Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
CandideCamera
Pour l'encouragement des autres

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 1:27 am 

oops double post

Last edited by CandideCamera on Sun May 02, 2004 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scorpio
Healthy Dose of Reality

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 1:31 am 

the guy's a tard, eliminate his reviews, and durst him.

CandideCamera

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 2:01 am 

dursting him seems a tad harsh, but hey why the fuck not get trigger happy!

CandideCamera

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 2:10 am 

2 for one special on disgorge!

Maybe Even Better Than Mexican Disgorge? - 95%
Written by Samana88 on December 30th, 2003

I was told about this album by a friend, instantly i had to see what was up with this band who was said to be so gorey, so not understandable, and so quick. And well, yes, the lyrics are gorey (if you can understand him), yes the vocals are VERY crunchy (sounds like a sink that needs plumbing), and yes the speeds that Disgorge reach are very quick (the drumming sounds like a machine gun going off on a dumpster). Now for the unloved parts of She Lay Gutted, the songs all pretty much sound the same, sorta like on Consume The Forsaken, you heard one song, you heard em all! But that doesnt get in the way, Disgorge still is an excellent band, maybe even better than Mexican Disgorge??? Some of the highlights of this album were She Lay Gutted, and Sodomize The Bleeding.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Earfucking torture - 96%
Written by Cinerary on August 10th, 2002

Bruuuuuutal fucking Death Metal begins to pummel you from the beginning until the end. Vocalist Matti Way is proving himself as a god in the growling department. Pure sickfuck madness from start to finish. The drumming is phenomenal, constant ultra-fast exploding your eardrums blastbeats. Songs like 'False Conception' talks about butchering the Virgin Mary and sickingly decapitating the unborn Christ. There are no weak links on this nine-song massacre of your eardrums, just pure fucking sickness all the way through.

ick, that album is fast, brutal and so GOREY!! cinerary's reviews could use a little slimming, he must write for a crappy webzine or something. Tom's reviews should probably be looked over as well.

Stonecold
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 4:33 am 

Scorpio wrote:
the guy's a tard, eliminate his reviews, and durst him.
Still, not incredibly dysfunctional - for a guy who calls himself StickyshooZ. JumboTangyZizzle might still be his father.

Stonecold
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 5:07 am 

Would it have hurt to write a few more sentences?
http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=13023

Quote:
What's the point?! - 70%
Written by Snxke on April 18th, 2003

Yeah, it's a good performance is you are a big fan of the Ripper era of the band. The mix is more solid and for the band is good. Ripper in my opinion overdoes the highs as if he is trying to prove some point. This is all stuff we've heard before and it's not very interesting in the slightest...

Good art, good mix, good Ripper-era performance...

OH YEAH. GET THE DVD INSTEAD.

Pyrus
Rabbi of Riffage

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 6:03 pm 

Speeddemon–POST LINKS. I'm not hunting the damn things down myself.

I think that Probot review is grounds for, at the very least, stealing all his points. I'll do that next time he submits something.

I'm gonna keep that Snxke review, cause it's a live album and those don't require the same depth of description. He tells us that it's a good performance with good production, that Ripper overdoes the high notes, and that there's really nothing new to the album to be described. That last one makes it worth keeping.

Reaper
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 8:45 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=3954

The top-most one. It's very minimal in the description, as though the person didn't even listen to the CD, but just refuted the previous reviewer's opinion.

Pyrus
Rabbi of Riffage

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 9:04 pm 

kaput

Orphaned_Light
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 9:18 pm 

So you're going to leave the Probot one...?

CandideCamera

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 9:19 pm 

there's only one d buddy, no stutte for me, heh. damn it i'm LAZY!!! ok hold on now:

sticky probot
http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=36235#9043
sticky Sfu
http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=25529#9043
disgorge
cinerary
http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=1223#66
samana - honestly just Durst the motherfucker, if not for the horribly annoying profile, then for all the minimalist reviews. pisses me off.
http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=1223#5547
cinerary's reviews (which should all be looked over IMO)
http://www.metal-archives.com/userrevie ... e=Cinerary

CandideCamera

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 11:56 pm 

Wtf - 5%
Written by ConservativeShithead on May 2nd, 2004

What the hell went wrong, they were going so well then BAM!, they hit you with Swansong. This pathetic excuse for an album is some sort of Heavy Rock....So you can imagine my surprise when i brought the CD and got Radio Mainstream Rock. Ok, talking about the album now , Bill Steer does nothing new or exciting on this Album, i was expecting something from him but it didnt happen, the drums are slow and boring, Bass playing is non-exsistent, and the vocals was about the only thing acceptable on this album, they werent good but they had that Death Metal feel to them...if only they had done the same with the rest of the album.

To wrap things up, do not buy this album if you are a Expecting 'Necroticism' or 'Putrefaction' if you do....prepare for a Shock!, for the Heavy Metal rock people this album might interest you...
----------------------------------------------------------------
i'm not too sure, but it looked awfully iffy. maybe if you summarize it.

Heavy Rock
Radio Mainstream Rock
slow drums
not a lot of bass guitar (oh i thought all metal albums had geezer on them)
vox are still closs to DM, but not consistent.
not the same as previous releases

i dunno it's really close...

Pyrus
Rabbi of Riffage

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 1:58 am 

Killed everything but the Carcass, and I'l go over Cinerary's reviews when I've got time.

Reaper
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 6:36 am 

Bloodthirsty...................... :evil:

Fucking Hilarious :lol:

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=2790#201

Quote:
BAD CD STAY AWAY - 0%
Written by Soilworker on August 30th, 2002

Metallica completely sucks, and they have since the black album came out. All they do now is sit around jerking off, counting their millions, and making new age crap rock. This CD is completely horrible.. I shouldnt be reviewing it, because I never should have bought it in the first place. Songs like "Slither" and "Bad Seed" make me want to puke. This album is disgusting, and that is the only word for it. I cannot, with words, describe how truly pathetic this album is, its not metal and metallica should be taken off this site. Dont buy this CD unless you feel the need to pay $20 to wipe your ass with the CD booklett and send it to the metallica fan club. Hope this points you in the right direcion.
-Soilworker

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doesn't really explain anything.

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=1369

Quote:
Master Piss - 35%
Written by DarkEyesofSorrow on July 15th, 2003

The "Masterpeace" is nothing of what was Metal Church was in the day of say...... any other album. An uninspired, let's make the old band, hook-up and shuffle off a CD hoping die-hards (myself) would purchase our latest in a frenzy of servitude. It worked probably well, I was duped. Nothing retains any passion in songwriting, riffage or simple greatness that these guys were.
I was dissappointed with every song. Believe me....I listened more than once,
and the only track worth mentioning is "Falldown", It has some of the former spark of the church goers but, is still a sad reminder of better days.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minimal

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=823#78

Quote:
Buggle! - 54%
Written by PumpkinFlyFree on July 22nd, 2002

Most every song on here is fun if you look at it in a "rock n' roll" perspective. It's not some all out blazing metal fest, but if you are a fan of AC/DC's approach you should enjoy this. Fast As A Shark is a classic speed number. Unfortunately, it suffers after repeated listens. Flash Rockin' Man, Shake Your Heads, and of course the title track are some of my personal favorites. In my opinion, only 2 of the songs on here are far below the margin, and those would be Neon Nights and Princess Of The Dawn. Those two get old really fast. For the most part though you can just pop this cd in and rock n' roll.

Here are a couple for Megadeth:

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=671#177

Quote:
Megadeth's Risk licks balls - 2%
Written by Rat_Salad666 on May 3rd, 2003

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS! I spent 18 bucks for this, don't get me wrong i love megadeth and they can kick craptallica's ass any day but come on. this album is so poor if their record deal was with an elevator company i'd understand but still. this is low and i mean low I want my 18 bucks back. The only reason i gave it 2% was for crush 'em it's good for football games. Oh and by the way Dave your enter the arena riff is a complete rip off of the crue's shout at the devil.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Risk = Really, incredibly shitty krap! - 4%
Written by RequiredFields on April 30th, 2003

I can't believe Megadeth even considered releasing this album. They could have gone in the Rust in Peace direction, but no, they had to release this abortion.

This is even closer to sounding like Puff Daddy than older Megadeth. I am 100% serious. Risk is not a metal album, it's more like a slightly harder version of airy techno-pop. If you come here expecting metal, don't touch this, it's not metal. There is only one metal riff on the album ("Prince of Darkness"), and it isn't even a great riff.

This is such a bad album, that even on the live album Megadeth released after The World Needs a Hero, there was not a single song on Risk to be found. That's because even Megadeth knows that nobody likes Risk. I wasn't a fan of Cryptic Writings, but everybody knows that it's better than Risk. That's a no brainer.

Quote:
MegaCRAP. - 5%
Written by Ktulu on January 9th, 2003

This is even worse than Metallica's Load. There is not an ounce of metalness on this album. Half of it sounds like rejections from Oasis songwriting sessions. Hell, Oasis have released heavier albums than this! I think the worst is "Breadline", although it's hard to choose shit over shit, because "Insomnia" is pretty fucking horrible in all its retro-inspired glory. Anyway, Mustaine wanted to out-do Metallica, and he definitely has in the suck factor category.

Quote:
What is this even doing on a Metal website? - 7%
Written by The_Ghost_of_Room237 on January 5th, 2003

Metallica was even laughing after the release of “Risk”. Lars Ulrich allegedly stated “Dude, I thought that we were pretty fuckin’ unmetal!”.

This album is a sad attempt to score radio airplay; the music bears little to no resemblance to classic Megadeth. The only solace I take with this record is that it bombed miserably. In the immortal words of that black guy from the movie Repo man: “I call BULLSHIT on this album”.

Quote:
Awful - 10%
Written by Thrash_Till_Death on November 25th, 2002

The story behind this cd is that Lars Ulrich told Dave he needed to take more risks in the music world. If you listen to Lars, your going to go down the shitter. The cd is titled well then, since it was a risk to put out such garbage with the name Megadeth on it.

I'm a loss for words as to what to actually write about this cd. There is slow uber-crappy songs on here, a couple songs where the band seems to be trying to go back to their 80s roots and failing quite badly. See Prince of Darkness for an example of this. It should be titled Prince of Boring. I don't mind the song Crush' Em and about half of Insomnia. As for the rest of this cd, its best used as a frisbee.

At least after this cd the band put out a live cd (waited long enough) and a half decentcd in world needs a hero. Some bands are better off calling it a day and sadly, this was the case with Megadeth.

Quote:
A very shiny turd - 0%
Written by Hail_Satan on August 13th, 2002

The risk of this album involved longtime Megadeth fans hoping that Mustaine and company would turn the old ship around and sail back into thrashier waters. Unfortunately, they further stayed the course of mediocrity and crashed headlong into the iceberg of mainstream commercial pandering.

Risk can't even pretend to be metal -- it's sugary, overproduced, tepidly rocking pop music. "Crush 'Em" is a shameful, moronic sing-a-long that churns the stomach. "Breadline" is ideal for your local adult contemporary "Hits of the 80s, 90s, and Today" radio station. The Mustaine of 20 years ago would punch his present self in the groin for writing such pap.

I can't be hard enough on this album. I might recommend it to my mother as easy-listening music while she vacuums her house, but to me, as a metalhead, it's unforgivable.

1/5 = 0%

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is so fucking minimal:

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=2638

Quote:
AAAAAA!!! What happened?!? - 10%
Written by Ktulu on September 3rd, 2002

You know, I was really excited for this album. I liked the black album, I thought it was pretty good. No Master of Puppets, but it was good. And then this. What ass. Horrible. No riffs, no nothing. The only decent song on it is "Bleeding Me" and even that sucks. Where the hell is Cliff when you need him?

Quote:
Cashtallica - 5%
Written by Symphony_Of_Terror on February 4th, 2003

The only thing this album is better than is Pop and Rap, I'd rather listen to a tanked up kenny rogers play christmass songs than this album. But if you like crappy pop or nu metal, then go ahead an buy this album by cashtallica. All the songs blow, Metallica is capable of so much more. This is their first full album that brings them out of true metal, and into whatever crap you want to call this, DON"T BUY THIS ALBUM FOR ANY PRICE.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=21427

Quote:
Decent hardcore...but not much else... - 70%
Written by Snxke on May 29th, 2003

Unlike my esteemed friend Boris I don't have such a hatred for core' ideas and this song actually has a decent thumpalong section and groove. Unfortunatly it doesn't fix Metallica's creative woes or recreate the system in which they were created.

Metallica should be doing METALLICA records - not attempting to ape off of Black Flag and the The Explioted. If you want something core-ish that rages like this but harder - try the Explioted and their new CD "Fuck the System".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=9848

Quote:
Fuel... - 10%
Written by Grave on May 2nd, 2003

When I first heard Fuel, I laughed.... and laughed very hard. This is the perfect example of a band that went to shit as they got older. Who cares about the live tracks? Go buy Live Shit if you want to hear them. The Live Shit versions are far superior anyway. Do yourself a favor and avoid this uselss trash at all costs. Unless you want a new beer coaster, in which I recommend you use it for if you already own this single.

meh....

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=12635

Quote:
What's the point??? - 23%
Written by langstondrive on September 14th, 2003

Ok, I do realize that this is intended as a promotional item to get new fans into Metallica's older music so that they go out and buy the CD's and Metallica gets piss rich.

However

I can think of MANY better Metallica songs for getting new fans into their music. Out of the songs on here, I would keep Creeping Death and For Whom the Bell Tolls. My question: where the hell is Master of Puppets? Where is Sanitarium? In fact, where is ANYTHING off of Metallica's best ever album? IMO, Metallica made a really stupid move with this one. Worst promo ever.

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=9834

Quote:
Worst single from the black album - 50%
Written by evilution on April 6th, 2003

In 1992, Metallica was invited to take part in a Tribute Concert to Freddy Mercury, and in typical record-company fashion, their label decided to cash in by releasing Metallica's performance as an "official" bootleg to try and get a few more bucks from the fans. So that's what we have here, the three biggest hits from the black album, performed live to a somewhat indifferent audience. If they absolutely needed to release this, it should have included Hetfield's performance with Queen, which would have been more interesting and more entertaining.

I would post more, but I don't want to bury you in work. :grin:

Seriously, I hope it doesn't take too long to delete them, I'm just pretty sick of seeing horrid reviews all the time. Just trying to purge the database of these reviews a bit. :grin:

Benighted
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 10:25 am 

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=10200

Quote:
March To The Black Holocaust!!! \m/ - 98%
Written by Winterkaelte on July 13th, 2003

Wow what a kick-ass Split!! The Vlad Tepes tracks have better sound qaulity and better vocals and more clear instruments and all the tracks are great. The stand out tracks I beleive are under the carpathian yoke, diabolical reaps and in holocaust to the natural darkness. I just got this recently and its the greatest Vlad Tepes album and greatest split I've come across so far. Truly worth it! The Belketre tracks are great aswell, the sound qaulity is great and theres some killer riffs in here. Overall this is a great release. SO BUY IT!

Of course it's a great split. But tell me why it's great.

Pyrus
Rabbi of Riffage

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 11:43 am 

Nuked a whooooole bunch of shit. And don't worry about overwhelming me with work; it's almost the end of the semester, so I've got plenty of spare time. I'm even actually going through the band queue! :D

Reaper
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 1:18 pm 

Pyrus wrote:
Nuked a whooooole bunch of shit. And don't worry about overwhelming me with work; it's almost the end of the semester, so I've got plenty of spare time. I'm even actually going through the band queue! :D

:grin: Image Eggggcellent :evil: *Searches for more worthless reviews.*

Last edited by Reaper on Mon May 03, 2004 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BARD_Jean_Pierre
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 1:31 pm 

Nuke this one:

Quote:
Sarcofago's The End? - 49%
Written by Tom on March 12th, 2004

Really worthless EP! Wagner and Minelli doesn't have any more power and bestial minds to make a great Sarcofago release...SADLY NO MORE!!!

As every freak knows they use since "The Worst" album a commputer programmin drums which suxxx! They heaven't lost the brutality and beatin' are unreally fast..it sounds like a creepin' shit. Wagners voice are too growly
even for sarcofago i think here aren't some lirycs....4 tracks without vulgar power and typical "stench" for Sarcofago.

I was last year in Brazil and have spoken to the general manager of Sepultura
about Wagner & Sarcofago. He laughs about them and called Wagner the biggest poser in Amazonias. Antonio (manager) told me that he's know a very rich guy because of his family and that's why puted all fans in his ass! he needn't to play anymore his live is money!

49 points because my soul didn't want give lower.

Pyrus
Rabbi of Riffage

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 1:39 pm 

Hmmm...he does use the phrase "49 points cause my soul doesn't want give lower," and that's fucking excellent. But otherwise...meh. Link me and I'll nuke it.

Stonecold
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 2:26 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=720

I thought there was a thread about this. Why the fuck hasn't anyone shot down the professor's (AKA Symphony_of_Terror's) retarded masterpiece yet? It's just the facts - if no reason is given, I will personally write an Reroute to Remain review and call it textbook thrash! No, make that the epitome of speed metal!

Pyrus
Rabbi of Riffage

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 2:29 pm 

Oh yeah, this is the "I like the not of the intensity not having with death metal some people liking the nothing intense Gothenburg I am not WAKKA JAKKA JAKKA" review.

He fails at English and gives it a zero despite discussing several redeeming qualities. OFF WITH HIS HEAD!

Reaper
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 2:54 pm 

Let the defenstrations begin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

meh.... It doesn't explain much.

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=1185#124

Quote:
Decent...but overrated... - 77%
Written by Snxke on February 3rd, 2003

This CD is quite the little controversy as people have hailed it as a "great return" while all it becomes is a nice album for the "second era" of Mr. Diamond.

The storyline is confusing, and kind of sucks - but the theatrics are pulled off with a classic gusto unheard since Voodoo and Kings early works such as Them and The Eye.

Sadly - the production is kind of stale and only a few songs stand out as King classics. Songs like "Slippery Stairs" and "The Storm" are quite good while many of the rest get bogged down in "storyline" bits. No offense - bring back the singing in ALL songs and only talking in the intro/outro.

King's team has weakened as well, the riffs just aren't there in a few tracks...

I think this had potential - but it needs more work if King is to regain his hallowed status.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does this qualify as shit? I think it does.

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=920#124

Quote:
10 cool things about Nile's latest album. - 92%
Written by SpookyApparition on December 7th, 2002

1. The solo in "Unas Slayer Of The Gods."
2. Main riff in "Sarcophagus."
3. Choir parts on "The Blessed Dead."
4. It's lengthy length.
5. The sweet ending riff on the 2nd part of the title track....or maybe the 3rd part. I can't remember.
6. The scroll-like lyric insert.
7. The awesome riff on the last song, even though it does go on for a BIT too long.
8. "Execration Text" is the most frantic song ever.
9. That one guy looks like McGuyver, my friend says.
10. It's not Cinerary.

Ehhhh... This is pretty minimal I guess.

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=777#124

Quote:
This Is the Real Fury - 87%
Written by Tom on October 5th, 2003

This is the most furious album Annihilator ever did. I don't understand the opinions from guys before- no one LP before had so much aggression and power like this one!
Jeff Waters and co. presents here the highest form for years. Every album from them are something special maybe without "Set the World...." every are different than other but no one are so intensive like Waking.
Okey there are some early AC/DC sounding track called "Nothin' To Me"
what have not to much to do with thrash metal but there are also hits
like "Ultramotion", "Striker" or my absolute fave song "Firepower" which has a great guitar and drums work.
It's not necessary to write something more in fourth or fifth review of the same LP so that's why i'm ending and sayin' to this people which doesn't heard this album...Please try IT!!!

Not enough info.

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=275#50

Quote:
You can't even give them credit for trying - 40%
Written by Disciple_Of_Metal on January 21st, 2003

After an album like Arise (where it was evident that the ideas were running low) you could expect something horrible like this.

I think my 40% is a bit generous for this album, as it completely bores me. The only worthwhile track is the opening one and even then that is not a very exciting song. Where did all the thrashiness go? This album is not any mallcore or hardcore crap. It is just a BAD album! (Although if you compare Roots to this album you tend to think of Chaos A.D. as being the work of a genius...)

All I can say is, stay away from this album. This is the album where Sepultura really lost their edge.

Pretty minimal... it's the best, but why?

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=245#119

Quote:
Thrash classic. - 95%
Written by Grave on July 29th, 2002

This is the best album Testament has done. It may not be as heavy as their newer work, but it still takes the cake. The album features one of the best lead players in metal, Alex Skolnick. Alex has great leads on this album, I think some of the best work he has ever done. Eric Peterson wrote some of the best, most memorable riffs ever on this one. While Chuck Billy did some of the best vocals with his wide range. The drumming and bass playing is pretty basic stuff, but it's still very well done. I've owned this album for almost ten years, and it still ranks at the top of my favorite list. This album is a must buy for any metal fan, much less Thrash metal fan.

Best song on the album: "Disciples of The Watch" great riffs, nice clean intro and a killer solo.

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=74#117
2 Maiden reviews:

Obvious unneccessary, and useless information

Quote:
A step up from the debut!! - 88%
Written by TemptationsWing on March 1st, 2004

Iron Maiden increase the madness on this one. The choruses are better than the first albumn. Some of the best are "Wrathchild," "Killers", and "Purgatory." "Murders in the Rue Morgue" is the best track on here. The lyrics are awesome. "I remember it as plain as day, Although it happened in the dark of the night." It doesn't get much better!! This is also the arrival of Adrian Smith. Smith and Murray came up with some magical melodies that really blended with Di'anno's vocals. Once again Harris and Burr provide the backing force behind each and every song. Some other highlights to look out for are "Innocent Exile", "Twilight Zone", and "Drifter."

------------------------------------------------------

Doesn't say much

Quote:
Totally overrated. Killers = filler - 81%
Written by PumpkinFlyFree on December 12th, 2002

This cd probably has the weakest songwriting of Iron Maiden's career, aside from X Factor and Virtual XI. The only really outstanding songs are "The Ides Of March"/"Wrathchild", "Murders In The Rue Morgue" (awesome awesome song, spectacular on all levels, very catchy), "Another Life", and "Killers" ( begins soft and melodic, then gets wild and viscious, telling the story of the song well ).
The rest just sounds extremely outdated. Many of these songs Maiden had different versions of when they first started out, and they re-arranged them for this album. The band doesn't sound together anymore. Anyway, it's a definate disappointment on many levels, considering their awesome debut.
Recommended for those who like Iron Maiden alot; not recommended to those who are mildly interested in the band.

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=73#117
2 more Maiden reviews:

For a Maiden "fanboy" he really doesn't describe the music he loves very well.

Quote:
Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden - 92%
Written by MaidenWorshipper on November 30th, 2002

Well, the first full-length offer from the greatest band of all time, the one and only Iron Maiden. The instrument work on this one is top-notch, and the vocals are very good. I don't think Dickinson would have sounded as good as Di'Anno on this album.
"Prowler" is a great opening song, it has a killer riff and some catchy lyrics. "Sanctuary" is okay, "Remember Tomorrow" is a very good balladsy type song, but has a good fast section towards the end. "Running Free" is excellent, and "Phantom of the Opera" sets the standard for the album. "Transylvania" is one of the best instrumentals I have ever heard, and the next two songs are average.
All in all, a pretty good album, not as good as the rest of Maiden's collection, but definitely a solid first effort.

Another fanboy that doesn't know how to describe the album.

Quote:
Where it all started - 95%
Written by ironasinmaiden on August 16th, 2002

Before Iron Maiden became metal's undisputed champions, before selling out arenas worldwide, before Eddie was a universal metallic mascot, there was this album. Truly a landmark in the new wave of british heavy metal, "Iron Maiden" exemplifies exactly why these five blokes are revered as legends.

Every song is more or less classic, led by Steve Harris' galloping bass lines and topped off with Paul Di'anno's charismatic wailing. Recorded before Adrian Smith's entrance, some solos lack the emotion of later releases, but it's Maiden regardless. Songs like Prowler, Charlotte the Harlot and Maiden's flagship song are bursting with energy, showcasing a band that is equal parts hungry and aggressive.

The album that introduced Maiden to the world deserves to be owned by anybody who considers themselves to cherish metal as an art form. A true classic!

The songs are about death, so it MUST BE Death Metal....yup :rolleyes:

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=212#119

Quote:
Slayer - Reign in Blood - 99%
Written by MaidenWorshipper on December 3rd, 2002

This is a great album. Superb lyrics which are beautifully executed by Araya, guitar work that sounds hella creepy, and some insanely fast drumming by Lombardo. This album practically started death metal. The lyrics are all about death, from talking about Auschwitz concentration camp to wearing someone's head on their wall. This music is very fast and chaotic, and probably not geared for a beginning listener.
"Angel of Death" starts off the album on the right foot, being very fast and having some outstanding lyrics. "Altar of Sacrifice" is another standout, with Araya screaming "Enter to the realm of Satan". That part sends chills down my spine. All of the latter part of the album is outstanding. The riff in "Postmortem" is great, and "Reign in Blood" is one of my favorite songs of all time. So, overall, this has to be one of the best albums of all time, at least that I have listened to.

3 Iced Earth Reviews:

This is supposed to be an album review, not a song review.

Quote:
By far their best work - 97%
Written by HellCrusader13 on November 22nd, 2003

Iced Earth at their best...while at the time, the band was at a low point, and Schaeffer considered it a bad album, they turned out some really great tunes. Dark and brutal all the way through, every single song is one to remember. All but one of the songs are equally great. The one that stands above even these is Dante's Inferno. You should buy the album just because of this song. This epic is a whopping 16 minutes long, and talks about the book it is named after, going through the 9 planes of hell one by one. While not as detailed as the book (of course, it can't be), it gives you all the finer aspects of hell and its punishments. Being 16 minutes, it would be boring with just the same riffs, so Schaeffer and Shawver change it around a lot, mixing it up, giving it great guitar all the way through the song.

So over all, if your friends say this album sucks, forget them. Unless your a death metal fan, you may want to wait till your 2nd or so Iced Earth album to buy this album.[/quote]

meh.... minimal I guess....

Quote:
Infernal Wisdom Awaits! - 97%
Written by peepsbucket on May 3rd, 2003

Burnt Offerings starts off with an eerie piano melody and instantly jumps into the title track. Every solo on this album is wicked; every riff is memorable (especially Diary). The evil lyrics fit the music perfectly. There is no low point to this album; each track has something unique to offer.

Some high points:
The Slayer-esque solo in Burnt Offerings fucking rules.
The simultaneous solo/shrieking on Burring Oasis sends a chill down my spine.
Matt Barlow's vocal range on Dante's Inferno never ceases to amaze me.

Burnt Offerings is probably the best album released in 95.

Another minimal review.

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=174#119

Quote:
Iced Earth's Best - 90%
Written by SomberOracle on July 17th, 2002

In my opinion this is Iced Earth's best album. It has alot darker feel than the rest of the Iced Earth's albums, good emotion. I also think that the variety in the riffs is the best in this album opposed to the rest of Iced Earth's releases. The title track of the album is a great song and one of my all time favorites, Dante's Inferno is also a great song along with other tracks such as "Brainwashed". Burnt Offerings is a must have album for any metalhead.

This album is...... nice

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=1039#119

Quote:
Great debut. - 86%
Written by Grave on July 28th, 2002

This is the album that started it all for Malevolent. This is still their best album, I think. It's pretty straightforward old school Death Metal. The production could be better, but it's still pretty good for being a debut. The drumming of Mick Simpson was done very well. The vocals sound pretty good too, they have nice old school feel to them. The guitars and bass also sound pretty damn nice, too. I say it's a must buy for any Death Metal fan.

Jesus Chirst!!! Can you please tell me why the bass, guitars, etc. are excellent.

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=606#119

Quote:
One of the best band's best album. - 99%
Written by Grave on July 28th, 2002

If you were on a desert island, and had to pick one Death Metal album, which one would you pick? Well, i'd pick this one without a doubt. This album is when Death started to get more technical, and plus Chuck added two of the greatest musicians in Metal history to the lineup... Steve DiGiorgio and Sean Reinhert. This album is what most old school Death Metal bands wish they sounded like. Technical, fast, heavy as shit and godlike lyrics/vocals. Steve brought alot to this album, his bass playing on this is absolutely incredible. Sein Reinhert (most of you know him from Cynic) is one of the best drummers to ever grace metal. This album is a must for all fans of metal.

I laugh at your review.

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=14942#119

Quote:
Oh my GOD this is awful. - 0%
Written by Grave on May 24th, 2003

At first I thought they might be interesting, since I had never heard a progressive death metal band with a female vocalist. Well, I didn't find what I thought to be a progressive death metal band. Whoever labeled this band as death metal on here is mistaken. This band is AWFUL. They sound like Kittie! I am now sending an mp3 of this band to one of my friends so he can laugh with me. Terrible.

This guy keeps on sucking with his minimal reviews

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=1012#119

Quote:
Pestilence are kings! - 92%
Written by Grave on September 1st, 2002

This band (on this album anyway) was a Floridian DM styled group from the Netherlands that just flat out kills. This band is similar to Death in many ways... vocally and guitar wise. If you're into old school DM, this is the band for you. I say this is on of my favorite albums of all time... and one of my top 5 as far as Death Metal goes. You need this album if you call yourself a death metalist.

Highlight: "Suspended Animation" Just a killer all around tune. Great riffs and great lyrics.

And this one...

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=835#119

Quote:
James Murphy is a god. - 86%
Written by Grave on September 1st, 2002

Well I finally purchased this album after hearing about it for over 4 months.... and I must say, it is fantastic. I could go on about how much it rules, and reasons you should buy it, but i'll sum it up for you really quick. Brutal Death Metal with James Murphy. How can you go wrong there? BUY THIS NOW. But it might be difficult to find.

And this one....

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=1031#119

Quote:
The only Decapitated I need. - 94%
Written by Grave on May 2nd, 2003

Alright, first off... these guys are really young (the average age of the members when this album material was made is 15-16) and probably one of the best bands out of Poland. This CD is a compilation of their earlier demos plus a couple of live tracks. The Eye of Horus demo is what makes this album shine. The song "The First Damned" is probably the best on this disc. I prefer the raw death metal production on these demos to their albums. I mean I like Winds of Creation and Nihility... but I don't think they compare to the demo material. Don't let my words mislead you into thinking this is a poorly produced album. The production on the demos just better suits the songs.

This band is what I consider the epitome of Technical Death Metal. I can think of few bands that call themselves "technical" and do it better than these guys. I can see this band getting even better as the age. Buy this CD now. Decapitated fan or not.

And probably this one.....

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=3546#119

Quote:
If you enjoy great drumming... GET THIS. - 87%
Written by Grave on August 27th, 2002

First of all, Richard Christy (Death, Control Denied, Iced Earth) is a GODLY drummer. Well... except on IE albums (but that's a whole different story), but anyway... If you enjoyed the drumming on Death's The Sound of Perservence, you will love the drumming on this. This band features Richard Christy and a member or two from Acheron. This album is technical, fast, and brutal as fuck. This is a must have for any Death Metal fan, and especially for any Richard Christy fan.

Highlight Song: Blind To All That Exists (fast, technical, has great lead work)

And this one...... (I swear I'm not picking on him, they just all really suck)

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=6718#119

Quote:
Huge letdown.... - 60%
Written by Grave on December 1st, 2002

Okay... I don't really see what's so great about this band. If someone had handed you the CD, and you didn't know who the musicians were on this album... What would you think? I'd think this is a piece of crap band trying to sound like Grave, Carnage, and Entombed. I've heard enough of this "sound" on early Grave and Entombed albums.... and they do it 500 times better. Buy "Grave - Into The Grave", "Entombed - Left Hand Path" and do yourself a favor and forget about Bloodbath.

HURR HURRR, FIGHT TEH POWAHH. This mainstream album is good, what are you guys talking about...

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=83#9

Quote:
A step farther from brutality, but good nontheless - 85%
Written by PsyKoCracker on March 8th, 2003

This review is mostly in response to people who say "omg, they lightened their sound!!! NU METAL!!! I'll give them a 20%"

Soilwork indeed got much lighter, but IMHO, this was a step in the right direction. Back in the APP and CHM era, they were just another melo death band out there. With NBC they seem to form their own sound. Just because a band lightens their sound doesnt automatically mean that it sucks, or that they are selling out.

So I advise you to use your judgement and start liking music because it sounds good, not try to make yourself look 1337 by using the "They got lighter so they suck" rule.

To those who have not heard Soilwork, in this era they are melodic death with a mix of clean vox. It's comparable in ways to In Flames in the Clayman era, but much better IMO.

Give NBC a try, and then decide for yourself whether this was a step in the right, or wrong direction.

I know it's a box set, but a little more info would be appreciated

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=2#94

Quote:
A box set for all box sets - 98%
Written by StoneDeadForever on May 20th, 2003

I don't know how it can get any better than this! 3 classic (REMASTERED) Iced Earth albums, Enter the Realm, and then Iced Earth giving a new life to some of metal's greatest songs! I mean really! A remastered Burnt Offerings was enough for me. But then Stormrider! and Iced Earth! This is definately worth the cash (if you can find it under $55 then buy it on that day!).

He said it... Nothing Special Here

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=1133#109

Quote:
Nothing special here... - 35%
Written by PumpkinFlyFree on September 29th, 2002

I used to own this. The only tracks worth hearing are "Power Of Thy Sword", "Master Of The Wind", and "Metal Warriors". The rest is completely repetitive to the point of annoyance. The whole Agony and Ecstacy in 8 parts thing is like 8 jokes in one, with no purpose but to make a long song "epic". From what I have downloaded Manowar's first few albums rock a whole lot more.
The sound quality on here is pretty good if that helps it any. Regardless, it doesn't clarify any good music behind the production. I advise the reader to purchase one of the first 3 Manowar albums before getting this.

That's all for now I'll let you delete what you feel is worthless. But dude, do you really want me to keep going, cause there are a SHITLOAD of bad reviews such as the ones above. I mean, I have no problem with helping you guys out, I kinda enjoy it, but I really don't want to be taking up alot of your time, if it takes alot of effort to delete them. How long would it take you to delete these reviews? Do you want me to keep em' coming?

Pyrus
Rabbi of Riffage

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 3:07 pm 

Nuked a whole shitload of those...that oughta be enough for now, as it's almost lunchtime. Settle down for a bit.

CandideCamera

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 4:08 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=3023#3606

Celtic of Frost - 40%
Written by DomitorInvictus on October 22nd, 2003

This Album just Blows, its Simple, Boring, Gay, but at the same time Pansy, Fairy Music full of Operatic Female Vocals, Violins, and the Gayest Backing Vocals ever heard to man.. thanks to experimentations track 1 even has some guy who sounds like squidward from spongebob squarepants singing 1 line..
its a real pity that some tracks were actually quite good.. but something always comes in to ruin that for you.
was it really Necessary for Celtic Frost to use all these Gay little added extras..
i bought this album expecting to hear something like the simple yet very effective album "Morbid Tales" but instead got something that reminded me of something id hear at a fucking Gothic Rave or something..
i mean they use R&B Backing Vocals for Fucks Sake.. and some bodgy ass techno sounding thing that fucking blows.. thats not metal
all these added features are definitely not necessary and only ruin the album.. theres only about 3 tracks i can bear to listen to on it..

oh dear

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 4:40 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=7300

So over-hyped it's lame... - 9%
Written by Bathym on March 23rd, 2004

Here's another release that's heavily "hyped" and I have no idea why!! This cd is your typical Scandanavian sounding black metal, 100% comparable to MAYHEM, DARK FUNERAL, DARK THRONE, early SATYRICON, early EMPRROR, ENSLAVED, GORGOROTH, MARDUK, IMMORTAL, GEHENNA, COVENANT, ISVIND, THE BLACK, NIFELHEIM, MORK GRYNING, WARLOGHE, and all other bands who play "Norsecore" styled shit!!!! Not even as much as one interesting note can be found on this!!! BORING AND OVER-RATED!! It really baffles me why this release seems so sought-after these days, since it's a total waste of time!!

What does this say?
- The album is 100% comparable to an overlong and useless list of bands that have little in common, crammed together to make the review look longer.
- It's boring... I'd like to know why, since judging from the aforementioned list it seems to have so many different influences.
- It's overhyped and overrated. Fair enough, just how does that affect the music? I never heard an overhyped riff, for instance.
- Did I mention it? ZERO DESCRIPTION OF THE MUSIC.

Anyone could write anything like this about any Black Metal album in 3 minutes without having heard it. Useless. Plus, there's already another review for this one and thankfully it's much better. Which makes this even more useless.

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 5:16 pm 

^You could say the same for at least half of Bathym's output.
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

Pyrus
Rabbi of Riffage

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 7:54 pm 

Killed those two. Somebody remind me to look at Bathym's reviews.

NuclearWinter
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 1:31 am 

Pyrus wrote:
Killed those two. Somebody remind me to look at Bathym's reviews.

Try this one.

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=5379#6292

Quote:
THE album that killed my interest in death metal.. - 1%
Written by Bathym on March 22nd, 2004

Well, here's THE album which I listened to, then immediatley went looking for non-Roadrunner bands!!! Such a fitting name for this band, as this is just that, an atrocity!!! Musically, this album is total worship of NAPALM DEATH in the "UB" and "HC" era, though with better production than the latter. The guitar sound/tone is EXACTLY the same (I'm sure they used the same equipment). The main reason I only gave this a "1" was because it's so un-original it's disgusting. Clearly, the band can actually play their instruments, but it does nothing to overshadow their copy-cat problems!!! Vocally, they try to do about 3 different voices, but the main vocals sound exactly like Barney on "UB"!!! Ugh, time to hit the stop button after only 4 songs and trade it in for a black metal cd...
I'll never forget the hilarious interview with the vocalist in SOD mag around '94/'95 where he bragged that ATROCITY was "the MOST original death metal band"!!! Thanks for the laugh!! Then again, since they've changed their style so much since this album, I can honestly say I have a little bit of respect for them now. Too bad I still don't like your music...

He's factually wrong on this one - Longing For Death is epic, progressive death metal, not accessible death/grind - and even if he was correct, there's not much description at all.

This one also kinda sucks:

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=2496#6292

Quote:
"Norse" styled black metal not from Norway... - 23%
Written by Bathym on March 24th, 2004

Surprising I hear NARGAROTH often compared to GRAVELAND, as they really sound nothing alike, at least not this album. The biggest influence I hear is early SATYRICON (which this cd is in the vein of almost 100%!!). Most songs are around 10-15 minutes, and get quite boring after they're half over. Even so, this is probably better than 75% of all the "Nordic" styled trash I've heard in the last 3-4 years (including bands from Norway itself!), as there is hateful feeling present (something your typical "Norsecore" severly lacks). But this really is not my cup of tea musically...

(Originally appeared on LARM, © 2000)

The rating doesn't fit the description at all - being better than 75% of contemporaries (i.e. way the hell above average) but just boring the reviewer doesn't merit a 23% mark.

Come to think of it, most negative Bathym reviews don't have a rating that befits the actual review at all.

Last edited by NuclearWinter on Wed May 05, 2004 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Danthrax_Nasty
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 2:30 am 

NuclearWinter wrote:
He's factually wrong on this one - Longing For Death is epic, progressive death metal, not accessible death/grind - and even if he was correct, there's not much description at all.

I agree here.

Tharamyr
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 6:18 am 

This review isn't gawdawful (at least it has good english) but it's pretty nondescriptive. "Beautiful keyboard sound, bad but fitting production" is all that is said by this review. It's not like the album needs this review.

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=336#2792
purp wrote:
Written by Purp on May 4th, 2004

Dimmu Borgir are a band that a lot of people like and dig for a lot of different reasons. One is that they're pretty easy to get into. But it's also a band that some people hate and think they're to much mainstream now. This is not what I think, for me they're a band that I've very close to my heart. Almost as close as it can get. And they sure got a speciel place there and will stay there for as long as I'm listening to metal.

This, "For all Tid", is there first release from 1994 but they've also released a remix with two bonus tracks in 1997, and it sure is a good one! But it's not the same sound like they have nowadays when they use a lot of symphonic elements in their music. As well as all the lyrics are in norwegian on this album. Now they're using a lot of english lyrics.
This album has a very good atmosphere which last for the entire album. They've also got very a very beautiful keyboard sound which really makes the atmosphere better and fits very good to the vocals. The production is not so good, but it fits in very good. I think it really makes the album a lot better. If they had a good production on this one I don't think it would be this good.
The first track is "Det Nye Riket" which is a slow track, almost fully instrumental. It's a great track to begin an album with. Most of the other songs are faster, but they're also very good. Like "Glittertind", it's a pretty fast instrumental song with only some cool screams that just kicks ass. So much beauty in it.

All in all this is a great release which every Dimmu Borgir fan should own. Or everyone that's a fan of great Black Metal with a good atmosphere.
My fav's on this one are:

Under Korpens Vinger
Over Bleknede Blaner Til Dommedag (This track has some nice clean vocals)
Glittertind
For All Tid

Get this one!

PainMiseryDeath
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 12:09 pm 

Yeah purps reviews are rather half-assed.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 1:52 pm 

Spared. It's not great, but it passes.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Pyrus
Rabbi of Riffage

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 2:56 pm 

Gwuh...I don't like it. He doesn't really describe the sound much - but then, most people have a general idea of what Dimmu sounds like. STill, his description of the music amounts to:
-Great black metal with a good atmosphere
-Beautiful keyboard sound
-Bad production that fits well
-The first track is a slow instrumental, and the rest are fast.
-Not the same as modern Dimmu.

:nono: It's your call, Morrigan, but I'd personally say kill it.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 4:11 pm 

Oh for crying out loud. Nobody said the music had to be described in extreme details. Apart from Boris, who the fuck counts the riffs anyway? He gives a rather general description of the sound, but the rules don't state that you have to be vividly descriptive either.

You could probably summarize plenty of "good" reviews the way you did.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Orphaned_Light
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 4:47 pm 

It just uses good, fast, very good, slow, pretty fast, good. *yawn I can skip through the album in a minute and gather that. I like a review with some enthusiasm or at least a little attention to detail.

UltraBoris
Speed Metal Satan

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 11:22 pm 

I'd give 'em about 3 points. Unless the 1st review is indeed factually incorrect (I've never heard the Probot LP), in which case it needs to have its ass cleaned with the cat-o-nine-tails.

Pyrus
Rabbi of Riffage

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 7:33 pm 

Alright, whatev. I'd be inclined to agree with you if there weren't already five reviews...I've never heard the album, though, so that might be enough of a description for all I know.

Tharamyr
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 8:17 am 

I just made a report about some guy fucking up the Funeral Mist additional notes (he put in: "Funeral Mist belives in GOD and JESUS CHRIST!
read the lyrics, Xian satanism.") but forgot to put this in: the page had 'devoted2hell' as the person who made the last change.

Fucking retard.

Also, the length of the Devilry EP seems wrong. It should be somewhere around 20 minutes (I only have it on mp3 so I can't tell exactly) while the page mentions 25 minutes. The additional notes of the EP mention there's a bonus track in the vinyl edition, so that's where it might come from. So either fix the playing time or change the tracklist to the vinyl one.

Btw is it possible for normal members (like me) to update the additional notes? If so this whole report was useless and I'm stupid.

Danthrax_Nasty
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 8:50 am 

Tharamyr wrote:
Btw is it possible for normal members (like me) to update the additional notes? If so this whole report was useless and I'm stupid.

I believe that you have to be a veteren to change anything thats already on a band page. Could be wrong, but I am fairly sure.

Osmium
The Hateful Raven

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 9:24 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=1106#612

Quote:
Good, but not as good! - 85%
Written by PowerMetalGuardian on December 31st, 2002

Good, but not as good! That basically sums up the 4th Legacy! Everyone was telling me how great it was! Personally I was not impressed, but don't get me wrong! 4th Legacy is a good album, which I will purchase in the nearby future, but it is not the best Kamelot has done! One of the reasons why I didn't like this one as much is because there are a lot of the Kamelot ballads. A couple of them are pretty cool, but they can get repetitive. Songs like the 4th Legacy are surely Kamelot classics! And because Khan has outstanding vocals I give this album a B! If you love Kamelot, 4th Legacy is definetly one to get!!!

Crazy Ivan is not happy.

~

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=1111

Quote:
one of the best power metal albums - 93%
Written by Insignificant on August 29th, 2003

Great album with interesting melodies that makes you listen closely. Many exciting songs (like Forever, Wings Of Despair, Karma) makes the album more special for its kind.
Many people say that the vocals are more girlish than they should be, but, that is just opinions. Lets just say that the vocals are very melodic, and for some people that is a plus for buying this album, and for some others a minus.
I am one of these people that say that the vocalist has a great voice and f@ck the opinions of the rest :Pp Also i am a man that i dont like power, but there are exceptions, like this album, that is a must for a metal collection, and surely for those that listen power metal.

The username must have been adopted for this review.

~

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=1111#612

Quote:
Who will trade his Karma for my Kingdom? - 99%
Written by PowerMetalGuardian on December 22nd, 2002

Kamelot has done it again with the leading talented vocalist Khan! The opening track "Regalis Apertura" is the best instrumental opening I have ever heard! All the songs are magnificent, great solos, great vocals; everything a power metal album could ask for! It has it's heavy songs(i.e. Forever, Wings of Despair, Karma), but it also has some slow melodic songs(i.e. Don't You Cry)! Don't You Cry, alone is the best power metal ballad I have ever heard, and it's even better when Khan sings it in French (Ne Pleure Pas)! Along with the regular tracks, there are 3 other songs under the title of Elizabeth. Not for sure what this is exactly, but I am pretty sure it tells some sort of story! All in all every song is magnificent and worth listening too over and over!

Great, eh?

~

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=13025#612

Quote:
Khan delivers again - 100%
Written by PowerMetalGuardian on December 30th, 2002

My equation for Epica:
4th Legacy + Siege Perilous / Karma = Epica!
Epica is due to release in January, but through sources and mp3 sharing, I got to listen to this album ahead of its due date! This album is great. I would not say it is better than Karma, but on equal levels(see equation). Khan deleviers again. He is an amazing vocalist that keeps Kamelot up at the top!
Some great songs on Epica are: Center of the Universe, Wander, Descent of the Archangel, and many more! Probably my favorite would be Lost and Damned! The only thing I don't understand about this album; there is a lot of parts including an arcordion!!! Anyways, if you like Karma, Epica should definetly be on your wish list! I am getting it as soon as it hits the shelves!

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 239  Next