* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:11 am 

From the queue

Important reminders:

a) * The band must meet our requirements in terms of musical style: in other words, be "metal enough";
b) * The band must have already possess a physical release: in other words, a valid proof of its existence.

You see the two points a) and b)

In the time of submission, BOTH must be fullfilled, both a) and b), not just one.

Rule 7

7) Proof of existence

First, the band must have at least released SOME material. If you don't even have a demo... forget it. The band might have been formed, even got a logo, but how will we know that they won't just disband before even recording any song? An mp3 or two on MySpace or mp3.com-like websites is not enough. The band must have a demo out - this is the minimum. If you want to add your band, and you *know* you will release something soon, simply wait until it's released before submitting it!

It would be best if there is mention of the band anywhere on the Web, even if it's just a demo review. Otherwise, it could be a joke band and we have no way of knowing. If you have complete line-up information and/or album titles with tracklisting, even if there is no mention anywhere else on the Internet (that'll mean the Encyclopaedia will have the exclusive information! ;)), it's already better than just the minimal information with no album.
As this rule was added several months after the site's launch, it's possible that some bands already on the Encyclopaedia are breaking it. If you KNOW a band listed here that virtually doesn't exist, feel free to report it.
(Note that 0 results on Google might not prove it doesn't exist, but it doesn't mean it never existed either - it just helps us if we see a mention somewhere on the Web.

Important part:

The band must have a demo out - this is the minimum. If you want to add your band, and you *know* you will release something soon, simply wait until it's released before submitting it!

So even when a band is signed, wait for the official release date, that is the moment of the release.

IT is NOT JUST about proof of existence, it is about HAVING A PHYSICAL RELEASE OFFICIALLY out in the time of submission. When a release date is announced, we simply wait for the release date. That is the MOMENT of release. When someone gets an album before the release date, it is strange and completely uncommon, but for the sake of continuity and a dangerous precedens, we wait for the official release date anmnounced by the label or band's official homepage.

Also, when a band changes its name, it is judged as a separate entity, which must have their releases on their own.

Even a band, which exists and has a homepage, will be rejected, WHEN Their ALBUM/DEMO was not released yet or they have not recorded any.

One more reminder, you will reach absolutely nothing by trolling out the forum or insulting the staff, only a ban.

You can ask about a submission, firmly and calmly, but in the moment you will apply insults, will show blatant lack of knowledge about our rules, or show signs of problems with reading comprehension, you will be treated in a rather harsh way. We here really do not have the nerves for constant unprecedented whinning.

Questions??
Let me tell you something, band members, who suffer from a severe case of persecution mania, who have problems with reading comprehension and who even support their producer's idea to troll the hell out of the forum in order to reach their unjust goals and who allow their forum members to constantly insult this database and its stuff need to be mentioned, here and now.

Not to speak about the fact, that their producer has compared me to gestapo officer gassing jews, which is simply unforgivable.

I can swallow most insults, but 1. Some of my relatives were persecuted during the WWII
2. That being said by a German is beyond disgusting.

The still registered band members can take a stance to it, but in a civilized manner and with a knowledge of our rules this time.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/ales ... wow-4.html

JoeCapricorn
Needs to stop pissing off the mods

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:10 pm 

I can't wait until this album is released so this whole hoohah over Alestorm is over and done with.

Let's just hope they don't decide to change their name again for their next album...

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:17 pm 

JoeCapricorn wrote:
I can't wait until this album is released so this whole hoohah over Alestorm is over and done with.

Let's just hope they don't decide to change their name again for their next album...

It will be out next Friday in Europe, so hopefully that will end it. There was another power metal band called Battleheart from Belgium, but as far as I know, there is no other Alestorm yet.

I have actually quite liked their music, but now it leaves a bitter taste for me.
I still cannot get, how their guitarist got the idea, that we think they do not exist and has injected their raving fanbase with it.

4everTortured
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:41 pm 

Witcher wrote:
JoeCapricorn wrote:

It will be out next Friday in Europe, so hopefully that will end it. There was another power metal band called Battleheart from Belgium, but as far as I know, there is no other Alestorm yet.

I have actually quite liked their music, but now it leaves a bitter taste for me.
I still cannot get, how their guitarist got the idea, that we think they do not exist and has injected their raving fanbase with it.

Actually it was because Napalm Records had a band called "Battlelore" on their label already, they thought "Battleheart" sounded too similar, so they asked them to change it. They eventually stuck with "Alestorm".

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:10 pm 

4everTortured wrote:
Witcher wrote:
JoeCapricorn wrote:

Actually it was because Napalm Records had a band called "Battlelore" on their label already, they thought "Battleheart" sounded too similar, so they asked them to change it. They eventually stuck with "Alestorm".

Interesting, I would think that bands today will check on the internet, before they come up with the name, in order to avoid duplicates. Judging from the number of Demogorgons and Tyrants, they do not bother. There are dozens of Battle- something bands in the world, anyway, so it cannot get more confusing.

Reply to topic