss the rough edges of their first two albums, but oh well. The melodicism and personality are still there. Cool guitar flourishes too. Look forward to this bigtime.

https://epochofunlight.bandcamp.com/tra ... ine-line-2

https://www.facebook.com/EpochOfUnlight/

I Am the Law
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:40 pm 

I remember reading a while back, maybe even a few years ago, they were working on a new album. Your description of it is pretty dead on. There are moments where it's similar to the older albums but not many. I'm not sure I'm digging this too much but I'll give it a spin when it comes out.

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:11 am 

Not a clue where to stick this but I just happened to see a post from Nile's Facebook page saying they're doing preproduction for a new album. Vile Nilotic Rites was surprisingly fresh sounding, if not the Nile that I'll always love for those first four albums (and more especially the first two, if I'm being honest). Dunno if this will count as a 2022 release.

Link here.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:16 pm 

Just got an email from Black Lion Records about the new Sarcator album “Alkahest” out on Oct. 21st 2022. Interested to hear where they’re going with this one, the cover art is cool I think, hopefully we’ll hear something soon.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:02 am 

Man between Stratovarius, Dragonland, Threshold, Avantasia, Tad Morose and I think I may be forgetting one or two, this fall is gonna be such a bonanza for the old melodic metal acts I grew up with.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:21 pm 

For OSDM fans, both Acephalix and Innumerable Forms are releasing new records in September.

I Am the Law
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:05 pm 

There's a new Strigoi (ex-Vallenfyre) album coming out, titled Viscera. It sounds like more of the same from Abandon All Faith, crusty death metal with some doom influences.

https://strigoiofficial.bandcamp.com/album/viscera

MeavyHetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:32 pm 

Gutvoid are finally releasing their debut album, absolutely stoked for this one. Otherworldly death metal that channels both heavy, crushing doom and Demilich-esque weirdness in the same song.

snarg
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:45 pm 

Sick6Six wrote:
I don't think anyone has mentioned BlackBraid (one word or 2?) yet. I just listened to both singles for the first time and they're fuckin awesome. US solo "atmospheric black metal" project with "Indigenous American mythology" as lyrical themes. TBH I don't think it needs the atmospheric tag, it's just really exceptional black metal. Album coming soon, but no date yet.

Anyone has any update on a release date for this one. Fuck me, those singles are something fierce.

AlienZombie
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:46 pm 

snarg wrote:
Sick6Six wrote:
I don't think anyone has mentioned BlackBraid (one word or 2?) yet. I just listened to both singles for the first time and they're fuckin awesome. US solo "atmospheric black metal" project with "Indigenous American mythology" as lyrical themes. TBH I don't think it needs the atmospheric tag, it's just really exceptional black metal. Album coming soon, but no date yet.

Anyone has any update on a release date for this one. Fuck me, those singles are something fierce.

August 26th; 2nd round of pre-orders is up now.

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:08 pm 

+1 on Blackbraid. Those singles rip.

I'm also really excited for the upcoming ColdWorld album, seems like it's gonna be good.

HeavenDuff
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:09 pm 

MeavyHetal wrote:
Gutvoid are finally releasing their debut album, absolutely stoked for this one. Otherworldly death metal that channels both heavy, crushing doom and Demilich-esque weirdness in the same song.

That new single rips! Solid stuff! Can't wait for the LP! :headbang:

SD Plissken
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:49 pm 

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:42 pm 

SD Plissken wrote:

Not particularly excited about this to be honest, it's essentially just a compilation of older Sodom songs being rerecorded (they picked one track from each of their previous records) to celebrate their 40th anniversary as a band. It might be worth it for the die hard fans, but if it was actually new material I'd care a lot more.

Last edited by Kalaratri on Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:20 am 

Yeah, I'm a big Sodom fan and this release doesn't excite me. Much, much prefer a new album.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Type VIIC
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:27 am 

At least they went outside the box with the song selection. We just got a new record with Genesis so I'm not too disappointed.

I Am the Law
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:27 pm 

Embrace of Thorns just announced their new album Entropy Dynamics, due out on October 10th. I liked the last album Scorn Aesthetics a lot so I have high hopes for this one.

https://nuclearwinterrecords.bandcamp.c ... y-dynamics

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:34 pm 

Spiritworld just put out a single for their yet-to-be announced album. If you're into Power Trip or bands like Ringworm they're definitely worth checking out:

Imprecation also announced they're releasing a new album, titled In Nomine Diaboli, on October 14 through Dark Descent. They've released the first single:

e_ddi_e
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:21 am 

The two released songs from the upcoming Spiritus Mortis album (16 September) are just incredibly good. Can't wait for it to be released!

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:53 pm 

Faceless Burial are releasing a new record, At the Foothills of Deliration, on October 7 through Dark Descent and Me Saco Un Ojo. They've already released the first single which slays as expected.

https://mesacounojo.bandcamp.com/album/at-the-foothills-of-deliration

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:55 pm 

https://sonjaband.bandcamp.com/album/loud-arriver

Sonja's coming out with an album. Alongside Sanhedrin and Blood Star definitely some of the best new trad metal.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next