Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
KingSpooky
The Man, The Machine, The Legend

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:24 pm 

MDL wrote:
I have been very busy lately and didn't do much work on the report queue, but now, I've cleaned up a bunch of them.

I have some assigned reports awaiting for a response, by the bands I've contacted, or the users who have been checked to verify the report, unsure if they've already read the message or not.

Thanks, and excellent job. I sent an alert to you about two of these reports just now where the person read your request for attention several days ago and there wasn't a response.

KingSpooky

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:06 pm 

Hey guys,
We're at about 400 reports now - not in terrible shape, but it was going really well there when we were able to maintain under 200 for a while, solving issues really quickly and having the queue feel very manageable. If anyone happens to have time to work on a few, it would help out a lot and would of course be appreciated. Cheers.

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:07 pm 

KingSpooky wrote:
Hey guys,
We're at about 400 reports now - not in terrible shape, but it was going really well there when we were able to maintain under 200 for a while, solving issues really quickly and having the queue feel very manageable. If anyone happens to have time to work on a few, it would help out a lot and would of course be appreciated. Cheers.

I was trying to nibble at it, but visitor reports with broken links really gums up the process.

KingSpooky

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:01 pm 

Thanks for grabbing some of those. We're down about 75 now, so it's been awesome progress. Yeah - reports that are unclear, have no evidence, dead links, etc. can be closed. If it seems very important, sometimes I'll research it for a couple of minutes, but definitely don't want to have them taking up a lot of space in there, or to waste a ton of time on something that 'might' be factual information worth updating of a random band of no particular interest. It could be asked of the reporter to enter in a new report with proper information by users able to request their attention. If a report is waiting on the attention of someone and no further action can be taken until a response arrives, if you wouldn't mind checking back on it at a later date, feel free to take assignment for it in the interest of keeping the main queue from becoming swamped. Really appreciate the effort in getting the number down over the last several hours.

MDL
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:21 pm 

Precisely, that's one of my questions. For those obscure and unknown bands that have no social media or mention of information anywhere else, that get a report from a visitor that uses "I am the singer" as a source, what should we do? I believe we really shouldn't be splitting hairs on that, since there are no ways to contact a band or to verify if that's correct, in some cases.

GraveWish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:13 am 

Use your common sense on those. Most of them are more than likely legit reports.

KingSpooky

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:13 am 

Unassigned reports are down to 261 - roughly 140 taken care of in the last 11 hours. Incredible job, guys !!!!!

GraveWish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:15 am 

KingSpooky wrote:
Unassigned reports are down to 261 - roughly 140 taken care of in the last 11 hours. Incredible job, guys !!!!!

Yea well I did 80 of them today, and counting.

KingSpooky

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:20 am 

Damn, excellent job man.

Planetary_Misfortune
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:00 am 

About 75 cleared, oldest in particular

KingSpooky

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:03 pm 

The total report number has been creeping up slowly for a while, and is at 636 (unassigned) at the moment. It would be a huge help if anyone is able to do a few of them. Later I will work on the ones for wrong genre, and am planning to put an effort into getting the # back down over the next several days. Would be great to have them back to around 200, so that we can have a fast turnaround on fixing mistakes and updates rather than outdated info being shown, workers of the queue possibly feeling overwhelmed, people eager to see corrections made becoming frustrated. Thanks a lot for the help.

KingSpooky

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:10 pm 

Excellent work, everyone who helped to get reports below 600 (unassigned) tonight. Maybe tomorrow we can shoot for under 500.

KingSpooky

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:57 pm 

We're down to 499 now. Great job, everyone that's been working on reports.

KingSpooky

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:16 pm 

The number of unassigned reports has climbed up a lot lately (1,224 at the moment). I took a much-needed break from the queues for a couple of weeks, but have been back at them again today. Would be awesome if we could clear out those reports by the end of the year, or at least get them into decent shape. If anyone is able to knock out a few as you get spare moments, it would really help out a lot. As terrible as it looks with that high number, if we get 724 completed (a lot, but not an insane amount), we'll be back to 500 again - a totally manageable number to work with, where important ones can be noticed rather than lost and neglected for potentially long periods of time.
Another thing that could be helpful in this regard is for those considering putting a report in, to try to solve the problem yourself rather than request the time and attention of the people tending to a 4-digit number of them. For one thing, you are already aware of the issue by the time you put in the report. In the time it took to write out and explain, and another person to start at square one, reading what comes sometimes as 3+ paragraphs to begin to consider what should be done, there has already been some time wasted. While some adjustments can only be made by moderators, there are a lot that appear to stem from laziness, or even seemingly enjoying putting reports in for the hell of it - at times being really no reason for them to have been submitted. You could always ask questions in Discord if you'd like to resolve a problem yourself but are not exactly sure of a policy, and want to get clarification. Inquiries sometimes aren't noticed in the forum, so this is another option for communication, and picking up some tips on how to contribute more effectively.
It would also be appreciated if there aren't a ton of overly picky wrong genre reports incoming, and to hold off in cases where you're requesting a change because of a few new songs instead of an album or two undeniably in a different direction, and when the listed genre is already ridiculously long and convoluted.
The whole site will basically run more smoothly if we don't let those reports stack up and fester in there, causing people to feel/act impatient at times, and making it tougher to spend time working through the band queue, researching, improving crappy-looking logos, completing line-ups, updating links, etc.
Maybe we can catch up over the next month. Will do what I can to help out on it, and if you are able to do the same it would be highly appreciated.

KingSpooky

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:37 pm 

There are 100 less reports in there now than there were about 24 hours ago. That's an awesome start to getting caught up.

KingSpooky

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:42 pm 

Down to 1,063 now - this is great. We could get below 1,000 today at the rate we're going.

KingSpooky

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:12 am 

999 - thanks for the solid effort! Going to work more on the band queue tomorrow since it's been falling behind. It would be really cool if these stay under 1,000, and thanks in advance for any help you might put in to maintain where it's at now.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:29 am 

We've updated the categories for reports in the queue.

Existing reports in the queue will need their categories manually changed, but moving forward users will be able to select categories which give more specific reasons for the report. Hopefully this will help y'all know what you're getting into when you enter the report queue, instead of trying to guess what's listed under the "General update / mistakes" category.

As part of this change, some report categories (eg. duplicate entry) are not automatically elevated to a moderator's attention, as knights should be able to help out with them, too.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

Planetary_Misfortune
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:38 am 

Knocked around 100-120 out of the queue.

KingSpooky

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:02 am 

Reports have been increasing steadily for a while, and currently there are 1,345 unassigned. If anyone has a chance to work on them, it would be appreciated.

KingSpooky

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:50 pm 

Up 67 since 2 days ago. Progress is being made in reverse here, unfortunately.

KingSpooky

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:05 pm 

+78 since 5 days ago. Anyone have some extra time to help out? Steadily falling behind over there.

KingSpooky

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:25 am 

Getting back to working on these again.. 2,586 unassigned at the moment. Maybe we can get it back down below 1,000 pretty soon. Just a few per day done by someone that doesn't usually do reports, or a few extra by someone that does can really add up.

KingSpooky

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:52 pm 

Solved 108 of them between Friday-Sunday. Overall the count is 2,530 unassigned, so down 56 since the last post.

eviluus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:38 am 

Now, it's approx 2470.

But I will probably soon stop working on reports, so could this "mysterious smasher" continue the job? ;)

KingSpooky

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:12 am 

Haha. We could knock them out quickly if there were a dozen or so mysterious smashers that came out of the woodwork for a week or two.

KingSpooky

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:12 am 

2,077 now.. We're down over 500 from 5 days ago. Would be great to get them under 2,000 today. Already starting to feel more manageable, though. I'll work on them some more later. Put in a few hours this morning, mostly on 'missing credit' reports. Thanks for the help, everyone else who's been doing some.

KingSpooky

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:15 pm 

Hey guys, we're killing it in reports. 1,946 unassigned left now (down 130 in 13 hours). Easily hit the goal of getting to under 2,000 today, too. Excellent work! Planning to keep at it tomorrow, and hope that some of you will be able to as well. Thanks for helping to get that queue out of the 'shithouse' state that it's been in for several months.

KingSpooky

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:27 am 

Down to 1899. Good job today.

eviluus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:26 pm 

It starts to remind tug of war - whenever number of reports gets reduced, the number of bands in the queue grows. And then the opposite way ;)

KingSpooky

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:54 pm 

Haha, yes. We didn't make major progress today, but at least the number isn't higher then yesterday. A lot of reports came in, and may were taken care of. I'll try to keep at the image change reports for another hour or so. Maybe this weekend we can get rid of a couple hundred of them.

KingSpooky

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:14 pm 

1747 now - another day of excellent progress in reports. Going to keep working on them for a while. Maybe we can get them under 1700. At the moment they're down 152 in 44 hours (most of which were done today).

(edit, 12:15am eastern standard time) - Signing out with reports at 1677 - down 909 from less than 9 days ago. Amazing job, guys! Tomorrow I'm going to work on catching up with lyric typing, and will hit the band queue for a while, but hopefully we can keep doing damage the way we have been with reports.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:10 am 

Many people (including me) constantly forget that aside from the regular report queue, there also is a queue for "resolved" reports that need high-rank users (Knights or Mods) to double-check the changes, close the reports and give points if needed.

We currently have over 4,000 reports there, the oldest of them dating back to March 2021.

Soo...just a little reminder that this also needs workers and if any of our Metal Knights want to help out here, it would very much be appreciated.

Auselesspileofflesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:54 pm 

I'll try and help out when and where I can

KingSpooky

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:18 pm 

1,339 unassigned currently, and the number has been progressively decreasing. It's been a long time since it got under 1,000. Could happen soon at this rate.

Planetary_Misfortune
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:58 am 

I've been on hiatus for a few months due to a tragic and unexpected death in the family. I'm starting to ramp up my activity again now.

I've taken a good chunk of reports and will work on them over the coming day(s).

Planetary_Misfortune
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:58 am 

PaganiusI wrote:
Many people (including me) constantly forget that aside from the regular report queue, there also is a queue for "resolved" reports that need high-rank users (Knights or Mods) to double-check the changes, close the reports and give points if needed.

We currently have over 4,000 reports there, the oldest of them dating back to March 2021.

Soo...just a little reminder that this also needs workers and if any of our Metal Knights want to help out here, it would very much be appreciated.

I can take a look at those.

KingSpooky

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:53 pm 

Under 900 unassigned now. At this rate we could be caught up by around the 10th of next month (other than side tasks like double checking and closing reports that were already handled).

Planetary_Misfortune
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:08 am 

Another 30-40 done today, hit a roadblock as many of the reports now require something to be deleted or a genre change. I'll still filter through the older stuff and see if anyone has added context so things can be progressed.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13